TJ09

2021-01-24 - January Dragon Release

My little ones hatched - I now have 2 red, 2 blue, and a pink (my orange still has a few hours left)

Mastered to get one additional egg - torn between letting it hatch for another pink or making the trade for another orange.

Though has it been confirmed that Influence does not affect the egg? And that using Precog on a hatchling does not affect it (ex. Precog'ing a orange hatche oesn't make it blue)?

For what it's worth, I received 2 via teleport, influenced them and both hatched pink:

image.png.34b8b5e7bc3e9aa5277deb4fcce02e5d.png

image.png.d9457c53d87ba6b14a94cf5d6c7a74da.png 

So influence seems to reset to pink.

Not sure I like this mechanic overall, seems too complicated and BSA wasteful, but I'll give them a chance, and at least collect my usual quota.

Cheers!

Shala

wish I had known about the 'fun' little trick with these guys before doing any bsa's. They're already hard enough to get, and I didn't catch any on my own. I had to sell my soul for the 4 I did get in a trade, but instead of the color I wanted they're all red. I wanted a red, yes. Keyword "A" = single out of the four. I realizing I'm griping, and the idea is a good one, I just think a tiny bit of "Hey head's up! These are different!" might have been nice instead of a completely blind release out of left field.

I love the dragons, I always do, the artists and TJ are always great with them and they rarely fail to impress. The problem here was the execution. And what sucks is, these eggs will now be rare. Even if they're not meant to be or labeled as. Why? Because of the way they get their colors. Some will have higher value over others and can only be obtained in certain ways. the pink will be rarest because it can't be tampered with by three BSA's meant to give/trade, foresee gender or incubate. 

It's similar to why I don't really care for the Siyat dragons so much, though their color affected BSA isn't as extreme as this new one. That one just takes patience and timing. I don't hate the dragons themselves, or even dislike them at all of either breed. I think the colors on all of them are amazing! Which is why it sucks that all the ones I traded for are red and can only be red. I missed the S1 hatchlings as, again this release was unexpected, so I didn't know if all hatchies would look red and then change or whatnot. I knew there was some kind of theme with them as there were 4, yet only available in three biomes. I figured they'd be like the Garnet dragons and the forth was possibly an alt. That would have been cool.

I'm not trying to sound bitter, though I know that's how it comes off, and more dragons IS awesome, and I'm thankful, but if I disagree with surprise drops between holidays and unexplained themes to said dragons, I'm going to disagree. I mean no disrespect, but sometimes being vague isn't the way to go. Especially to a completionist like myself. 

Here's hoping that breeding them has no affect on the 2G eggs color, though that'll affect any perfect checker someone goes for.

Gosh, I sound so horrible with this post, and I'm sorry, but it's how I feel! >~<;

7 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

Lots of peopAP hunting might be a good option for people who don't want to bother with the eggs themselves. 

I expect the pink variant to come back into demand for Valentine breeding.

Didn't see any of the new eggs in AP. Did see 44 players waiting to pounce.

This is confusing me as more reports trickle in... But at least I'm fairly sure I'm going to have two of each colour, lol. 

15 minutes ago, Syiren said:

wish I had known about the 'fun' little trick with these guys before doing any bsa's. They're already hard enough to get, and I didn't catch any on my own. I had to sell my soul for the 4 I did get in a trade, but instead of the color I wanted they're all red. I wanted a red, yes. Keyword "A" = single out of the four. I realizing I'm griping, and the idea is a good one, I just think a tiny bit of "Hey head's up! These are different!" might have been nice instead of a completely blind release out of left field.

I love the dragons, I always do, the artists and TJ are always great with them and they rarely fail to impress. The problem here was the execution. And what sucks is, these eggs will now be rare. Even if they're not meant to be or labeled as. Why? Because of the way they get their colors. Some will have higher value over others and can only be obtained in certain ways. the pink will be rarest because it can't be tampered with by three BSA's meant to give/trade, foresee gender or incubate. 

It's similar to why I don't really care for the Siyat dragons so much, though their color affected BSA isn't as extreme as this new one. That one just takes patience and timing. I don't hate the dragons themselves, or even dislike them at all of either breed. I think the colors on all of them are amazing! Which is why it sucks that all the ones I traded for are red and can only be red. I missed the S1 hatchlings as, again this release was unexpected, so I didn't know if all hatchies would look red and then change or whatnot. I knew there was some kind of theme with them as there were 4, yet only available in three biomes. I figured they'd be like the Garnet dragons and the forth was possibly an alt. That would have been cool.

I'm not trying to sound bitter, though I know that's how it comes off, and more dragons IS awesome, and I'm thankful, but if I disagree with surprise drops between holidays and unexplained themes to said dragons, I'm going to disagree. I mean no disrespect, but sometimes being vague isn't the way to go. Especially to a completionist like myself. 

Here's hoping that breeding them has no affect on the 2G eggs color, though that'll affect any perfect checker someone goes for.

Gosh, I sound so horrible with this post, and I'm sorry, but it's how I feel! >~<;

I completely agree.  I grabbed two from each biome thinking exactly what you did, that three of the variations were biome specific, and I'd at the very least have two each of those three, but checked this morning to find that they're all red because their variations are determined not by biome but by the BSA that was last used on it.  If I'd known that going in, or at least had a hint, I wouldn't have gone through my usual routine of influencing and incubating the eggs.

Edit:  Not trying to complain at all.  I can just as easily breed the dragons that I have now and try to get the others from their offspring later.  I just would've liked a little forewarning before my eggs hatched.

Edited by Lightstorm12000

42 minutes ago, Shala said:

For what it's worth, I received 2 via teleport, influenced them and both hatched pink:

image.png.34b8b5e7bc3e9aa5277deb4fcce02e5d.png

image.png.d9457c53d87ba6b14a94cf5d6c7a74da.png 

So influence seems to reset to pink.

Not sure I like this mechanic overall, seems too complicated and BSA wasteful, but I'll give them a chance, and at least collect my usual quota.

Cheers!

Shala

Oh no, I influenced my to be orange ones :( I thought it didnt have any effect.

I will keep them to test! If they are pink Im sure I can trade for an orange one.

Edited by Ruffledfeathers

@Ruffledfeathers I can't say for sure but I believe Shala's outcome is actually a bug with them never having become Orange from the teleport, rather than the influence having any effect. I've yet to see anything traded after the 24th that would have that kind of outcome.

Woah, adults!! Okay, first impressions:

I was not expecting the Cantormaris adults to be so big, maybe it's just the pose but their body looks overall bigger than I'd imagined. The red/black is definitely my least favorite, which I suspected as soon as I saw the hatchies, the colors are just too dark and especially next to the others they just don't fit. (Which kinda sucks, since red/black is what I'd always get if I just played my normal way...) I see the vague nod to their BSA-led hatching mechanics in their description but honestly I was hoping for something a little more detailed in the description, something to really tie them to each mechanic instead of just hinting at it with why they call people to them. Overall, not my favorite sprites, I don't dislike them exactly they just aren't appealing to me. 

The Nobleshields on the other hand, Woah! I LOOOOVE these adults!! I saw someone a few pages ago say they may be their favorite hybrid sprite, and I 100% agree. The coloring is a perfect mixture of their parentage, their bodies are sleek and 'shiny' without being a 'shiny breed', they really seem to live up to the 'noble' in their name just with their looks... I want 100 of them!! I can't stop looking at the male's pose, he looks like he is absolutely contemplating some Deep Dark Truth.

This one was influenced after teleporting and I think it is orange, although as I said earlier I really have to strain to see the differences.

image.png.0b6f1ac5fe3fc257401d931228e70c58.png

11 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

The Nobleshields on the other hand, Woah! I LOOOOVE these adults!! I saw someone a few pages ago say they may be their favorite hybrid sprite, and I 100% agree. The coloring is a perfect mixture of their parentage, their bodies are sleek and 'shiny' without being a 'shiny breed', they really seem to live up to the 'noble' in their name just with their looks... I want 100 of them!! I can't stop looking at the male's pose, he looks like he is absolutely contemplating some Deep Dark Truth.

This. I love the hybrids so much and I should have added in my thoughts for it in my post above, but you worded it so beautifully. Nobleshields are a glorious addition to the hybrid class. 

So.. basically, if I ever want a orange one, I have to find not just new eggs but also someone trading with me? Oh boy..

My favourite of the Cantormaris Dragons is the Iratus. I agree they're very dark, but I use the Portal 2 skin, so they fit right in, and the light grey pops out nicely. :D Second favourite are the Mundus and third the Itus, which look fairly similar except for body hue. The light blue highlights on those just fit nicely to the cyan Portal 2 highlight colour (I guess the Itus fits both of the highlight colours, actually!). The Sophos Cantormaris Dragons are my least favourite of the four, but I really like all them a lot. I love the narrow snoots. :D

This is probably an annoying question and I apologise if so: Were they initially designed to be Valentine dragons? I notice there are some heart shapes (two on the wings, one on the tail tip - arguably just a spade, though), and there were three spriters while the dragon has four variants (i.e. three could be spriter's alts), and the description of the default Cantormaris Dragon type is of a very friendly dragon.

The Nobleshield Dragons aren't really to my liking (I keep parsing their tail-shield as flesh, especially on the female, which doesn't quite suit their description narrative), but I can see the spriting is top-notch. :) Well-done!

Edited by pinkgothic

I think I’m in love with the Nobleshields 💜 wish I’d had one when I was homeless.

9 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

This is probably an annoying question and I apologise if so: Were they initially designed to be Valentine dragons? I notice there are some heart shapes (two on the wings, one on the tail tip - arguably just a spade, though), and there were three spriters while the dragon has four variants (i.e. three could be spriter's alts), and the description of the default Cantormaris Dragon type is of a very friendly dragon.

fwiw, there's also a heart on the egg. :3

14 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

I saw the heart shapes on their wings too! The Iratus color/description made me think they were a Halloween breed, but the hearts and general activity of luring people together with song definitely gives off Valentine's vibes.

4 hours ago, natashalyons said:

I haven't seen anybody else mention this before, but I am so excited to see Iratus lineages with Ke'maro xenos! Their colorings seem so complementary to me. I also love all of the other Cantormaria and their descriptions; I want to collect Mundus just to have tons of friendly, singing dragons around. The new mechanic is so unique and I love the challenge. Thank you so much to the spriters and to TJ!! 

Infi has been hyping up iratus/kemaro for Days and i've been So excited about it, seeing the adult last night?? I think I have to Immedately breed upon growing up 

3 hours ago, MomoScarletKaulitz said:

Hi everyone, sharing some insights regarding the colors based on my experience :)

I wasn't able to get a single of the new CB Dragons on my own. Every single one that I have, I've acquired via trade. I have 6.

2 of them I incubated.

2 of them I used Precog on.

2 of them I left untouched.

One of the incubated ones hatched and turned red.

The 2 untouched ones hatched and turned pink (instead of the expected Orange due to teleport).

Not sure anymore how the Orange variant is produced.

Was it ones you did early into release? Adrak had a pair of oranges go pink and we're pretty sure its just because it was while TJ was messing with the coding.

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I honestly am having trouble distinguishing one "color" of hatchie from another. The red/black ones are easily distinguished, but it strains my eyes to see any difference at all among the others. :wacko:

Yeah with pink and orange hatchies I'm just pulling them up in two tabs and popping between them to see if they're same or different lol

2 hours ago, dragonpuck said:

Gorgeous-- just wish one could find them !!!

trades are outrageous

can you get pink after a trade/teleport? ie- influence  as the last BSA?

As far as we can tell, you cannot reset it back to pink. Influence does not affect color whatsoever, which is nice for oranges.

Edited by Tinibree

Interesting. I just caught an abandoned Egg which hatched red.

It was already last stage broken, so I didn't use any BSAs. Does that mean, either the hatching colour is random or abandoning does not make wear off the BSA used?

i picked up an egg with a large hole off the AP and it hatched red... seems that the BSAs carry over to the ap??

edit: LOL seems the person directly above me and i posted at the same exact time, about the same thing XD  

Edited by InvaderAlexis

26 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

I saw the heart shapes on their wings too! The Iratus color/description made me think they were a Halloween breed, but the hearts and general activity of luring people together with song definitely gives off Valentine's vibes.

They've mentioned in uod that yeah these were rejected valentines from last year! So we get valentines + 3 salts for all :) Right before valentines heh

Could the new eggs drop a little more frequently please? I haven't managed to catch any since the original drop

Well, if you expect an AP Egg to hatch Pink, actually, and turns out to be a different colour although you didn't do anything, then its odd xD

6 minutes ago, Tinibree said:

They've mentioned in uod that yeah these were rejected valentines from last year! So we get valentines + 3 salts for all :) Right before valentines heh

Ahhh I am so happy they decided to release the salts!!! They're gorgeous..... I would have intenselyyyyy coveted them had they been limited to spriters' scrolls. I see the Valentine theme in their markings as well. How adorable!!