TJ09

2021-01-24 - January Dragon Release

So the hybrids are an old DR concept from years ago after all. Pretty sure I remember the centipede tail-shield and the male's pose. That's a long time to be in limbo! The color is nice; reminds me of zerg from Starcraft. The shield on their heads blends in a bit too much, but these are some great sprites with a refreshing design.

The other ones are ok, the confetti feels superfluous and distracts from cooler details on the sprite.

Probably not the first person mentioning this, but malevolence is badly misspelled in Iratus Cantormaris' description ("malevolant" instead of "malevolent").

Edited by Nevemore

I am curious how the market will work with this breed, since you can't trade market eggs, how will the orange color be acquired...  🤔

How to get the varients of the cave drop release? im sure it was stated somewhere in this thread but i dont have the time to sift through it unfortunately

i love the colors of them though they are amazing! sadly im like four days late from the drops so rip xD

3 hours ago, KaitoDragon6248 said:

How to get the varients of the cave drop release? im sure it was stated somewhere in this thread but i dont have the time to sift through it unfortunately

i love the colors of them though they are amazing! sadly im like four days late from the drops so rip xD

Pink
Default. No color-changing actions performed.
Blue
Precognition.
Orange
Teleport. The teleport may need to be completed for the color change to take effect, simply initializing a trade does not appear to affect color.
Red/Black
Incubate.

39 minutes ago, KaitoDragon6248 said:

What @acm1923 said above, but the color will depend on the last BSA that was used on the egg. You can influence the egg after any of those actions without changing the color.

So, color is based off of BSA done/ not done to them? And not The Cave habitat the egg was originally retrieved from? 

I hope I'm understanding. 😅
What if you, let us say, PreCoged an egg and then Incubated? 

4 hours ago, Falorni said:

To those complaining that they missed the drop time and how the eggs keep getting nabbed from the biomes: i feel ur pain but remember that so far this is all just typical New Release demand - as soon as the hype dies down they should be just as easy to grab as any other non-rare :)

Managed to grab my first egg outside the drop hours since I started looking again yesterday - they go fast but are still definitely obtainable even for someone with slower reflexes like me

I have seen a couple and cannot get them, but after the the "hype" dies down, then they won't come that often, either.  

I did better 2 days after the release with the xenowyrms and pargulus pygmies than this.  I do feel better seeing the adults, because I dislike the wings, so except for liking the colors, I am not going to miss these.

Good luck to everyone else trying, I hope you get what you need.

4 minutes ago, Cupup889 said:

So, color is based off of BSA done/ not done to them? And not The Cave habitat the egg was originally retrieved from? 

I hope I'm understanding. 😅
What if you, let us say, PreCoged an egg and then Incubated? 

Whatever the LAST action performed on them before hatching is what determines color.

In your example incubate was last, so you'd get a red/black.

Luckily influence isn't one of the color affecting BSAs, though, so you can influence any color how you'd like. :)

if anyone needs to bounce one of the Cantormaris eggs so they can get an orange one, it's ok to pm me

57 minutes ago, daba555 said:

I have seen a couple and cannot get them, but after the the "hype" dies down, then they won't come that often, either.  

We have no way to know that. Don't be pessimistic.

I got a pink one with a BSA of Incubate on it. 

I'm going to have to agree with someone who said the Cantormaris were too busy and all the stuff around them is distracting. I have to agree with that. These are way down on my list. I do love the hybrids though. 

Once Valentine's Day gets rolling, you'll be able to grab these.  I recently caught a zyu and blusang in the cave as folks went after the lure.  Having these so close to V-day will be a good thing in the end.

I've been swapping between the AP and the cave. Not seen one of the new ones in the AP (but I never do after new drops. anyway) and missed a few in the cave. Got two slots on my scroll that need filling - my arm is going to ache tonight!

28 minutes ago, Cheystar said:

I got a pink one with a BSA of Incubate on it. 

When did this one hatch? There was apparently a glitch when the first hatchlings started hatching, but that *shouldn't* be possible now. Was Incubate the last action performed on the egg?

I finally got my pairs of each variant! It seemed like that would never happen, to be honest, because I was locked with thingsI couldn't throw away during the release and also didn't realise that it would be close to impossible to find these later. Now I'm just hoping I've done everything right and "enjoying" the uncertainty. Oh well, we'll see... when they hatch!

They are such an interesting breed, though!

Edited by Varislapsi

28 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

When did this one hatch? There was apparently a glitch when the first hatchlings started hatching, but that *shouldn't* be possible now. Was Incubate the last action performed on the egg?

The same time 3 others hatched, all had Incubate on them, and 1 hatched pink.They were caught several hours after they released. And yes, I performed no other action on them.

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

We have no way to know that. Don't be pessimistic.

But we do know that new release eggs come more often right after the release.  After a few weeks or less, they are almost never seen.

I have become aware that even previously common eggs hardly appear, due to the much larger number of dragons overall.  While I like new releases, as a rule, there is simply no way to get around the math.  

Edit:  Probably, it's just me.  I do see commons when I don't want them.

Edited by daba555

On 26.01.2021 at 4:39 PM, TailedThief said:

it'll take 1-2 days before I'll see the results but I'm testing out teleport, to see if they turn orange.

OA1Rs - I had a friend get the egg from me via teleport and then have them teleport it back to me with their Magi.

Edit: turned orange OA1Rs.gif.c13777924bb77c93d9390c4e2d105c8a.gif

0WbWH - Used teleport on it, canceled said teleport (this was a mistake but oh well). Then used incubate on it. Then I used a teleport on it, but did not cancel and wil keep the private trade up right until the egg hatches.

Edit: turned red 0WbWH.gif.2fdfdc4433ee7846792f7a87fc166f6c.gif

My two eggs hatched and I updated my post with the result. The incomplete teleport did not take effect.

5 hours ago, acm1923 said:

I am curious how the market will work with this breed, since you can't trade market eggs, how will the orange color be acquired...  🤔

I would guess that no market egg will ever turn orange.

I think I've seen one AP Cantormaris egg this whole time, and maybe three or four Nobleshields. All you folks are quick! XD In the cave, I'm usually seeing (and missing) one or two of them per five-minute drop; for contrast, I've seen a total of two Xenowyrms in the cave in the same amount of time. Still guessing they will turn out uncommon rather than rare, and almost certainly not Staterae-tier rare; those were filtered out much faster. As for mine, the two I precogged last hatched blue as theorized here, and I finally got a third! For me, even hunting hard-to-get eggs is a nice distraction from offline things.

I love the Nobleshield adults so much and will be collecting them eventually. The Cantormaris adults are very striking and I can tell they're going to grow on me. Good luck out there, everyone!

51 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I would guess that no market egg will ever turn orange.

I think best case scenario is that we get 4 new market eggs, one for each breed.

So like:

Spoiler

January 2021 lure egg.gif Sophos Cantormaris Dragon, [shard quantity], BUY

January 2021 lure egg.gif Itus Cantormaris Dragon, [shard quantity], BUY

January 2021 lure egg.gif Iratus Cantormaris Dragon, [shard quantity], BUY

January 2021 lure egg.gif Mundus Cantormaris Dragon, [shard quantity], BUY

Would get us over the obstacle of obtaining Itus dragons for those playing in singleplayer mode.

In other news, I managed to reach a pair of each Canto dragon by trading. I do hope they don''t become expensive in the market because I can't imagine doing it again.

Edited by lovecats99

Not to throw a spanner in the colour works... and it's too soon for any kind of answer on this, but... will the offspring default to pink or to a parent's colour? ;)