TJ09

2020-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

Every time I complete the rune puzzle, it says "something went wrong" and I have to go back to the beginning of the rune puzzle. 

6 minutes ago, Toyo said:

Every time I complete the rune puzzle, it says "something went wrong" and I have to go back to the beginning of the rune puzzle. 

This is the same case with me, anyone have any inputs?

46 minutes ago, wobster109 said:

@purplehazeyou’re missing one from the first year 😁

Really? How did I not know that? Well, I should be able to get it this year, since I am almost done with this year.

Edit: And in fact I did just get it! It was a little tiny piece of pie that I almost missed on the cave page! Apparently the one I got before it was the last one for this year, as I now have 50 there.

Edited by purplehaze

I'm stuck on the manna orb. I can't understand the orange dots on the puzzle where it shows me what pattern I've tried. They don't seem to line up and they are over each other or beside each other when I did two light orbs. Help please! Got the other first round of puzzles done though. 

Edit: nevermind I got it

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

So far I've only done the maze puzzle, today I'm going to move forward! Really enjoying this event, but the trick or treats are my favorite part! Halloween is my favorite holiday, and I've been playing DC so long that my holidays don't feel complete without it lol.

I just got the rose in the jar icon! I think that's my favorite so far! Though the cats and candy corn are close runner ups!

Edited by Aniia

I guess I am resigning myself to missing the badge for this year. I think it is very unfair to require us to finish this year to get it. It has never been that way before. And I will simply not be able to finish it. And the badge does say "for participating" not "for completing". I have participated. :(

4 hours ago, Mewtie said:

Do you already have all four runes from the temples? It sounds like you are still missing one or some, if I'm understanding you correctly.

And clicking a tile changes the entire vertical and the entire horizontal row of the tile you clicked (including the tile you clicked).

2020-10-27_11-35-57.png.4387a83073f48da83d07856c2db29411.png

Here are my ruins.  I have all four colors.  The only tiles that change are on the far right vertical.  When I click one of those the adjoining horizontal row will also change.   The tiles also change if I click my cursor while it is to the right about 1/2" from the far right vertical row also changing the adjoining horizontal row.  I can't turn the tiles individually.

1 hour ago, wobster109 said:

You recognized it! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

That one’s mine. My husband loves them! We get them from Starbucks every Friday morning. It’s our tradition. 😊

Yay I got it right!! It's not my favorite flavor but it's a very cute treat!! Thank you!!

7 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I guess I am resigning myself to missing the badge for this year. I think it is very unfair to require us to finish this year to get it. It has never been that way before. And I will simply not be able to finish it. And the badge does say "for participating" not "for completing". I have participated. :(

I totally agree with you.  I am so frustrated since the very beginning, being stuck on a map that I shouldn't have been able to access.  It was due to a tech problem.  Then in the next map I became invisible, another tech problem. Now my ruin tiles are adding to that on going frustration.  I am ready to just give up.  I most certainly earned a badge! I participated :(

The second time through the cauldron puzzle, is there a confirmation message when you've done it right?

I've done it a couple times with the order given on the wiki, and nothing happens.

EDIT There was indeed a confirmation message. Don't know why it didn't work the earlier times but I eventually got it.

Edited by Laura-Borealis

Okay, so I experienced an interesting glitch. The first trick-or-treat item from 2014 I found didn't show up in my basket immediately after I grabbed it. When I found my second 2014 treat both appeared along with the year divider. Things seem to be working fine now, so no big deal - just briefly disconcerting.

As for this year's treats, my favourites are the frog butterfly (froggerfly?), the poltergeist-wardrobe, and the ammonite fossil.

When I got the "Something went wrong" screen, I switched my web browser and it worked. I kept getting it whenever I tried to read any potion recipe scraps, but on nothing else.

1 hour ago, Toyo said:

I have the same. What now? :(

Just now, Nyxity said:

When I got the "Something went wrong" screen, I switched my web browser and it worked. I kept getting it whenever I tried to read any potion recipe scraps, but on nothing else.

I try!

Edited by Elestren

You could try clearing your cache... *Shrugs* I don't know if that will do anything, but that would always be the best bet if changing browsers didn't work.

Do we have a list of how many treats were there each year? Now that my collection for this season is complete, I keep getting 2017 ones. Does this mean I have most of the rest? 

Another question. Do vampire eggs drop at the Halloween biome? Is there a chance to get a real CB vampire? That one's still on my wishlist of unobtainable beasts. 

1 minute ago, Darth Krande said:

Do we have a list of how many treats were there each year? Now that my collection for this season is complete, I keep getting 2017 ones. Does this mean I have most of the rest? 

Here's how many:

https://dragcave.net/trickortreat/Lagie

And no, vampires do not drop.

Yeah, vampires don't drop. At least we can still make CB vampires, just not originals that are unbitten. Maybe someday!

9 minutes ago, Nyxity said:

You could try clearing your cache... *Shrugs* I don't know if that will do anything, but that would always be the best bet if changing browsers didn't work.

Unfortunately,
Microsoft Edge, Mi Browser -
doesn't work

Cleaning cookies and history, too.

Oh well XD

Edited by Elestren

16 minutes ago, Kakaru_of_DOOM said:

Okay, so I experienced an interesting glitch. The first trick-or-treat item from 2014 I found didn't show up in my basket immediately after I grabbed it.

Same happened to me with the one I was missing. I clicked on it, but when it took me to the T or T page the treat didn't show up there. I refreshed the page and it appeared.

20 minutes ago, Pinch of StarDust said:

2020-10-27_11-35-57.png.4387a83073f48da83d07856c2db29411.png

Here are my ruins.  I have all four colors.  The only tiles that change are on the far right vertical.  When I click one of those the adjoining horizontal row will also change.   The tiles also change if I click my cursor while it is to the right about 1/2" from the far right vertical row also changing the adjoining horizontal row.  I can't turn the tiles individually.

It is normal that tiles don't change individually when clicked, it's always the entire vertical and horizontal row that changes. But if you have all runes and only the rightmost row is clickable, it doesn't seem to work as intended. Have you tried a hard refresh or clearing your cache, and are you using the most recent version of your browser?