TJ09

2020-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

Keep getting the "Something went wrong" error after the ruin puzzle.

I've tried Firefox, Chrome and Edge. Cleared cache in each. Nothing.

Trying my cell to see if its any different. If anyone has any other suggestions to bypass the error, please let me know.

edit: mobile has error too. -_-

Edited by jesterboohoo
update

1 hour ago, Toyo said:

Every time I complete the rune puzzle, it says "something went wrong" and I have to go back to the beginning of the rune puzzle. 

I have the same problem. Switching browser doesn't work. 

Is the site completely locking up for anyone else? It takes 5 minutes to load even tiny pages...

4 minutes ago, jesterboohoo said:

Keep getting the "Something went wrong" error after the ruin puzzle.

I've tried Firefox, Chrome and Edge. Cleared cache in each. Nothing.

Trying my cell to see if its any different. If anyone has any other suggestions to bypass the error, please let me know.

I have no idea.
I asked my friend. She tried on her computer on my account - nothing.

Browser change - nope.
Cleaning cookies - nope.

I think it's maybe worse bug? And, maybe, we must wait? 

1 minute ago, Elestren said:

I have no idea.
I asked my friend. She tried on her computer on my account - nothing.

Browser change - nope.
Cleaning cookies - nope.

I think it's maybe worse bug? And, maybe, we must wait? 

Guess so. Unless there's something else we're missing. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. In the meantime, off to collect more treats.

6 minutes ago, Morphie said:

Wait, so than how do others get vampires if they don't already have one?

Vampires can bite other eggs to create Vampire eggs. You can have a Vampire that looks like a CB Vampire, except for the "bitten by" note at the bottom. https://dragcave.net/view/Threm

Finally worked out the rune puzzle after a good half hour, and it gave the "something went wrong" message. AaaAAAA. And now I have to do it again.

edit: Mobile also gave same message. Had to look up the solution because I don't have time to keep working it out. Chrome on PC repeated the message after 3 further tries. Hope there's some solution to this, as it seems to be an issue unrelated to the browser.

Edited by Ashywolf

issue of lag is better. someone must be working on it because the background graphics have all vanished.

27 minutes ago, banban007 said:

I have the same problem. Switching browser doesn't work. 

And the same with me. As said, kinda frustrating, I do not want to redo the friendsmaze ever again as I am not nimble and quick nor is my laptop. Please can this glitch be overcome?

I had the "Something went wrong" message a couple of times and had to redo some puzzles (maze and orbs 3 times, cauldron twice). My explanation was that I hadn't done them in the correct order. When I did them again, I tried to do them in order of appearance (from left to right behind those four doors). Not sure if that was really the intended solution, but after that the problem disappeared. Fortunately, I didn't have to redo the runes puzzle, that would have been annoying.

ETA: For those who are wondering whether they got all treats from a particular year, there is a T & T page on the Wiki: https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Trick_or_Treat.

Edited by walkinslow

I finally finished and it was thoroughly enjoyable! Many thanks to the writers, artists and coders who put the adventure together. :wub:

I named my character Evie for the protagonist of The Mummy, because of the desert setting and the ruins. 

It would be great if after the event, clicking the 2020 Halloween badge would take us to the museum! Just saying. ^_^

Every time I complete the rune puzzle for the door, after I get the following text box, the screen goes to black and says "Something went wrong."

I can't progress... :(

Also, anyone have any guess for the new Halloween Dragon?

23 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Every time I complete the rune puzzle for the door, after I get the following text box, the screen goes to black and says "Something went wrong."

I do have the same problem, I can't finish the game because of "Something went wrong"

2 hours ago, Mewtie said:

It is normal that tiles don't change individually when clicked, it's always the entire vertical and horizontal row that changes. But if you have all runes and only the rightmost row is clickable, it doesn't seem to work as intended. Have you tried a hard refresh or clearing your cache, and are you using the most recent version of your browser?

Thank you Mewtie :D   I got all orange then the screen went black and "something went wrong" printed across it....now what?

13 minutes ago, Shajana said:

I do have the same problem, I can't finish the game because of "Something went wrong"

Me too

Try and do the puzzles in a different order. In my case, the problem went away after that. IIRC, I succeeded with doors - cauldron - maze - orbs in the first round and cauldron - maze - doors - orbs in the second. I had a blackscreen after doing orbs first, so I kept it for last.

I just completed the rune puzzle and like many others, only got a "Something went wrong." error. I don't know if doing temples in a certain order matters, but I did them in order from left to right.

Everyone getting the 'something went wrong' after the rune puzzle, maybe make a (new!) thread in Help? Just saying, it might get noticed faster if there is a specific Help thread about it.

1 hour ago, Shokomon said:

I don't now, what was  happens but now I can go to the next step :)

58 minutes ago, Shajana said:

54 minutes ago, Pinch of StarDust said:

Thank you Mewtie :D   I got all orange then the screen went black and "something went wrong" printed across it....now what?

44 minutes ago, Laura-Lana said:

Me too

29 minutes ago, Gremlins_Hotel said:

I just completed the rune puzzle and like many others, only got a "Something went wrong." error. I don't know if doing temples in a certain order matters, but I did them in order from left to right.

30 minutes ago, walkinslow said:

Try and do the puzzles in a different order. In my case, the problem went away after that. IIRC, I succeeded with doors - cauldron - maze - orbs in the first round and cauldron - maze - doors - orbs in the second. I had a blackscreen after doing orbs first, so I kept it for last.

I actually got bored and redid all the puzzles again (except for the cauldron because it was already solved), and then redid the rune puzzle, and IT OPENED! 

I didn't have to change the order I did them in though. I just had to redo them.

So redo the puzzles! ..again.