TJ09

2020-09-22 - September Dragon Release

Ok ok ok. Ok. Yeah, ok. Yeah, the equinox is my new fav and I need an army of them. LEG FLUFF!

The Mistra are beautiful too, I will need to do a breeding project with them. 

Thank you spriters and TJ!

When I saw the name of the Mistra dragons, it suddenly reminded me of the Mistral winds in France.

Edited by Cthulhu

26 minutes ago, Cthulhu said:

When I saw the name of the Mistra dragons, it suddenly reminded me of the Mistral winds in France.

I keep doing that, too! Calling them Mistrals rather than Mistras.

9 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

*chuckles* Sure thing, plain English ...

...Is any of this and the subsequent commentary on what I said necessary? 'Equinox' comes from Latin, but it's a "plain English" word as in, the average English speaker likely understands it. Some might not be sure of the meaning, but they can look it up in a regular plain ol' English dictionary and see what it means, without having to pull apart its components or use an online translator from English to Latin, unlike Sapo dragons for instance, where "sapo" means soap in Latin but many wouldn't know that without investigating. It's a bit of a moot point anyway when my other examples included Seasonals and Guardians, which are also both plain old English words these days, but both come from Old French 😛 All I was trying to do was praise that it (and the art, as someone else pointed out!) give the Equinoxes an "immediately understood" old school vibe that I'm really appreciating and feel comfortable with during stressful times lately.

I also thought there was something different about the Mistras, and have found it interesting to see other people point them out, but once things leave Dragon Requests I can't remember their precise details anymore, which I suppose is the point 😅 I think they look beautiful now though, regardless! Both these dragons are a lot of fun, thank you to the creators!

I really love how pretty Mistras look in the lineage view, the highlighting colors work so well for visibility - can't wait to do start some lineages with them!

I think the mistras are the first breed I actually remember from the dragon requests. :D Although, just the concept, generally, as I don't really follow any topics regularly but just take a look every now and then. And oh how I love them!

I really love the Equinox, the egg literally looks like it has gold leaf on it! How do with pixels!

This may have been answered but are the Equinox's going to be a limited time thing like the seasonals? As in you only get them till Winter Solstice and then have to wait till Either Spring Equinox or next Fall?

Edit: Ok, so it seems as if nothing has been confirmed, and thats all I really wanted to know. Thanks guy! Guess we'll have to wait and see. 😁

Edited by blackdragonqueen

Oh, both of these are GORGEOUS 😍Can't wait to start collecting them!!!! Thank you to everyone for the amazing lovely release!

10 hours ago, Silverwatermist said:

...Is any of this and the subsequent commentary on what I said necessary? 'Equinox' comes from Latin, but it's a "plain English" word as in, the average English speaker likely understands it. Some might not be sure of the meaning, but they can look it up in a regular plain ol' English dictionary and see what it means, without having to pull apart its components or use an online translator from English to Latin, unlike Sapo dragons for instance, where "sapo" means soap in Latin but many wouldn't know that without investigating. It's a bit of a moot point anyway when my other examples included Seasonals and Guardians, which are also both plain old English words these days, but both come from Old French 😛 All I was trying to do was praise that it (and the art, as someone else pointed out!) give the Equinoxes an "immediately understood" old school vibe that I'm really appreciating and feel comfortable with during stressful times lately.

I don't think it was meant as crit of what you said - just fleshing out. But I am surprised that so many people don't actually seem to know the word equinox. I think that's where the "discussion" came from - and it's sad - it is indeed a perfectly ordinary English word. But if you don't know that it is - you wouldn't think to use a dictionary. JUst as you woudln't thinkl to for - say - Aranoa or Blusang.

14 hours ago, Syiren said:

I am curious as to the type of call the Mistra dragons give out, but to me they'll always sound like this: a beautiful symphony of mystery, grace and power.

I think they sound like bellbirds.... or whip birds.  

1 minute ago, Moiken said:

Oh.. never been so late to a release... Do they still drop more or less frequently?

I still see them frequently and to me they seem easy to catch.

The TJ God has performed his magic on his own dragons, I see! XD We now have two males/females of the mistras and hatchies of both dragons.

10 hours ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

I absolutely adore this years releases. Thank you TJ and spriters! ❤️ Looking forward to Halloween

I said the same yesterday.  Amazing releases this year.  I'm nearing my 3-year magi-versary, and this has been the best year yet, many of my favorite sprites are from this year.

24 minutes ago, Lagie said:

The TJ God has performed his magic on his own dragons, I see! XD We now have two males/females of the mistras and hatchies of both dragons.

Oh! I didn't realise mistras would be a hermaphrodite breed. XD

I'm pretty sure they only change gender under certain conditions, which most users have no way to trigger.  :D

I'm definitely going to try mistra x cloudplume.  They both look fluffy and live in groups.

Spoiler

lin-mistra-cloudplume.png.5154fab570095e085108e9ee30f91304.png

And I got really excited when I saw the Equinox adults because I've been thinking about mates for Halloween dragons, and Equinox dragons look to me like the perfect complement to Arcana dragons.

Spoiler

lin-arcana-equinox.png.97f340c9953415370ab87b8aba493359.png

Actually, Equinox dragons would probably be great for breeding with any normal dragon that anyone has ever wished to breed Vremya Drakes to.  Vremya x Equinox isn't possible, of course, but I mocked it up so I could compare them.

Spoiler

lin-impossible-vremya-equinox.png.e4fef8cd094b490bf8c8ec0302e14b32.png

So many pretty options for these new dragons!

Edited by Pilauli

9 minutes ago, Pilauli said:

I'm pretty sure they only change gender under certain conditions, which most users have no way to trigger.  :D

Yep. TJ magic. He can do anything he likes with his dragons. :P

16 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I think they sound like bellbirds.... or whip birds.  

lol, why did I just picture the little hatchlings running around playing and making these cute chirp calls. it also reminded me of those little flying dinosaurs in the land before time fighting over that single berry.