TJ09

2020-09-22 - September Dragon Release

11 hours ago, schmupti said:

Equinoxes have no 'type' in their Encyclopedia entry - just 'Dragon'.

Is that intentional, or...?

I was wondering that, too!

I really like these new dragons. Love the look of the Equinoxes. Same with the Mistras.  This is probably the first dimorphic dragon where I don't have a preference between the male and female sprites

11 hours ago, schmupti said:

Equinoxes have no 'type' in their Encyclopedia entry - just 'Dragon'.

Is that intentional, or...?

considering their species relies heavily on the changing of the seasons and nature, I'd say it'd be either earth or life. That's just my guess anyway.

I love both Mistra sprites, but I gotta admit, the male really sticks out to me. The blue and green are in perfect harmony.

Actually its the morphology that's missing. I kinda dig it since they're really winged easterns imo. (Both are really, I don't look at them and think 'thats a western') the element is Light/Time.

Anyway does anyone remember the conceptor behind the Mistras? If they've said something in here I've missed it oops.

Ooh, I've just noticed, the mistra has a completely different hatching sequence. Very cool!

19 hours ago, Tinibree said:

Actually its the morphology that's missing. I kinda dig it since they're really winged easterns imo. (Both are really, I don't look at them and think 'thats a western') the element is Light/Time.

Oh, the antlers and whiskers and ruff and slinkitude definitely nail them as Easterns. I thought lorewise, wings weren't a 'never' thing for Easterns, just an uncommon thing - that DC simply hadn't 'discovered' any winged Easterns yet.

But I'd rather ask and be sure, y'know?

1 hour ago, schmupti said:

Oh, the antlers and whiskers and ruff and slinkitude definitely nail them as Easterns. I thought lorewise, wings weren't a 'never' thing for Easterns, just an uncommon thing - that DC simply hadn't 'discovered' any winged Easterns yet.

IIRC, the creators of Radiant Angels confirmed they're supposed to be "winged" easterns, but because of DC's morphology lore/consistency they're listed as Westerns.

EDIT: Thanks, Shokomon, for the added info about Gilded Bloodscales as well! :)

Edited by Paintra

3 minutes ago, Paintra said:

IIRC, the creator of Radiant Angels confirmed they're supposed to be "winged" easterns, but because of DC's morphology lore/consistency they're listed as Westerns.

Glided Bloodscales are in a similar boat as well per the artist. 

Well, that doesn't seem fair - the stocky boys get Western and Wingless, the legless boys get winged and wingless, the two-legged boys get front or back, but the slinky boys get Eastern and NOPE?

C'mon, DC.

MAYBE the equinoxes change with each equinox.... Including morphology ?

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

MAYBE the equinoxes change with each equinox.... Including morphology ?

If that's true, we won't know until next March.

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I know - awful, isn't it....

It is!

*stares into the abyss*

Is this what waiting for Seasonals felt like??

1 hour ago, Syiren said:

I couldn't find the topics for the breeding projects for these dragons, but boy, do the Mistra's look good with these!

https://dragcave.net/lineage/ry77y

Here you go! Also an actual link: Link

And ohhhh! Elux and Mistra look nice together!

For some reason it's in site discussion...

:lol: ninjaed

Edited by Fuzzbucket

3 hours ago, Shokomon said:

It is!

*stares into the abyss*

Is this what waiting for Seasonals felt like??

Here you go! Also an actual link: Link

And ohhhh! Elux and Mistra look nice together!

sorry was playing a game with some friends. Thanks! I tried a few breeds to see which looked best and the Equinox has a LOT of potential. Neo Tropical, Summer Seasonals, Green Gemshards, Canopy, Bright-breasted wyverns, Arcana. All of which I've bred a 2G Equinox from which was auto placed into the ap for others to clam. :)

Thanks to you too @Fuzzbucket;)

Edited by Syiren

Thank-you TJ and everyone who took part in organizing, creating, promoting, and following their creative whim and artistic license to make the best we all can admire.

Does anybody have pics of what the Mistras looked like before? I recognize them from DR and it's nice to see them again; however for some reason I'm remembering them with long whiskers. I remembered the slightly translucent wings and that appears to still be true, so maybe my memory is only running 50% accuracy.