TJ09

2020-09-22 - September Dragon Release

1 minute ago, Ruby Eyes said:

And Spring Equinox, yes?

Yes very true!

Though that's assuming the current Equinox dragons are limited only to fall.

3 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Yes very true!

Though that's assuming the current Equinox dragons are limited only to fall.

Well, the description actually worries me in that regard, with talks about migration and all ...

I wonder if they'll change color at the Spring equinox.

They don't really need to, their coloration matches both spring and autumn quite well IMHO and I wouldn't necessarily want to see them eating the seasonals' lunch... 🙂

14 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Well, the description actually worries me in that regard, with talks about migration and all ...

Oof. Yeah, the description going on about how complicated their calendrical-based migrations are isn't giving me a great feeling. I get more than enough of juggling other people's schedules at work, I don't need to be simulating the sensation with a dragon adoptables game. The more precisely we have to time acquiring a breed the less I enjoy working with it, personally. But I am sure there are other players who feel just the opposite, takes all kinds!

Wow, what an amazing release, I adore both breeds! 😍

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Any Babylon 5 fans out there?

Green. Purple.

Ha! Now that you pointed that out, maybe I need to try and name some of the release date ones something Drazi-themed. Or Ivanova-themed...

And then I need to hunt down a bunch more Equinoxes, because i love their vibrant color!

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

1 hour ago, tjekan said:

Oof. Yeah, the description going on about how complicated their calendrical-based migrations are isn't giving me a great feeling. I get more than enough of juggling other people's schedules at work, I don't need to be simulating the sensation with a dragon adoptables game. The more precisely we have to time acquiring a breed the less I enjoy working with it, personally. But I am sure there are other players who feel just the opposite, takes all kinds!

[Note: The dates are based on EST or UTC - 5:00 with the help of timeanddate.com]

My actual thought was that if these are just general Equinox dragons, then we get high numbers of these guys close to the Spring (around March 20 +/- about 10 days) and Fall equinox  (Sept 20 +/- 1 0 days) while the further out you get, the less of them you see. This would make it hard to find any Equinoxes at all around the Summer and Winter Solstices (June 20/21-ish and Dec 20/21-ish).

Personally I'm more interested in the Mistra's description.... It sounds like the perfect setup for some sort of BSA! Protecting/caring for our growing things, maybe 'adopting' some of ours so we can have more room, etc. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part, lol. 

I must admit I'm a little surprised at the Mistra male, it's a completely different pose than what I remember from DR and honestly I kind of prefer the old one... But I do love them regardless.

The Equinox, LOOOOOVE! For some reason the sprite makes me think more 'old-school' dragons, with the long whiskers and antlers and puffed-out tail, and I love that. And the colors, my goodness I just love that green!

I love the new dragons, and I kinda remember the Mistras from DR, too. How they started out a little bit plain and then became iridescent. :wub: I also love how both breeds kinda have some Eastern characteristics, further blurring the line. (I mean, take away the Equinox's wings and you have an Eastern that's a little on the short/stocky side.) Both are amazingly done, and definite must-haves for my scroll.

Also, Equinox x Neotropical, Equinox x Ribbon Dancer and Equinox x Venturis ftw!

For Mistras, I'm looking at Amaltheans, Risensongs, Setsongs, Soulpeaces, Aranoas (as an alternating checker), Aqualises, Tercorns, Sunsongs, Sapos and Crystallines as mates. They are so highly compatible with a number of other breeds! :wub: 

4 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

*chuckles* Sure thing, plain English ...

I was thinking the same. :D I get "equi" in English - from equity, equivalent... but what's a nox (in English)? 😛 

Equinox dragon. I guess that explains the mid-week release.

Love both of them. Mistras maybe a bit more just because blues/purples are my faves, but both are beautiful dragons, well done, with great descriptions. Thanks to Mewtie, Dohaerys, and TCA for these lovely new dragons. And thanks to TJ for releasing them.

I guess we will have to see on the Equinox how accurate that description is. Dragon descriptions do not always reflect the actual behavior of the species.

Yup! Knew I'd love both and my hopes were realized! Finally my Neo Tropicals have a dragon that compliment their lovely scales in design! Yay! And the Mistra dragos are so sweet. When I picture their dragon song it makes me think of Lugia's call.

Timestamped for best sound.

if the timestamp fails it's right at the 40 second mark.

I am curious as to the type of call the Mistra dragons give out, but to me they'll always sound like this: a beautiful symphony of mystery, grace and power.

I'm so happy we have these dragons in our midst now. Thank you TJ and Spriters! I honestly cannot wait to start working on lineages and building my collection of both! I can't pick a fav! Their both top tier!! :D 

Edited by Syiren

59 minutes ago, olympe said:

I was thinking the same. :D I get "equi" in English - from equity, equivalent... but what's a nox (in English)? 😛 

"nox" is "night"/"darkness" in Latin and where "nocturnal" came from. Equinox would be the name for the date when the night and day are qual in length.

and the switch-off spell for Lumos in the HP movies xD

I will forever miss the former Mistra's heads, they were perfect and it's sad they got completely redone

Edited by VixenDra

3 hours ago, hamsterwoman said:

Ha! Now that you pointed that out, maybe I need to try and name some of the release date ones something Drazi-themed. Or Ivanova-themed...

:D Ivanova is God!

Happily locked with a second set!

Really like the new dragons! Especially the Equinox Dragons ❤️ 

Not gonna lie, I am the HUGE love for the Equinox Dragons. I adore the Mistras as well, don't get me wrong, but those Equinox's...🥰 Can't wait to do some lineages with these dragons!! Thanks again TJ and spriters! ❤️

Edited by Jenneta
Adding + fixing my wording

1 hour ago, VixenDra said:

"nox" is "night"/"darkness" in Latin and where "nocturnal" came from. Equinox would be the name for the date when the night and day are qual in length.

and the switch-off spell for Lumos in the HP movies xD

I will forever miss the former Mistra's heads, they were perfect and it's sad they got completely redone

I know that. I also know that (a)equi comes from Latin, too. But there is no English "nox" - which is the point I was trying to make. Unless you talk about Fort Knox - but that's somehow spelled differently. ;)

1 hour ago, VixenDra said:

Huh, I didn’t even notice a difference! If you don’t mind me asking, what changed?

Wow, these are great! I love the look of the Equinox especially... I may have to start hoarding them.

Thanks TJ and spriters!

1 hour ago, Niyaka said:

Huh, I didn’t even notice a difference! If you don’t mind me asking, what changed?

They were all redone from scratch

Short version of what I like about the new Dragons? YES.
Too tired to read the lore bits right now, but looking forward to that, it's always soo nice! Both look very good and especially the Equinox makes me happy! The colors are quite similar to the Vremya Drakes and now it's possible to finally make all the lineages that did not work with a drake. Only sad bit will be they can't mate, but hey, bestest green for drakes and dragons now!

GORGEOUS work by Mewtie as usual, the shading on those feathers is marvelous.

I love all that fluffy fur and touches of copper and gold on the Equinox. Are the markings on their flanks inspired by the phases of the moon?