Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

7 hours ago, LadyAngeliki said:

Oh I've seen that! They do end up liking some food, I love how interesting their reactions are as to how they describe the food to why they dislike it.

Would love to see the tables switched around too, what if modern day people try tribal food? :) 

Haha, yeah, it's fun to see their reactions; it's just so wholesome.

6 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Man... I was going to look something else, but... I can't remember what it was. Sighs....

2 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

It never came back! lol

hate when that happens u_u

10 hours ago, LadyAngeliki said:

Lagie I wish I could bring you to where my mom works, they need help and treat employees fairly well. Plus we could bake you all the cookies to help cheer you up ❤️

Thanks. *hugs* :wub:

10 hours ago, LadyAngeliki said:

origami club sounds fun!

Do you still supervise them at least?

No. I no longer teach. I run the thrift shop and do some admin stuff at our local animal shelter.

9 hours ago, trystan said:

and we're back home! this morning, the guy who i'm figuring was the project foreman, said we'd never know they were here

Yay! Glad that all went smoothly.

7 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

It never came back! lol

Aww.

7 hours ago, StarKaabi said:

Well, guess who just missed her SECOND CB Stat? ;u;

Ouch.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Rainy and grey. We are getting the outer bands of Hurricane Ian so it's going to be a very wet day. Not much wind, though, and the sunrise was spectacular. Purple, to bruised purple, to pink, then a light bright orange, almost making it through the clouds. Now it's just grey. :P

Sunrise:

Screenshot_20220928-075053.thumb.jpg.1d746f92c965c270d5ebc60fdc1db104.jpg

Edited by Lagie
Adding image

19 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Hope school is going well on your end! Overtime was great, i didn't feel tired until I sat down and ate dinner here at home and then it all hit me at once lol and the first shift people were so nice! I am use to there being tension between shifts but no, EVERYONE is super nice there and seem to get along well. I am in love lol

schools honestly super nice, a little heavy at the start of the week and then it evens out to almost nothing by friday unless i have an exam. its awesome.

oooh i love when im not tired until i stop, its so much easier to get through everything if im not tired midway. im so so glad it went well! so so happy for you ❤️

42 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Rainy and grey. We are getting the outer bands of Hurricane Ian so it's going to be a very wet day. Not much wind, though, and the sunrise was spectacular. Purple, to bruised purple, to pink, then a light bright orange, almost making it through the clouds. Now it's just grey. :P

Sunrise:

that is so gorgeous though… ohhhh.. where i live its so dry that we don’t get clouds super often, but when we do the sunrises and sunsets are absolutely gorgeous. my favorite part of waiting for my bus to school is watching the clouds tbh!

i have a few friends who’re getting hit by the storm, they sent some beautiful sunset photos last night. they were doing well then, and im sure that when they wake up and update the group chat they’ll be well again still.

good morning cpa!

i have some school work i ought to do today, but honestly im not feeling it. ill probably feel better once im up and moving around, always do, but sometimes you just wanna sleep forever yknow?

It is chilly here and definitely feels like fall. I have started using my sun lamp in the mornings which will hopefully help hold off some of the seasonal depression this year. My pup is happy though. It means he gets more time in the mornings to snuggle with me on the couch. 

21 hours ago, Lagie said:

Excellent, and good for you on the handling change (I don't do well with it...).

Thanks, My Therapist and Psychiatrist were both pleased to hear I handled the transition well (I've even made a friend already :3)

15 hours ago, LadyAngeliki said:

That is good, happy to hear that the job is not being physically demanding on you. Especially for your knee!

Happy to hear about you handling the change well and having a positive change too, keep up the progress. I only ever had a panic attack once and it's no fun so I am happy to hear to is being reduced for how often it occurs for you. 

Knee evaluation time? Finally :) 

Once they figure out what it is, you can finally work towards making it not hurt.

It's stormy and gloomy here but usually after hurricane season, we get a very brief hoodie season :P 

Our temperatures do not drop lower then maybe 70? XD 

Oh I've seen that! They do end up liking some food, I love how interesting their reactions are as to how they describe the food to why they dislike it.

Would love to see the tables switched around too, what if modern day people try tribal food? :) 

Thank you :3

SO, the knee. It's not too bad. I have a form of arthritis (the name escapes me at the moment), but Doc said it should be fixable. The tissues are softening, and the bones are starting to grind together, plus my kneecap is not aligned correctly anymore, so I have to do this specific stretch every day, take a steroid pill for a week for inflammation, wear the brace as needed for discomfort and try to limit stair usage/kneeling as much as possible. If it doesn't improve or gets worse in the next 2 weeks, I have to get a cortisone shot. He also wants top x-ray it to be sure there is no further damage to it, and my back (because I have scoliosis, not bad, but he wants to check that the discs haven't started degenerating).

While I was there, I had him crack/realign my spine and neck and I feel SOOOOOOO much better, and I had him check this mump on my head (he thinks is just a bruise but I'm supposed to monitor it for a week and let him know how it looks because it may be a cyst)

I have also gained a bunch of my weight back 😕 but hopefully that will correct itself soon, I'm trying to eat better and not binge snack.

2 hours ago, DraconicDetective said:

schools honestly super nice, a little heavy at the start of the week and then it evens out to almost nothing by friday unless i have an exam. its awesome.

oooh i love when im not tired until i stop, its so much easier to get through everything if im not tired midway. im so so glad it went well! so so happy for you ❤️

that is so gorgeous though… ohhhh.. where i live its so dry that we don’t get clouds super often, but when we do the sunrises and sunsets are absolutely gorgeous. my favorite part of waiting for my bus to school is watching the clouds tbh!

i have a few friends who’re getting hit by the storm, they sent some beautiful sunset photos last night. they were doing well then, and im sure that when they wake up and update the group chat they’ll be well again still.

good morning cpa!

i have some school work i ought to do today, but honestly im not feeling it. ill probably feel better once im up and moving around, always do, but sometimes you just wanna sleep forever yknow?

Nice, glad to hear it's going well!

Same, i HATE trying to push through sleepiness

That IS a beautiful sky :3

I hope your friends are doing alright and the storm passes quickly

THIS. I feel like this all the time in winter because I have Seasonal Affected Disorder (AKA S.A.D lol)

I am very tired today. I've had to wake up early all week for various things and am just so sleepy now. BUT, week's half over and then I can rest.

Oh, and they had me training our NEW new guy last night on the assembler O.o He did really well AND I learned a few things too (We had to get help a couple times because we ran into issues I haven't seen yet lol)

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

Yay! Glad that all went smoothly.

oh we are too!

when we finally move, that day (it's a thursday) we're taking the cats to the Pet Castle Resort (ooh), which is like 15 minutes from us.  the fun thing is, they'll hang out there for a day until the Pet Transport company picks them up and brings them out to us after we've made settlement on the new place, which will be the next day, friday.  as a mom (human and kitty), i hope they'll all be okay at the Pet Castle, and then all right in the van out to us.  it's a mom thing, and a me thing. i worry, it's what i do XD

also the house we're buying had an appraisal done, and it's $13,000 more than our price we've offered on it.  all i know is this is a good thing - we start off with that much already.  i'm not a business person, and while i did look "equity a home" and got a mathematical definition, i do know that having equity already is a good start.  i couldn't explain much more beyond that, other than "yay!" :)

12 minutes ago, trystan said:

when we finally move, that day (it's a thursday) we're taking the cats to the Pet Castle Resort (ooh), which is like 15 minutes from us.  the fun thing is, they'll hang out there for a day until the Pet Transport company picks them up and brings them out to us after we've made settlement on the new place, which will be the next day, friday.  as a mom (human and kitty), i hope they'll all be okay at the Pet Castle, and then all right in the van out to us.  it's a mom thing, and a me thing. i worry, it's what i do XD

Oooh, sounds fancy! I hope all goes smoothly for you all!

Same lol Ben has been a big help in reducing my anxiety/worry, but is still a thing, probably always will be lol

1 hour ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Oooh, sounds fancy! I hope all goes smoothly for you all!

oh believe me, i hope it goes smoothly too!

yeah, my hubby (Brian) has helped me with my worrying.... but i still do it.

1 hour ago, trystan said:

when we finally move, that day (it's a thursday) we're taking the cats to the Pet Castle Resort (ooh), which is like 15 minutes from us.  the fun thing is, they'll hang out there for a day until the Pet Transport company picks them up and brings them out to us after we've made settlement on the new place

Oh, I thought you were going to transport them yourself. It should go smoother this way -- for you at least.

40 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Oh, I thought you were going to transport them yourself. It should go smoother this way -- for you at least.

that was one of the possibilities, if renting the house from the seller for the week before settlement was possible.  but that's not usually a thing, so we got the pet transporter. 

yeah, the cats might not be happy with us for a little bit.

Pet Castle Resort XD Fancy schmancy.

Florida's being pounded. :(

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

It does sound bad. I was in a meeting this morning with several people who have friends or relatives in that target area and they are quite concerned!

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

Pet Castle Resort XD Fancy schmancy.

pretty sure the cats won't think so... XD 

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

It does sound bad. I was in a meeting this morning with several people who have friends or relatives in that target area and they are quite concerned!

Me, too. There's some jawdropping footage of the storm surge coming in at Naples.

https://www.facebook.com/msnbc/videos/775590217051479/

That is just incredible. Hard to conceive of the sheer power of that surge.

Yikes. Hopefully everything works out okay down in Florida. :(

I’m not super close to there, although still close enough to where I wonder if I’ll be seeing any fallout from Ian here in my state. Then again, I’m not sure how I’d tell. The skies are usually grey here anyway, no matter what time of year it is, except ironically in December where it gets super bright and blue. XD

1 minute ago, StarKaabi said:

still close enough to where I wonder if I’ll be seeing any fallout from Ian here in my state.

so i'm up in PA, and we have rain in our forecast from Friday night through Sunday from Ian.  just rain though, no wind.  i do have an event that i reserved time off for, over in New Jersey, but the other day i decided i wasn't going to go (mainly because i want to see about my second booster for covid friday afternoon).... and so now there's a possibility of it being rained out anyway :blink:

if the booster does make me feel like !@#$%^&, at least i'm not doing anything the next day then. figure get the booster now, before i start packing in earnest, and so that's one more thing off my list before we move. :D 

11 minutes ago, trystan said:

so i'm up in PA, and we have rain in our forecast from Friday night through Sunday from Ian. 

Same for us here in MD.

So much to reply to, I will give a quick update though.

Where I am, we are only getting hit by rain.

Mid Florida is ok but we are watching for any flooding. A hurricane this big can be a concern for that and floods do allot of damage.

I know for certain South Florida got hit really bad and North East/West Florida are preparing for this hurricane. 

Hurricane Ian really decided to just go south then north and somehow avoid the middle while doing it which threw us for a loop because we were expecting to get hit too.

For the most part everyone is okay. My friends who are experiencing hurricanes for the first time ever are panicking and I'm over here like: "let's go get the kayaks." XD

Hope everyone is sleeping well/having a good day, I might send a longer essay reply later tonight o/

I'm in GA, and it's gonna hit us with rain over the weekend, but I've been checking twitter for updates and the like. I hope everyone is okay. 

10 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

*wishing all of you to stay safe*

*sigh* I need to get productive

I read your first line, then my brain filled in the second as 'I need to get protective.' XD Silly brain.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brrownies, and toast with marula jelly*

Rainy and grey. We're still getting outer band stuff from Ian. But... yesterday ended up sunny and bright so who knows what today will do.

Stay safe, all of you!

Now I'm hearing that we're getting wind on the weekend, but yeah... I'm not sure about all the things. 

On 9/27/2022 at 10:46 PM, trystan said:

i know, isn't it? :P 

yep, i have a chromebook laptop, so i use chrome there.  also my phone is an android, and i do still use the google assistant, so there's that.  i'm totally being tracked. XD 

yes, it actually is. :) 

and we're back home! this morning, the guy who i'm figuring was the project foreman, said we'd never know they were here....and he's right!  there's a few places where the floor kinda didn't go back quite right, but we're all good.  they do still have some finishing up outside, and it needs to be certified by the township and the county. yay..  and then we've having the heater system inspection AND the electrical inspection thursday.  the buyer pays for those, and our realtor has said that if there's anything that needs to be done, the buyer will also be paying for that too.  and once those inspections pass, the buyer gets his U&O (Use&Occupancy), which means it's safe for him to move in at settlement.  and THEN is when i'll start transferring things over and telling places we're moving.

On 9/28/2022 at 12:04 AM, AsymDoll13 said:

It never came back! lol

A comforting saying we have for that is, that thought has flown free and become it's own.

Meaning it's no longer yours to worry over, it has become it's own to worry for itself. 

On 9/28/2022 at 12:06 AM, StarKaabi said:

Well, guess who just missed her SECOND CB Stat? ;u;

It’s not a huge deal because I still just want one to trade for NDs, which I am now fully capable of making myself, but it still HURTS

I remember missing the chicken egg twice in a row before finally catching one a year later... 

You will get one, just keep faith :) 

On 9/28/2022 at 3:01 AM, WaterScorpion said:

Haha, yeah, it's fun to see their reactions; it's just so wholesome.

Agreed ❤️ 

On 9/28/2022 at 7:42 AM, Lagie said:

Thanks. *hugs* :wub:

No. I no longer teach. I run the thrift shop and do some admin stuff at our local animal shelter.

Sunrise:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20220928-075053.thumb.jpg.1d746f92c965c270d5ebc60fdc1db104.jpg

No problem Lagie ❤️

Awh I love animals, now I really wish some more of those employees or volunteers would show up to help you.

They deserve to be cared for and you and the employees deserve to be considered and given help whenever one can :) 

Grey and rainy yes.. But that sunrise! :wub:

On 9/28/2022 at 8:24 AM, DraconicDetective said:

where i live its so dry that we don’t get clouds super often, but when we do the sunrises and sunsets are absolutely gorgeous. my favorite part of waiting for my bus to school is watching the clouds tbh!

One thing I do miss about being a teen is learning things in school. You'd think you won't miss it, then you go ten years without and man I miss learning new stuff.

Just the experience of learning in it of itself is what I miss. Happy to hear the experience is going well for you ^^

I love watching clouds too, and the sunrise and sunsets :wub:

Did they send an update yet? I hope they are all alright, that storm was keeping me up and I am no where near the eye.

On 9/28/2022 at 8:24 AM, DraconicDetective said:

I can relate to this :) 

On 9/28/2022 at 8:33 AM, BringsTheSnow said:

It is chilly here and definitely feels like fall. I have started using my sun lamp in the mornings which will hopefully help hold off some of the seasonal depression this year. My pup is happy though. It means he gets more time in the mornings to snuggle with me on the couch. 

Awh puppy snuggles :) Those are honestly the best and are believed to be the cure to any and all depression :P 

I'm excited to visit my family up north and feel the chilly weather, it's a nice change from the constant humidity and sunshine I experience year round down south Florida.

On 9/28/2022 at 11:05 AM, IzzyCat91 said:

Thanks, My Therapist and Psychiatrist were both pleased to hear I handled the transition well (I've even made a friend already :3)

Thank you :3

SO, the knee. It's not too bad. I have a form of arthritis (the name escapes me at the moment), but Doc said it should be fixable. The tissues are softening, and the bones are starting to grind together, plus my kneecap is not aligned correctly anymore, so I have to do this specific stretch every day, take a steroid pill for a week for inflammation, wear the brace as needed for discomfort and try to limit stair usage/kneeling as much as possible. If it doesn't improve or gets worse in the next 2 weeks, I have to get a cortisone shot. He also wants top x-ray it to be sure there is no further damage to it, and my back (because I have scoliosis, not bad, but he wants to check that the discs haven't started degenerating).

While I was there, I had him crack/realign my spine and neck and I feel SOOOOOOO much better, and I had him check this mump on my head (he thinks is just a bruise but I'm supposed to monitor it for a week and let him know how it looks because it may be a cyst)

I have also gained a bunch of my weight back 😕 but hopefully that will correct itself soon, I'm trying to eat better and not binge snack.

I am very tired today. I've had to wake up early all week for various things and am just so sleepy now. BUT, week's half over and then I can rest.

Oh, and they had me training our NEW new guy last night on the assembler O.o He did really well AND I learned a few things too (We had to get help a couple times because we ran into issues I haven't seen yet lol)

Awh making friends are truly one of the joys in life, I'm happy for you also :3

Arthritis,.. That is horrible.

The top x-ray sounds like a good idea just to be certain but it needs to be done soon so that treatment can be done as soon as it can be.

Waiting isn't really a good idea when it comes to health.

I will be praying that your knees go through a good recovery ❤️

Realigned back/spine cracks are the best :wub:

I am going to hope the mump is just a bruise too, cyst are no fun.

Yay to weight gain coming back! Something that I find helps with not binge eating is to eat more filling snacks.

Apples and peanut butter, nuts and cranberries, a granola bar, some bread with banana peanut butter and honey...

These snacks have helped me through allot of avoiding to not binge eat, because they satisfy the craving.

Lol new issues do tend to do that XD

But I bet it was a good learning experience for the new employee ^^

On 9/28/2022 at 11:29 AM, trystan said:

oh we are too!

also the house we're buying had an appraisal done, and it's $13,000 more than our price we've offered on it.  all i know is this is a good thing - we start off with that much already.  i'm not a business person, and while i did look "equity a home" and got a mathematical definition, i do know that having equity already is a good start.  i couldn't explain much more beyond that, other than "yay!" :)

Relatable on worrying XD

The moving company sounds very convenient but I hope the cats think so too.

Same! I wouldn't be able to explain what equity is, just that having a high amount is a good thing and is indeed a "yay!" :)

Happy you're home will give you a profit of money in the end, may it bless whoever moves in and may you be blessed wherever you move to ❤️ 

On 9/28/2022 at 1:14 PM, trystan said:

oh believe me, i hope it goes smoothly too!

yeah, my hubby (Brian) has helped me with my worrying.... but i still do it.

Trystan I relate so much here.

Whenever I worry, I go to my fiancé (Carlos/junior.)

He has been so caring, compassionate, understanding and a really good listener.

It helps to know you are heard, even if nothing can really be done.

On 9/28/2022 at 2:09 PM, trystan said:

that was one of the possibilities, if renting the house from the seller for the week before settlement was possible.  but that's not usually a thing, so we got the pet transporter. 

yeah, the cats might not be happy with us for a little bit.

I'd get them allot of treats before moving into the new house, might help them settle down.

Oh and definitely have the cat beds and such set up, maybe with some cat nip to make up for the hassle of moving?

Or maybe their favorite tuna? Do all cats like tuna? Their favorite treat should do the trick :P 

And play time.. Lots of play time :) 

On 9/28/2022 at 4:06 PM, Lagie said:

It is near North Florida now, we can finally walk the puppy again :) 

21 hours ago, Lagie said:

Me, too. There's some jawdropping footage of the storm surge coming in at Naples.

https://www.facebook.com/msnbc/videos/775590217051479/

Oh my goodness! I knew it was bad but not *that* bad!

I hope everyone made it through alright.

21 hours ago, purplehaze said:

That is just incredible. Hard to conceive of the sheer power of that surge.

I live in the state of that surge and see the damage physically first hand and it is still difficult to process that damage...

All that damage was from that storm! 

21 hours ago, StarKaabi said:

Yikes. Hopefully everything works out okay down in Florida. :(

I’m not super close to there, although still close enough to where I wonder if I’ll be seeing any fallout from Ian here in my state. Then again, I’m not sure how I’d tell. The skies are usually grey here anyway, no matter what time of year it is, except ironically in December where it gets super bright and blue. XD

Well, it is expected that the rainy bands of the storm will get to the up North states sometime today or Friday.

Just be on the look out for anything that looks like rain and have back up plans to go inside. 

Oh and, some warm soup always helps. :) 

21 hours ago, trystan said:

so i'm up in PA, and we have rain in our forecast from Friday night through Sunday from Ian.  just rain though, no wind.  i do have an event that i reserved time off for, over in New Jersey, but the other day i decided i wasn't going to go (mainly because i want to see about my second booster for covid friday afternoon).... and so now there's a possibility of it being rained out anyway :blink:

if the booster does make me feel like !@#$%^&, at least i'm not doing anything the next day then. figure get the booster now, before i start packing in earnest, and so that's one more thing off my list before we move. :D 

Yea, I'd still advise you to not go outside. Depending on how much rain it is, driving will be a safety concern. That and, wind dose tend to be more dangerous up in the North states because it can pick things up off the streets and might hit someone. Please be careful. The shot can always wait. o/

19 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

*wishing all of you to stay safe*

*sigh* I need to get productive

I agree. Hoping everyone is safe and...

I need to stop procrastinating and do what needs to get done.

Rain makes one so sleepy though XD 

There we go, another essay done :) 

My day has been all sleep, peanut butter and bananas, puppy cuddles and walks and oh right!

Dad's birthday yesterday with a delicious chocolate cake ❤️

*passes out some cake slices to everyone who'd like one*

It's not gluten free this time but, here is some cookies for everyone else ^^

*hands out homemade Greek honey cookies gluten free and low sugar (honey instead of cane sugar)*

Still need to write up my dad's birthday card, build a orchid flower on minecraft, level to 170 on maplestory :P , and....

and... practice that hymn for church on Sunday! :) OH and post my eggs on the dragon sites! XD 

So much to do so no time for sleeping XD 

Edited by LadyAngeliki
almost forgot that thing on my to do list :P