Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

6 hours ago, trystan said:

any idea when the roadworks will be completed??

Eight more weeks... minimum...

16 minutes ago, WaterScorpion said:

Coincidentally, actually am trying to do some laundry today.

I managed to get the towels done. ;) It was perfect towel-drying weather. Bright, sunny, crisp breeze.

Toppage, page 816! B)

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!

18 minutes ago, WaterScorpion said:

ick, geez. yeah, hope everything gets wrapped up fairly quickly so you can enjoy some peace.

i think that will be after we finally make settlement on the new place!

3 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Eight more weeks... minimum...

oh... yikes!

Just now, trystan said:

oh... yikes!

Indeed. The real kicker was the guy in charge of the project who said something to the effect of it would be finished in time for the start of school in November. Schools in this country go back the week before your Labour Day, as in end of Aug/start of Sept., not November. Doofus. The announcement in the paper before it all started had the project end date as September 10th but that was scrapped early on.

1 minute ago, Lagie said:

Indeed. The real kicker was the guy in charge of the project who said something to the effect of it would be finished in time for the start of school in November. Schools in this country go back the week before your Labour Day, as in end of Aug/start of Sept., not November. Doofus. The announcement in the paper before it all started had the project end date as September 10th but that was scrapped early on.

i'm sorry but that's really kinda funny. XD 

59 minutes ago, trystan said:

i'm sorry but that's really kinda funny. XD 

It is. Clearly he doesn't have school age kids.

Hmm...

Screenshot_20220921-215726.thumb.jpg.c55ba96ffe0ae632ebe4aa411c7b0ee6.jpg

I will be keeping mine on.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

It is. Clearly he doesn't have school age kids.

it would seem not.

actually, a LOT of schools around here, as well as colleges, tend to start that week before Labor Day now.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

I will be keeping mine on.

We have very few mask mandates left here, except in most medical facilities, but I also am keeping mine on. Often I am the only one wearing one, but I don't care.

I did not get all of my cleaning done today, but I did get some work done outside. Our lawn guy left rather a mess when he redid the terraced bed by our steps on Monday. The walls he put in were thicker than the old ones, so there is extra dirt and he just piled it up in the middle. Turns out he buried a lot of the stuff that had been growing there (just some vinca vines) under all that dirt. :rolleyes: So I moved some of the dirt to the back yard to level it off a little -- there are some low spots back there that can use it. Got all the buried stuff out of the one level where I will be planting some perennials that I just bought. I moved a little of it to the lower level and tossed the rest.

Yay! Autumn!

My best friend and I played some Magic the Gathering with my little brother. He's out of anxiety meds and not feeling the best mentally, but man was it fun! ^^

7 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Often I am the only one wearing one, but I don't care.

I was the only one at last night's condo AGM.

7 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Welcome, autumn.

Happy Autumn!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brrownies, and toast with marula jelly*

Bright and sunny. Back to work today.

10 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Welcome, autumn.

Screenshot_20220921-235039_Chrome.jpg

*CELEBRATION NOISES*

9 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Yay! Autumn!

My best friend and I played some Magic the Gathering with my little brother. He's out of anxiety meds and not feeling the best mentally, but man was it fun! ^^

Oof, I've been there. Give him my best wishes and hopes that he gets more soon.

9 hours ago, trystan said:

autumn is my favorite!

SAME!

9 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Mine too, plus... Halloween~ ❤️ 

YAS! BEST HOLIDAY EVER!!

well yes20210902_113011.thumb.jpg.526d45fc01fcbdb63f61decbd35b9b8e.jpg

I need that pin for my collection (I have a whole pin board now :3)

Yesterday was awesome. They are training me on an Assembler machine (basically I feed it components and it puts the pieces together and then I skid the full boxes of complete parts and replace with empty box. Is just baby sitting and paper work really lol) They said I am doing really well and will likely be let on my on for the most part today :3

This morning got to go see Nightshade (My bestie). we dropped her car off into the auto shop, got coffee, hung out, and helper our friend/her roommate pack stuff into her car (Roommate, kid, and partner are moving into their own house now) and now I'm home to prep for work. Pets are fed, I have to take the rest of my meds, I need to change clothes (A: These leggings are NOT work appropriate, I have decided and B: it has gotten MUCH cooler outside and these are not sufficient for current weather), I need to brush my teeth, and I need to make sure Ben wakes up on time (he usually wakes up around noon on his own but I like to be nearby just in case he oversleeps because he ALWAYS forgets to set an alarm lol)

17 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

I need that pin for my collection (I have a whole pin board now :3)

pin board? i just stick it on my bag.  i need to get a pic of that.... XD

and apologies that pic was HUGE, i posted it from my phone last night XD

1 hour ago, trystan said:

pin board? i just stick it on my bag.  i need to get a pic of that.... XD

and apologies that pic was HUGE, i posted it from my phone last night XD

Yeah I have so many now that I bought a cork board and have been sticking the pins I've collected to it lol. I'll post a pic at some point

11 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Yeah I have so many now that I bought a cork board and have been sticking the pins I've collected to it lol. I'll post a pic at some point

i also have a box with (a TON of) buttons from high school and college.  maybe i ought to get a cork board too! :D

6 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

This morning got to go see Nightshade (My bestie).

Not our @Lady Nightshade?

@trystan, in today's paper...

Screenshot_20220922-172211.thumb.jpg.18b5500fc2fd5efbc6f52544ab79ee57.jpg

So... more like 13 weeks. Ready for the start of school in January. XD

I need to find out how to protest the roundabout.

19 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

coolies! do you play it much?

hope your brother feels better though 😧

@IzzyCat91 glad your enjoying your job! you seem much happier.

@WaterScorpion

We don't actually. Just started in fact, but I did mess around with it a little bit in College (where my brother learned). 

It's his depression/anxiety, and he's out of his meds, so... he'll be okay. ^^

4 hours ago, Lagie said:

So... more like 13 weeks. Ready for the start of school in January. XD

I need to find out how to protest the roundabout.

XD 

ugh. roundabouts.  or, as they're called in New Jersey, traffic circles. i kinda hate them XD 

11 hours ago, trystan said:

i also have a box with (a TON of) buttons from high school and college.  maybe i ought to get a cork board too! :D

Nice! I highly suggest the cork board, it's life changing lol

6 hours ago, Lagie said:

Not our @Lady Nightshade?

No lol she doesn't play DC, but it is interesting to know we also have a Lady Nightshade here lol

3 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

@IzzyCat91 glad your enjoying your job! you seem much happier.

Thanks, I AM much happier! Today was another amazing day actually! I got to run an assembly machine by myself and was told I did a fantastic job (AND I helped the gent next to me with his machine and he's been here MUCH longer than me. made me feel good :3)

3 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Nice! I highly suggest the cork board, it's life changing lol

guess i ought to see how much they are at my Michael's then. :D 

XD 

ugh. roundabouts.  or, as they're called in New Jersey, traffic circles. i kinda hate them XD 

They're everywhere here. They mostly work fine on the two lane roads/divided highways, but my road's only a single lane in each direction, they'll have to cut into the trees in the National Trust property (after murdering the 400-year-old silk cotton), and the roundabout was not part of the plan initially presented at the Town Hall meeting so why is it even allowed?

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and croissants with butter and jam*

Bright and sunny.

I hope today's a better shop day than yesterday was.

7 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Thanks, I AM much happier! Today was another amazing day actually! I got to run an assembly machine

Excellent! :)

3 hours ago, Lagie said:
11 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Thanks, I AM much happier! Today was another amazing day actually! I got to run an assembly machine

Excellent! :)

Thank you. I am actually excited to go to work. It has been YEARS since I liked a job enough to be excited about it. AND I'm sleeping better, I'm eating less (I stress eat), our cafeteria has healthier options so I'm eating BETTER, and I get 2 25 minute breaks (they everyone ends up making 30 minutes lol) so I am actually able to enjoy my meal and relax for a bit instead of rushing through everything to get back on time. I think (if things keep trending this way) this will be my career job. They have SOOOOO many positions and room for improvement.