Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

2 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Thank you. I am actually excited to go to work. It has been YEARS since I liked a job enough to be excited about it. AND I'm sleeping better, I'm eating less (I stress eat), our cafeteria has healthier options so I'm eating BETTER, and I get 2 25 minute breaks (they everyone ends up making 30 minutes lol) so I am actually able to enjoy my meal and relax for a bit instead of rushing through everything to get back on time. I think (if things keep trending this way) this will be my career job. They have SOOOOO many positions and room for improvement. 

I am so happy for you!

3 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Thank you. I am actually excited to go to work. It has been YEARS since I liked a job enough to be excited about it. AND I'm sleeping better, I'm eating less (I stress eat), our cafeteria has healthier options so I'm eating BETTER, and I get 2 25 minute breaks (they everyone ends up making 30 minutes lol) so I am actually able to enjoy my meal and relax for a bit instead of rushing through everything to get back on time. I think (if things keep trending this way) this will be my career job. They have SOOOOO many positions and room for improvement. 

Sounds better and better! :D

Blerg.

9 hours ago, Lagie said:

They're everywhere here. They mostly work fine on the two lane roads/divided highways, but my road's only a single lane in each direction, they'll have to cut into the trees in the National Trust property (after murdering the 400-year-old silk cotton), and the roundabout was not part of the plan initially presented at the Town Hall meeting so why is it even allowed?

oof, that's rough.

5 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

oh yaay! that's great!

had a dentist appoinment today.  most things are looking good, there's a place on two molars that we should keep a watch on, that could develop into full-on cavities if i'm not careful.  and i gotta pay more attention to flossing between those two teeth.  and my mouth is that weird soreness from being open so she could clean my teeth. XD 

i have a dragon growing up tonight, but i think i'll wait until tomorrow to breed her - time isn't of the essence anymore now that the 20 Week Challenge has ended.

did i post Zanemaren here? i can't remember..... Zane is ungendered, and uses the pronouns ze/zir. 

25 minutes ago, trystan said:

did i post Zanemaren here? i can't remember..... Zane is ungendered, and uses the pronouns ze/zir. 

Congrats!

25 minutes ago, trystan said:

oof, that's rough.

Yup. I got hold of emails to register a protest against the roundabout and have done so. Against the advice of the Attorney General who told me it was a done deal from years back and not to bother.

46 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Congrats!

thanks!

46 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Yup. I got hold of emails to register a protest against the roundabout and have done so. Against the advice of the Attorney General who told me it was a done deal from years back and not to bother.

yikes.  good luck though!

Cut off the split ends on my hair, and apparently I didn't do too bad when friend helped me look it over. lol. 

58 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Cut off the split ends on my hair, and apparently I didn't do too bad when friend helped me look it over. lol. 

Wanna come trim mine? ;)

Urgh. Noisy trucks.

@IzzyCat91 I am so glad that things are going so well for you in the new job. :)

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Good job!

Re: roundabouts/traffic circles - it seems some work well and others don't. I'm not sure what makes the difference. They have replaced stop signs in a lot of places around here fairly recently.

18 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Re: roundabouts/traffic circles - it seems some work well and others don't. I'm not sure what makes the difference.

Education - teaching drivers how to use them properly - and engineering - building the durned things right the first time. There's one out west that has been in progress for more than two years, and now that it's nearly complete they've realized - and finally admitted - that the turning circle is too tight. Big long trucks going north then heading east simply cannot turn tightly enough to stay within the circle, and if you fall off the northern side of it, you land in the ocean. Dummies.

the city we're moving too has a traffic, erm.... oval. XD 

also adding a question: i have some dressers that have glass tops, that i honestly can't be bothered to move.  anyone have thoughts on where or how i can get rid of/recycle them?

Local thrift shop? CraigsList? (Does that even still exist?)

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and bacon and eggs*

I woke up far too early this bright and sunny morning.

21 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

I am so happy for you!

Thank you :3 Now we just need to get a homeowners loan and find a place closer to work and all will be right with my world.

20 hours ago, Lagie said:

Sounds better and better! :D

Blerg.

hanks! Why Blerg?

17 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Great job! I butchered mine in 2020 and had to shave my head and start over lol (to be fair, I was trying to do more than the ends, I wanted actual length gone lol)

15 hours ago, purplehaze said:

@IzzyCat91 I am so glad that things are going so well for you in the new job. :)

Thank you :3 

we do our first mandatory overtime Monday and Thursday, so we'll see how that goes but it ought not be terrible.

Today is Fun Day with Cookie, We're going up to Cedar Point amusement park for their Halloweekends (I know is a bit early but I LOVE Halloween and have never been so we're all excited)

afternoon! i keep forgetting to poke around the forums now that im in the swing of things with school, pff. good to see everyone!

1 hour ago, IzzyCat91 said:

we do our first mandatory overtime Monday and Thursday, so we'll see how that goes but it ought not be terrible.

Today is Fun Day with Cookie, We're going up to Cedar Point amusement park for their Halloweekends (I know is a bit early but I LOVE Halloween and have never been so we're all excited)

good luck with your overtime, and i hope you both have a great time!!

I’ve got my first Neglected exp coming up in a few hours. Wish me luck. I am super nervous, I don’t think Neglected-making is the ideal activity for someone with anxiety, but I love the little broccolis and this is basically the only way I’m going to get them. :P

4 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Why Blerg?

I'm having several 'blerg'y days, not sure what's causing it. I've been irritable with everyone, and today burst into tears before the shop even opened. Thank goodness I wasn't on the cash today.

4 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Today is Fun Day with Cookie,

Enjoy!

2 hours ago, DraconicDetective said:

afternoon! i keep forgetting to poke around the forums now that im in the swing of things with school, pff. good to see everyone!

Good day! Hope school is going well.

10 minutes ago, StarKaabi said:

I’ve got my first Neglected exp coming up in a few hours. Wish me luck.

Good luck!

Still sunny, though I'm told the forecast is for lots of rain over the next five days. I do hope that's wrong.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

I'm having several 'blerg'y days, not sure what's causing it. I've been irritable with everyone, and today burst into tears before the shop even opened. Thank goodness I wasn't on the cash today.

aw, that sucks.. im sorry you havent been doin too good lately. you're taking care of yourself too, right? i know when i get super irritable that way i tend to need to drink some tea and sit alone for a little bit, be it with a book or just a dog. i hope you feel better soon

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Still sunny, though I'm told the forecast is for lots of rain over the next five days. I do hope that's wrong.

i would looove if you could send the rain over here, sigh. it got pretty bad a few weeks ago, campus even flooded, but it never ever rains here and i already miss how green the grass was for those few days

On 9/23/2022 at 3:48 PM, AsymDoll13 said:

I should probably do that; haven't had my hair cut since 2020

Today was what my daughter-in-law dubbed my 11th Grandmaversary (in other words, my granddaughter's 11th birthday). We had a family outing to do an escape room adventure and then went out to dinner. We had a good time.

Wonder if we will get new dragons tonight? I hope the encyclopedia update was not all we get for September.

Edited by purplehaze

13 hours ago, Lagie said:

Local thrift shop? CraigsList? (Does that even still exist?)

maybe.  and i think so?

i had a suggestion from someone today, is that maybe realtors can use the glass for furniture in houses they're showing. i can text my realtors and see what they say.

12 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Today was what my daughter-in-law dubbed my 11th Grandmaversary

oh that's cute! :) 

i had a long day today. i worked from 1 to 5, but first we got a cargo van, and we took all our stuff from the storage locker back to the house where we have a POD on the driveway.  this way, all our stuff is at the house for when the movers do come.

at work we got self-checkouts about a week and a half ago, and it's so funny when people would say "oh, that's what those are.  i didn't know." i mean, there is a sign now, but it's against the wall, and not really near them. ugh.  and today, one of them decided it wasn't going to work.  and the other cashier register was only taking cash - the pin pad wasn't responding.  and no one was paying with cash.  and customers were all "i don't do well with self-checkouts!" and "those things are taking away cashier jobs!" so i had an actual line just for my register.  and there were also returns.  only a few people used the self-checkout.  xmas will be fun.... not.

after work, we went out to dinner with my mom (she also brought up a check, too). we finished unloading the cargo van, returned it and i'm physically tired now.

also, i have 666 shards XD 

13 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Wonder if we will get new dragons tonight?

i have it on my calendar, but i don't think i'll be on the computer at midnight. i might actually be getting ready for bed then! :blink:

Oh gosh, I might explode if we have another new release this soon! ^_^

In other news, my Neglected exp was a success, which makes me a lot more confident for the one I have tomorrow! Maybe I’ll get my Neglected army after all. :D

4 minutes ago, StarKaabi said:

In other news, my Neglected exp was a success

Congratulations!

I have never tried, yet. I was all set once with an egg in place and primed, my nerve all set and everything and then something came up that meant I wasn't going to be available at the critical moment! So I just let the egg hatch normally and I have never gotten myself steeled to try again. Did you do it solo or did you have help?

4 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Congratulations!

Did you do it solo or did you have help?

Thank you!! :D

Surprisingly, I managed to do it solo! I’ve been planning to make NDs since shortly after I began playing, this past May (my scroll is somewhat old but I forgot all about it and never played ‘til this year), but I never did it because I thought I’d need help and, while I have my partner who is willing to grab turns for me, I wasn’t sure I wanted to risk her potentially not seeing it until too late, since I learned ND stuff is right down to the second.

I did a mini-experiment last week (with permission) on a dying egg on a friend’s scroll who’s stopped playing for now, just to see if I could get it to turn in the first place, without being too worried about the egg surviving since I didn’t know its ToD and was just listening to my instincts. It turned successfully, which boosted my confidence enough for me to believe, “Hey, maybe I CAN do this solo!”

So I grabbed a Nhio egg from the AP the other day, worked out its ToD, preloaded it to about 305/116/2 stat-wise, fogged it and waited. I stuck it into FART about 3 minutes 40 seconds before the ToD, set occurrences to 50, got it to an S3 crack, and then disabled view accumulation until 1 min left. I re-enabled views just long enough to get it to S5, disabled them again as fast as I could, and kept refreshing. It successfully turned and insta-hatched about 30 seconds before death! Didn’t need any hatcheries or anything (although I had about 4 up and ready to go just in case, to play it safe). :D

27 minutes ago, StarKaabi said:

my Neglected exp was a success,

oh yaay!

wow, that was a detailed explanation! i only have the one, that i just won in the 20 Week Challenge. :D 

15 minutes ago, trystan said:

that was a detailed explanation! 

I will be the first to tell you that I am very long winded and struggle to keep almost anything that involves any sort explanation shorter than a paragraph, lol. XD

Edited by StarKaabi
Gosh darned autocorrect wants me to look illiterate I swear-

2 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

I should probably do that; haven't had my hair cut since 2020

I haven't had a "professional" one since then, but I'll chop the split ends off when it feels really gross and dry, like straw. lol