Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Happy October, indeed.

The shop's off to an awesome start with 1,400+ today!

Stay dry up there, @purplehaze!

It stayed sunny for the shop, thankfully, so the garden is beginning to dry out.

The rain lilies are happy, though!

Toppage, page 823! b)

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!

@Lagie - good point then! :D 

rain on and off today.

i started going through the boxes in our POD, and i need a LOT of tape XD it's actually not going to bad.  just need more tape XD 

@Lagie-Thank you :3 I was so proud of myself today, I made it down there and back without GPS, Getting lost , OR a panic attack! (drive back was actually more relaxing because there is literally no one else on the road, which helps with the anxiety, and the fact that I didn't have a time limit lol) Work was super easy too, the practically flew by.

Am home safe and showered so dinner is next (ben saved me some spaghetti and rolls he ordered from a local place :3) 

Cookie won her game and is in the playoffs next Saturday 8am to noon. I am so proud of her.

Ben's brother returns to work Monday. *TRIGGER WARNING* Gore ahead and talk of injury

Spoiler

The dr saved his finger AND the nail, but his first knuckle near the tip of his finger is not going to be useable so he has some but not all mobility back. It's gonna be a learning curve, but it's better than the alternative.

I take like, monthlong breaks from this site though;. Who would follow me? Is it respect for being one of the oldest members on this site B)

Edited by Marcus Pheonix

5 hours ago, Marcus Pheonix said:

I take like, monthlong breaks from this site though;. Who would follow me? Is it respect for being one of the oldest members on this site B)

Mebbe! :)

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

Sunny and bright. I made use of it not raining to scrub all the cat bowls and and to hot water scrub the cat bowl area in an attempt to dissuade the ants. My entire dish drainer was full of cat bowls. :blink:

That actually sounds like a lovely drive, @IzzyCat91. I'm glad it went well both ways. I miss long drives.

I forgot to say - yesterday was our first day without the mask mandate. I was very surprised that maybe 90% of the 80+ customers in the shop were still wearing theirs. Mine stayed on, as did one of my other volunteer's. The other three went unmasked. Our hospitalizations are climbing again, more in the ICU, and the positivity rate's at 14%.

Edited by Lagie
Afterthought

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

Sunny and bright.

opposite here.  we're getting Ian's leftovers and it's been rainy all day.

today is our anniversary, and we're going out for dinner!  my mom is joining us as well.... and she has a check for us that'll help with our moving expenses and stuff, so yaay!

i keep adding lil' Frozens to my Dragon Index because i keep making more groups! with the release of the Berry Drakes, i now have a Drake group.  Goes with my Pygmy and Noodles groups!

Happy Anniversary @trystan! :)

Dark and rainy here, too. I am hoping it will clear by tomorrow morning so I can walk with my friends, but it is not looking hopeful. Ian apparently is in no hurry to leave us and we keep getting those bands of rain. At least I don't have to water my new grass. ;)

*grabs one of those waffles from the CPA breakfast table* Thanks, Lagie.

@Marcus Pheonix Someone who has been around longer than I have! :)

Edited by purplehaze

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

Happy Anniversary @trystan! :)

thanks!

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

I am hoping it will clear by tomorrow morning so I can walk with my friends, but it is not looking hopeful. Ian apparently is in no hurry to leave us and we keep getting those bands of rain.

this is probably why the township isn't coming out tomorrow to inspect the job the plumbers finished up on friday.  i'll be surprised if they're out before wednesday! XD 

Hi guys! I'm back from my mom's house! The dogsitting went well, but my parents do not have internet yet (although they are trying to get it). But now I'm here with my cats and my piggies, as well as some sweet sweet internet time. lol

On 10/1/2022 at 12:27 PM, Lagie said:

Happy October, indeed.

guh, it just reminds me how quickly time passed.

hope all of you on the east coast and the nearby areas are doing okay. o:

35 minutes ago, WaterScorpion said:

hope all of you on the east coast and the nearby areas are doing okay. o:

raining all day today.  might rain tomorrow, but we shall see. XD (probably when i go to get lunch!)

I lucked out because it was supposed to rain the last two days and the next two, but so far just cloudy and windy (AND CHILLY). Now predicted to rain at the end of the week.

Was mildly productive thus far today. I slept until almost 3 (making up for having to be awake extra early all week for various appointments and overtime I think)

Got up, cleaned out my junk drawer and reorganized it, cleaned out the refrigerator, did the grocery shopping (am now officially broke until payday XD ) put groceries away, made what I am now calling "Hawaiian Stir Fry" and am taking a break to eat and relax for a bit. Next, I'm gonna make a big batch of chili to for everyone to pack for lunches at work, then I have some produce that needs cleaned and put away, clean the rat cage, put clean laundry away, and wash dirty clothes.

The rest of my evening/morning is free to do as I please.

14 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Someone who has been around longer than I have! :)

This week will be my 15th year on this site actually, woo! And looking your 14th is the week after :D

17 hours ago, trystan said:

and she has a check for us that'll help with our moving expenses and stuff, so yaay!

Yay! Happy Anniversary! I hope it was a good one.

13 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

The dogsitting went well,

Excellent.

I'll be house sitting Wed/Thurs this week. It was initially three dogs but is now down to two. (Aussie was very old. :( )

You have been busy, @IzzyCat91! Good for you for cooking!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Sunny so far. Yesterday's rain came about 8 p.m. so everything's still damp from that. The temperature has actually dropped.

I thought I had a day where I could stay home, then remembered I need to have my tires looked at. I think the front right has a bubble from the deep manhole cover I hit a while back.

2 hours ago, Marcus Pheonix said:

This week will be my 15th year on this site actually, woo! And looking your 14th is the week after :D

My first dragon was stolen on Oct. 5, 2008.

1 minute ago, Lagie said:

I thought I had a day where I could stay home, then remembered I need to have my tires looked at. I think the front right has a bubble from the deep manhole cover I hit a while back.

Ouch! You do need to get that looked at!

@Lagie I ended up doing more than planned and then going to bed lol

I am so mad right now though. I forgot to set the alarm clock to the right time and we woke up late so now we're gonna be late for our overtime ay work and Ben is just puttering around like its an average day nothing to worry about. We were suppose to be there at 11. It is now 11:26 and it takes us an hour to get there.

Am annoyed and getting anxious.

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

Yay! Happy Anniversary! I hope it was a good one.

it was!

rainy today too.

i have a dragon hatching tonight. :D

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

My first dragon was stolen on Oct. 5, 2008.

My first dragon was stolen on December 9, 2008. :D

My first dragon was stolen on May 23, 2022! Even though my account was made on July 7, 2016. I forgot all about Dragon Cave before I even started playing up until I saw my girlfriend start playing earlier this year, got curious, and realized I already had an account. XD 

7 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Ouch! You do need to get that looked at!

And...

Here's the saga of why I didn't...

So much for having my tires looked at. I decided to pay cash so I went to RBC Palmdale (Bank 1) to the ATM. My debit card had expired Friday so the ATM spat it out and told me to go to my branch. Blerg. Instead of going to the tire place, I went into town to my branch (Bank 2), where, instead of going to the ten-minute info desk like you do for credit cards, I had to join the forty+-minute teller line, only to be told when I finally reached the teller that my card was at the Cable Beach branch. After dealing with a couple of other issues and finally being able to speak to a manager, I set off for Cable Beach (Bank 3), way out west. I get there to find that, yay, you can pick up your ATM card from the ten-minute info desk line, but, boo, the PIN machine is down so the card cannot be activated. Blerg. The other two branches by now have lunchtime lines so I go to the Old Fort branch (Bank 4), even farther west, where you have to go in the teller line to activate your PIN. Blerg. When I finally reach the teller and activate the card, she says to go use the ATM, which I do (since I have to - you cannot do withdrawals under $1000 inside the bank), and I leave, and have to return to collect hhe receipt I left behind. Blerg. On the plus side, the manager I spoke to called me to confirm that the AWOL $2300 was finally credited to my credit card on August 30th, and it's been sunny all day so I haven't been driving across the entire island in rain.

June 29th, 2009 was my first, though I had four eggs in April of that year that didn't make it as I knew nothing of hatcheries.

Piggie weigh day! Kris is up a little, and Duncan is doing alright as well. The tiny kitten had flea meds today (she's almost 12 weeks and over 2 lbs now!) along with the big cats! 

I still have my first dragon =w=

If I recall, I think I grabbed her from the AP as well; I had absolutely no clue what I was doing back then uwu

yikes, Lagie, that sounds like you were all over the place today! but finally your AWOL funds have been found!

so i finally grabbed eggs because i saw them all over my livejournal friends' list (remember LJ?) and there were communities on LJ just for DC and other creatures, and i even made one myself (still have it, too!) and that's how i knew how to hatch my eggs.  also got a zero-click dragon that way as well.  i don't remember when i started using the hatcheries exclusively instead of the communities, though.

Edited by trystan