Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

47 minutes ago, StarKaabi said:

Google especially is the worst with that. There’s only so much personal information I even have to spare right now but they want virtually all of it plus my blood in order to just sign back into my account if I log out.

Google is starting to ask users for fingerprints too on their apps. Not sure about you guys but that makes me uncomfortable.

Eta: Page toppage! Here are some cookies  :P

*hands out some Greek honey cookies to those who'd like one* 

Edited by LadyAngeliki

1 hour ago, LadyAngeliki said:

Mini figures are cool! Wait there are white leaves?

There are! And lilac, purple, blue, pink... LEGO's official term is 'limb element' as in tree limb. I'm trying to make my treehouse look like it's winter but I hadn't ordered enough leaves last time.

It's going to be a hassle to get everyone to convert over,

Lots of people here don't even have accounts to convert.

1 hour ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Same here. Yeah, no thanks. I am not not giving Google, etc. more access to stuff that's none of their damn business if I can avoid it.

Agreed. The phones already listen to us, too.

Fingerprints?!? Eek.

Mm. Cookies. Thanks! :)

Have some cuffs.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/XyB8i;)

I am convinced our phones listen to us, I'd talk about wanting a new belt I saw and won't search it, and suddenly every advertisement I see is about belts XD

But yes, fingerprints! They think it's unique enough to keep your login information safe but I think they are just storing data. For what purpose? I'd rather not know!

A treehouse in winter sounds fun ^^

Thank you for the cuffs XD

I need sleep, goodnight CPA o/

2 hours ago, LadyAngeliki said:

From what I remember, moving definitely contributes to some form of brain fog.

yep, can confirm! XD 

and yes, our phones and other devices listen in on us.

14 minutes ago, trystan said:

To a very scary extent! I refuse to have any "smart" devices in my house. My smart phone is bad enough! I am sure it spies on me. And I refuse to use it for any financial transactions.

well, oops, i'm in trouble! XD 

but i do use duckduckgo, they don't track you. heck, they don't even keep your history.

First 12 hour day at new job. am sleepy. will respond to you all later, but I loves you all and hope you had a good day.

3 hours ago, LadyAngeliki said:

I am convinced our phones listen to us, I'd talk about wanting a new belt I saw and won't search it, and suddenly every advertisement I see is about belts XD

But yes, fingerprints! They think it's unique enough to keep your login information safe but I think they are just storing data. For what purpose? I'd rather not know!

oh yeah, I'm pretty sure they do. and not just phones; my ipad also presents ads about things that were talked about (for the record, my phone is a samsung; besides my ipod, my ipad is the only other iproduct I have)

sometimes I half jokingly say that maybe if I said out loud "I don't want [insert item]" maybe hopefully they'll stop sending me those related ads

6 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

maybe if I said out loud "I don't want [insert item]" maybe hopefully they'll stop sending me those related ads

Maybe, or they'll be like Bahamians: ignore the word not and do exactly what you don't want them to. :rolleyes:

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Drizzly and grey. I hope Tropical Storm Ian heads north posthaste so this doesn't last too long. All the cat bowls were filled with rainwater (and still had bitey ants crawling on them).

Ooh. The water guys were early.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Maybe, or they'll be like Bahamians: ignore the word not and do exactly what you don't want them to. :rolleyes:

I don't think that is exclusive to the Bahamas. Happens here, too!

Good morning, CPA!

Sunny and cool again today. We are supposed to have this lovely weather until this weekend, when Ian may come to visit.

Ahh, we hit autumn and immediately commence the tropical storms I see. XD I need to watch the news more often.

Good morning, everyone. Still keeping an eye on my NDs - my UV record has been beyond broken and at this point I am convinced that NDs are ironically immune to dragon sickness. Any of my other hatchlings wouldn’t have even survived this long, probably. I’d reallylike to know how people whose dragons have 10,000+ UVs do it. XD 

On 9/24/2022 at 1:53 PM, DraconicDetective said:

afternoon! i keep forgetting to poke around the forums now that im in the swing of things with school, pff. good to see everyone!

good luck with your overtime, and i hope you both have a great time!!

Hope school is going well on your end! Overtime was great, i didn't feel tired until I sat down and ate dinner here at home and then it all hit me at once lol and the first shift people were so nice! I am use to there being tension between shifts but no, EVERYONE is super nice there and seem to get along well. I am in love lol

On 9/26/2022 at 1:50 AM, LadyAngeliki said:

Hi everyone o/

I been MIA for a little while, my bad.

Life got pretty busy and hectic, a huge weight was put on me with the wedding that occurred.

@IzzyCat91 I am happy you managed to catch the new eggs ^^

I don't usually go for new release eggs unless they look really pretty,

but I do catch them sometimes for my friends.

This time I caught 2 of each :)

Missed all of you guys, here are some more cookies ❤️

*lays out a plate of Greek homemade honey cookies, low sugar and flourless*

Love you all, remember I'm always here. And I always care about each of you. ^^

Welcome back!

I was surprised I caught them as quickly as I did since I missed the release by a day lol

*wishing I could ACTUALLY eat one of those cookies right now lol*

Same to you love!

On 9/26/2022 at 8:25 AM, purplehaze said:

Glad that it was good, at least. But it did not go according to plan?

Have a doctor appointment this morning and then have to go to the bank to get money for our property tax (which has gone up again!) and go to the county office to pay that.

No, not really. Cookie had a soccer game that morning and she was just so drained (even AFTER the hour and a half nap she took in the car) we didn't really do much and most of the Halloweekend stuff doesn't start until later in the evening, so we walked around and played some games and ate and then went home. It was still a lovely family outing, I just felt bad she was too tired to really enjoy it. We'll try again next time.

21 hours ago, StarKaabi said:

Well, I thought it was going to be a nice day, but my mother went from acting sweet to being her usual toxic self the second I did something she didn’t like. I have a headache from crying for a bit now, though I really don’t know why I still care, since she’s been like this (getting steadily worse) since I was about 10. I really wish I had a way to move out and finally get away from her for the sake of my mental health, but sadly I don’t own a car or know anyone irl/have anywhere otherwise to go.

*hugs* Been there my lovely, with my mom AND my foster mom. If need need/want to talk, I'm here for you. You got this, and remember, it's not your fault that she acts this way. The only thing you can do is do your best not to let her get under your skin as much as possible.

20 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Today we weighed our guinea pigs, and Kris is at his lowest ever. I'm not pleased.  Duncan is at his highest though, so that's good! And the kitten (who I weighed for fun lol) is over 1000 grams now! She was only around 250 grams when we brought her in! ^^ Now I'll just have to worry about Kris. 

Yaya big kitty baby! Sorry to hear about Kris though. I'm sure you're right and he's just getting older is all.

16 hours ago, StarKaabi said:

I feel like a small child. I am five months away from just turning 19 and desperately attempting to evade the impending responsibilities of adulthood for as long as I possibly can. XD 

I'm 31 and I feel this in my soul lol

So yeah, overtime was great and not NEARLY as physically demanding as my last job. I slept pretty good after though lol

Had my annual 6 moth psych eval, psychiatrist is happy to see/hear that I'm doing better and there has been a lot of positive change in my life, and that I have handled said change with relative ease (no panic attacks or meltdowns for once)

Tomorrow morning, I go to have my knee evaluated FINALLY and see once and for all why it hurts so much (am leaning towards arthritis personally, because it gets really stiff and sore even when I am just sitting, and I can't really cross my legs anymore.)

It's currently overcast and chilly here (55 degrees Fahrenheit) Is my favorite time of the year: HOODIE SEASON!! lol

2 hours ago, StarKaabi said:

Ahh, we hit autumn and immediately commence the tropical storms I see. XD I need to watch the news more often.

I know, right? Ian was a tropical storm last I saw and now suddenly it's a Cat 3.

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

XD

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Good morning, CPA!

Sunny and cool again today. We are supposed to have this lovely weather until this weekend, when Ian may come to visit.

Enjoy!

1 hour ago, IzzyCat91 said:

So yeah, overtime was great and not NEARLY as physically demanding as my last job

Excellent, and good for you on the handling change (I don't do well with it...).

i'm here today, i was just really busy doing actual work. XD

i got my new release dragons hatched, and hopefully i'll get to naming them tomorrow! :D

2 hours ago, trystan said:

Fun stuff, actual work. :P

2 hours ago, trystan said:

i got my new release dragons hatched, and hopefully i'll get to naming them tomorrow! :D

:)

And... another month goes by with no staff meeting. Sigh.

The sun is trying very hard to come out.

8 hours ago, StarKaabi said:

As long as you guys stay safe o:

currently watching "Tribal Try" on youtube. very interesting to see the reactions of tribal people trying different types of food.

20 hours ago, purplehaze said:

To a very scary extent! I refuse to have any "smart" devices in my house. My smart phone is bad enough! I am sure it spies on me. And I refuse to use it for any financial transactions.

Agreed! I almost want to take the microphone out of my phones so it can stop picking up audio, but then I wouldn't be able to do phone calls.

19 hours ago, trystan said:

well, oops, i'm in trouble! XD 

but i do use duckduckgo, they don't track you. heck, they don't even keep your history.

I use brave and duckduckgo. Brave is a internet provider, like google chrome. It's good to use duckduckgo since they don't save anything but if you are using it on google chrome or internet explorer, those browsers still save the information. 

20 hours ago, trystan said:

yep, can confirm! XD 

I remember that jet lag from traveling, only thing I recall helping is timing when you sleep to be the same as the timezone you are going to.

Only time that did not work but being a night owl did work was when I was traveling to Europe. I ended up having the sleep schedule that matched the locals just by following my natural night owl sleep cycle.

Other devices.. Oh please do not tell me gaming consoles listen to us too? 😧

17 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

oh yeah, I'm pretty sure they do. and not just phones; my ipad also presents ads about things that were talked about (for the record, my phone is a samsung; besides my ipod, my ipad is the only other iproduct I have)

sometimes I half jokingly say that maybe if I said out loud "I don't want [insert item]" maybe hopefully they'll stop sending me those related ads

I need to try that, hopefully it works. :P

Tired of seeing advertisements for things I cannot buy yet.

10 hours ago, Lagie said:

Truthfully I thought that was a Floridian thing XD 

10 hours ago, Lagie said:

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Drizzly and grey. I hope Tropical Storm Ian heads north posthaste so this doesn't last too long. All the cat bowls were filled with rainwater (and still had bitey ants crawling on them).

Ooh. The water guys were early.

*takes an apple politely, sets out some waffles, strawberries and whipped cream, crepes with cream and Greek homemade cookies*

Same here, it's been grey, gloomy, damp and raining without the fun of the actual tropical storm.

The neighborhood I am from is notoriously known for getting the kayaks out when the streets flood and making the best of a bad situation.

Online it's seen as the stereotype for my area :P ah well 

I am hoping it goes north too though, just so it won't last long.

I feel bad for Cuba, they got hit with a rough one. 

Early is good :) 

9 hours ago, purplehaze said:

And here! :P

I remember telling someone to not go in a certain bathroom stall... They did anyways! XD

Had to run out of there to avoid them thinking it was me or something and find an employee.

9 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Good morning, CPA!

Unless Ian cools down before he can make it there. Kind of feels Ian might only make it to the edge of Georgia. 

Hopefully no further as that would be terrifying to see.

7 hours ago, StarKaabi said:

Good morning, everyone. Still keeping an eye on my NDs - my UV record has been beyond broken and at this point I am convinced that NDs are ironically immune to dragon sickness. Any of my other hatchlings wouldn’t have even survived this long, probably. I’d really like to know how people whose dragons have 10,000+ UVs do it. XD 

Yes ma'am, all the tropical storms have come out. XD 

I have no experience with NDs so I can only guess. Determination and lots of sweat? :P 

6 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Welcome back!

I was surprised I caught them as quickly as I did since I missed the release by a day lol

*wishing I could ACTUALLY eat one of those cookies right now lol*

Same to you love!

Thank you o//o

It's a good thing to catch them quickly, closer to release day the better.

If anyone were to visit me from here I'd be sure you don't leave without one of those cookies!

They are honestly the Greek verison of a delicious honey graham cracker. 

Awh >//> same to you too! ❤️ 

6 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

So yeah, overtime was great and not NEARLY as physically demanding as my last job. I slept pretty good after though lol

Had my annual 6 moth psych eval, psychiatrist is happy to see/hear that I'm doing better and there has been a lot of positive change in my life, and that I have handled said change with relative ease (no panic attacks or meltdowns for once)

Tomorrow morning, I go to have my knee evaluated FINALLY and see once and for all why it hurts so much (am leaning towards arthritis personally, because it gets really stiff and sore even when I am just sitting, and I can't really cross my legs anymore.)

It's currently overcast and chilly here (55 degrees Fahrenheit) Is my favorite time of the year: HOODIE SEASON!! lol

That is good, happy to hear that the job is not being physically demanding on you. Especially for your knee!

Happy to hear about you handling the change well and having a positive change too, keep up the progress. I only ever had a panic attack once and it's no fun so I am happy to hear to is being reduced for how often it occurs for you. 

Knee evaluation time? Finally :) 

Once they figure out what it is, you can finally work towards making it not hurt.

It's stormy and gloomy here but usually after hurricane season, we get a very brief hoodie season :P 

Our temperatures do not drop lower then maybe 70? XD 

5 hours ago, Lagie said:

I know, right? Ian was a tropical storm last I saw and now suddenly it's a Cat 3.

Right?! Ian became a hurricane nearly overnight, it is a bit scary to think about how one of the biggest hurricanes went from tropical storm to cat 5 within 3 days.

Hopefully Ian is not one of those storms! XD

4 hours ago, trystan said:

Actual work is good work done :)

Time for a name hunt? :D 

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

And... another month goes by with no staff meeting. Sigh.

The sun is trying very hard to come out.

No staff meeting? Well, they need to have one at some point. 

But it'll be long to try and... compensate for the missed months?

I say just enjoy the lack of evaluation of how everyone's work performance is for now. 

Speaking of, I haven't seen the sun since yesterday.

Too cloudy. 

13 minutes ago, WaterScorpion said:

As long as you guys stay safe o:

currently watching "Tribal Try" on youtube. very interesting to see the reactions of tribal people trying different types of food.

Thanks o/

Dad and my brother will be putting shutters up today to keep us safe.

But it's mainly flood concern at this moment.

Oh I've seen that! They do end up liking some food, I love how interesting their reactions are as to how they describe the food to why they dislike it.

Would love to see the tables switched around too, what if modern day people try tribal food? :) 

Man... I was going to look something else, but... I can't remember what it was. Sighs....

19 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Man... I was going to look something else, but... I can't remember what it was. Sighs....

Like when you walk in a room and forget what you came for? XD I always say 'if it's important, it'll come back to you'.

No staff meeting? Well, they need to have one at some point. 

But it'll be long to try and... compensate for the missed months?

I say just enjoy the lack of evaluation of how everyone's work performance is for now. 

Ours are more quasi-informational than evaluative. We have a manager who is clueless, and a staff chat that doesn't get used enough for spreading important information.

brief hoodie season :P 

I read that as noodle. XD

Listening to Nena in German and trying to get some cranes folded so I'll have something to sell at the Jollification in November. I'm way behind where I should be.

44 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I'm certain it'll come back to you. :)

Something I like to do when this happens is walk through a few more doors (or if it's a internet/online thing) watch a few more videos or open some new tabs or go into pre-existing tabs. This usually helps in a few different ways.

1. Walking through more doors/opening more tabs.

This resets your front vocal memory, and causes you to refocus on remembering. Usually this is enough to remember what you forgot but in the case it isn't:

2. Continue what you were doing/go into pre-existing tabs. This helps by retriggering a visual que of the thing you needed to do or wanted to say. Our minds are shown to be very visual based, so eventually it will come back to you if given enough time.

3. If all else fails, it wasn't important enough.

But it is also very possible that now since you forgot what you wanted to do originally, you'll end up doing it later on and not realize that is what you intended to do beforehand. 

Right now might be a good time to mention that blueberries help with memory and managing stress. Hope you remember what it was soon. :)

20 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Ours are more quasi-informational than evaluative. We have a manager who is clueless, and a staff chat that doesn't get used enough for spreading important information.

Uh oh. That sounds like unproductive work ethic.

Hopefully higher ups get on it to fix things up? Usually a clueless manager dosen't last too long.

I read that as noodle. XD

It could also be seen as chicken noodle season XD

Listening to Nena in German and trying to get some cranes folded so I'll have something to sell at the Jollification in November. I'm way behind where I should be.

Folded cranes? I love origami! Especially swans and frogs, they were the first two I learned to make ❤️

Edited by LadyAngeliki
Added more information on memory

11 minutes ago, LadyAngeliki said:

Hopefully higher ups get on it to fix things up? Usually a clueless manager dosen't last too long.

Hunh. He's been manager for eight or so years. And people wonder why our shelter never improves.

12 minutes ago, LadyAngeliki said:

Folded cranes? I love origami! Especially swans and frogs, they were the first two I learned to make ❤️

I only fold cranes! ;) I did run an origami club back when I was teaching, but frankly, there were two grade 6 boys who were better at origami than ne and they pretty much took over (with my blessing; I had a school library to run).

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Hunh. He's been manager for eight or so years. And people wonder why our shelter never improves.

Lagie I wish I could bring you to where my mom works, they need help and treat employees fairly well. Plus we could bake you all the cookies to help cheer you up ❤️

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I only fold cranes! ;) I did run an origami club back when I was teaching, but frankly, there were two grade 6 boys who were better at origami than ne and they pretty much took over (with my blessing; I had a school library to run).

Kids do tend to love folding paper! XD

Not sure what it is, they just do! I could show you some tips/tricks for swans and frogs but a majority of it is to keep the fold as clean as possible.

A origami club sounds fun!

Do you still supervise them at least? :)

5 hours ago, Lagie said:

Fun stuff, actual work. :P

i know, isn't it? :P 

It's good to use duckduckgo since they don't save anything but if you are using it on google chrome or internet explorer, those browsers still save the information. 

yep, i have a chromebook laptop, so i use chrome there.  also my phone is an android, and i do still use the google assistant, so there's that.  i'm totally being tracked. XD 

Actual work is good work done :)

yes, it actually is. :) 

2 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Like when you walk in a room and forget what you came for? XD I always say 'if it's important, it'll come back to you'.

.....and then it never does? XD 

and we're back home! this morning, the guy who i'm figuring was the project foreman, said we'd never know they were here....and he's right!  there's a few places where the floor kinda didn't go back quite right, but we're all good.  they do still have some finishing up outside, and it needs to be certified by the township and the county. yay..  and then we've having the heater system inspection AND the electrical inspection thursday.  the buyer pays for those, and our realtor has said that if there's anything that needs to be done, the buyer will also be paying for that too.  and once those inspections pass, the buyer gets his U&O (Use&Occupancy), which means it's safe for him to move in at settlement.  and THEN is when i'll start transferring things over and telling places we're moving.

Well, guess who just missed her SECOND CB Stat? ;u;

It’s not a huge deal because I still just want one to trade for NDs, which I am now fully capable of making myself, but it still HURTS

Edited by StarKaabi