TJ09

2019-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

Have you cooked ? It's a max of 100 candy a day, however you do it.

I haven't cooked anything yet, i'm waiting to get ingredients to make something. I played the alchemy game for a bit and managed to get candy, i'm not sure why it game me the message of earning the max today before but it seems to have fixed itself.

I'm loving the cooking game, and everything else, but good lord, how much poultry and herbs can one woman need? (apparently 15+ of each...) No sugar, no eggs *pouts*

On 12/27/2019 at 10:54 PM, Fuzzbucket said:

I am sad. I thought maybe it was fixed. Yam-Stuffed Mushrooms are indeed borked - did it all right and like others got a giant mess.

Prepare them instead of Ovening them. I was following the recipe in the wiki, accidentally used the 'wrong' card, realised it a second too late, and was VERY surprised when it worked. :D

Yes - I know; I edited the wiki once I found out !

I have enough meat (14) and poultry (16) to feed a small army and season it well with my herbs (17). There's enough grain (17) and yeast (15) to make beer for them, too, if only I had a proper recipe! XD To be honest I have at least a small amount of just about everything since I have been trolling the AP all day and RNG keeps throwing items at me every few minutes! I am lowest on eggs, sugar, flour, and milk -- probably because I have used more of them and they seem to drop much less often.

Edited by purplehaze

I'm getting so much ice it's not even funny. Just recently I had 25 of it, and even after deliberately making several huge messes by shoving some ice into the oven, I STILL have way too much ice and it's still an irritatingly common drop. :dry: Give me eggs and sugar instead of 30+ blocks of ice, gosh dangit!

13 minutes ago, Sazandora said:

Give me eggs and sugar

I'll +1 this, I have enough yeast, flour, and grains to stock a ship at sea for months, but I need to do some baking, darn it!

I really like our new Christmas breed! Still have much to do in the event and just too less time for it.

1 hour ago, purpledragonclaw said:

I'll +1 this, I have enough yeast, flour, and grains to stock a ship at sea for months, but I need to do some baking, darn it!

And now I am having a flood of - EGGS ! Only two more red starred to complete !

Oh wow, complaining really makes a world of difference. My last three drops were eggs, sugar and eggs! :D And it's also nice to see there's still pretty 2G's to grab in the AP. Man, at this rate my scroll will never not be totally locked.

I'm thinking he suddenly made the eggs/sugar/flour waaay more common or put in some line of code that went "if item > 10, then don't spawn that item again!"
because my inventory is up to: 
14 cocoa beans
18 herbs
13 ice
13 mushrooms
13 poultry
17 water
16 yeast

Can you see how a RNG with no balances is not a good idea?

Hurray for the flood of eggs/sugar/flour!!! Makes completing the event 1000x easier!

Edited by Arwen17

I've noticed an increase in sugar, too, and the ingredients are no longer emerging behind ads. Thank you, TJ! :)

Has anyone got a cheat-sheet for the cooking game? Apparently I have no idea what I'm doing because any time I try to combine ingredients I make a mess. 

2 minutes ago, HawktalonOfRiverClan said:

Has anyone got a cheat-sheet for the cooking game? Apparently I have no idea what I'm doing because any time I try to combine ingredients I make a mess. 

https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Holiday_Cooking It's all in the wiki from the original event, seems like the ingredients/recipes are the same.

Edited by HeatherMarie

Several, using the wiki link HeatherMarie posted above. I need to just bookmark it.

I've switched to finding ingredients on mobile and increased my productivity x20. I knew logging in to the mobile site while sitting on my butt watching cooking shows would come in handy!

I haven't gotten any recipe cards since the first day. I've used lots of recipes from the wiki, but I never got the cards.

Now the ingredients are dropping in front of the ads on my laptop.

22 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I haven't gotten any recipe cards since the first day. I've used lots of recipes from the wiki, but I never got the cards.

Really? Dang. I wish we could trade ingredients. I've gotten TONS of recipe cards. lol.

Still scroll locked, but If I miss the last of the Holiday dragons I'm still happy because I caught a Winter Magi that I bred myself lol. So I'm happy about that. :D

On 12/28/2019 at 12:31 AM, Omen said:

You can place tiles of the same background colour next to each other, or tiles of the same border colour next to each other. Neutral tiles can be placed next to any tile and mana bombs can destroy in a 3x3 grid, great for fixing any mistakes.

More information here, including some pictures of games in progress: https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Snow_Warning

*gently tosses a rose to you*

I appreciate you most greatly! Thank you!

50 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Same, on both points. I think 99% of my recipes I've made from experimenting or the wiki, I only got a few recipe cards that first day. (And I almost feel like the herbs are popping up over the ads on purpose for me because I refuse to pick them up, lol.)

I haven’t had eggs in more than 24 hours, and there’s nothing new left I can make without them. 

Edit: a very nice egg was just sent my way :)

Edited by Niyaka