Shadowdrake

Anti-Zombie Strategies

When my base was overrun, there were 21 zombies and the soulpeace. That lazy dragon slept through as long as at least 21 new zombies came up. 

Also it seems to not prove how the zombies target them. 

Next try will be a preference test. Two soulpeaces in one corner, two shallows in the other. Which way will the zombies go?

Wow, @Iside @Tears in Rain @Astreya @Kamoodle @Yubelchen @Darth Krande!!! Everyone!! :D Such amazing progress! Congrats!!  @Kegluneq Congrats too you too! And I agree it would be nice that once you achieve level 50 you were granted with more space (points too?)

My previous defeat:

Hallw19.png

New attempt looks similar to many strategies tried in this thread, just really congested. I would like more points to work with though, so Here's hoping my GoN shows up ❤️ 

Hallw19s.png

Edited by priscel

Well the setup I posted earlier with two Purples, three Whites, two Thunders and a wall of Magmas worked pretty good in the end.

2F4mZWd.png

Let's see if I can top that.

Edited by Nagapie

image.png.31ae7772b057d89def53ceabacb9d9c6.png

All my recent set-ups have been trying to rely solely on a single soulpeace and its purple battery pack and now that the zombies are spawning faster it's working out well! The ice and bolts stall, the whites keep them alive, and the soulpeace wipes them out every 3 turns. I had some trouble with other set-ups because of the GoN, vines and etcetera killing just enough things that it wouldn't trigger and the really slow two-zombie spawn rate for the first 60 rounds slowly destroyed a few other trials, but the 4-zombie spawn is a lot easier to deal with. Will have to see if they fare well with the 2-hit zombies at round 100 or if that'll kill off the bolts before the whites can heal them back up.

This is the setup I'm going with this time. (The vampire has no intended strategical value - he's just there because I had extra points, lol.)

VHGausI.png

I noticed that last time some of my Magmas were getting hit by zombies that spawned on the same turn, so I decided to try and move my line back a little bit. If they only spawn in the swampy tiles, perhaps this'll give my line a bit more space and opportunities to grill the zombies before they start getting hit in the face. I also replaced the two second row Magmas with Thunders as I figured there wasn't really a point to having the Magmas back on those tiles. I'd imagine that the two Thunders who can hit anywhere on the board instead of just set tiles might give me better damage output in the end.

Edited by Nagapie

@Nagapie

I'm utterly amazed at your record of 261 rounds! Congrats! Do the Zombies stay with 2 damage till the end or do they get stronger later on, say, in round 200 or so?

@Astreya

I think they stay at 2 damage at least in the 200s, since that's the amount of damage my base took from the zombie that finished it off. I'll try and confirm this if my new setup makes it past level 200 and I'm actually awake and not at work when it happens.

The double damage starts at 100 I think.

So I have the zombies preference list. Their choices were 3 shallow waters, the base, 3 soulpeaces. Nothing to distract them.

The first choice were the soulpeaces. 

Then two out of three shallows. 

Then the base. 

The time it took: 10 rounds. 

Note, the surviving shallow would have been easy prey. I call this behavior a sense of fair play!

unknown.png

GoN disappoints me once again. I'm gonna die once it summons itself in the 100+ rounds aren't I?

And you only have one Legendary dragon....? 

Maybe their number is proportionate to the frequency the GoN appears.

"May we possibly be allowed to enter the keep?"

Ice Dragon: "No"

(British?) zombies: "Let's queue up politely."

(and no, as a strategy, the setup didn't work)

queue.PNG

That Soulpeace in the corner: "Eeeek! Get away from meeee!" XD

1817712970_Screenshot_2019-10-28DragonCave-Halloween2019(2).png.b3a669e6ff637825c403d6005bfdeb1b.png

Edited by dustpuppy

lolol.PNG.6b9b908d89382e468695618c7051962d.PNG

The "wall of whites behind the most durable dragons" formation seems to be quite effective, over 300 rounds and not a single dragon defeated 😂

My next attempt, I call it the Hopefully Allnighter Pacifist:

two soulpeaces

seven purples

three magi.

The plan is that the two soullings can share the duty of expunging while no zombie gets destroyed by a more agressive dragon. The danger lies in the first few hours when the zombies aren't surfacing fast enough.

Edit: I rearranged the dragons. I hope the distance and the magi will keep them safe.  

https://kepkuldes.com/image/eyGzNV

Edited by Darth Krande

Round 17. The lonely vampire extra I put in the frontlines didn't last very long, as expected. XD

VYqZa0b.png

34 minutes ago, madao13 said:

The "wall of whites behind the most durable dragons" formation seems to be quite effective, over 300 rounds and not a single dragon defeated 😂

That is amazing! I copied your first two rows and put some other stuff behind it for the night. Let's see if it will last without the Soulpeace or if that's the secret of your success. XD

newnewyork.PNG

It's only Round 6 and the zombies had already chewed on  my magi and purples. I must need an aeon to tell them to act faster....

Spoiler
6 hours ago, Yubelchen said:

My current setup for tonight/today:

Wall of greens as tanks, magma/white for attack/healing, soulpeace for horde stop and the aeon for testing, didnt used it yet.

red just because i had points left and to defend the corners better

87bhevea.png

Update:

Formation going strong, not a single loss yet.

Wish we could see remaining HP or current Cooldown in the log

We see us again in 100+

Spoiler

ukaq5jjo.png

56 minutes ago, dustpuppy said:

That Soulpeace in the corner: "Eeeek! Get away from meeee!" XD

& @Nagapie  XDXD !

@madao13 amazing, congrats!  I'll keep your strategy in mind :) 

Why does it feel like the zombies are toying with my dragons? They piled on zombies every time in my other attempts, this time not so much:

Hallw19.png

Edited by priscel

I'm at Level 50, but decided to try a few more combinations for fun. With a front row of dark greens, a middle row of magmas, and a back row of white dragons, I have reached Level 301 (and counting). The dark green dragons were killed ages ago, but all the magmas and white dragons are still going strong with no losses.

3 hours ago, Kegluneq said:

My God! I got defeated at round 201!

It would be nice if the experience we get after level 50 grant us more space available on the board. After all, the zombies always win no matter the formation. Or so I think. 

201? Wow, congrats!!

Oh no! Someone has snuck in! :ph34r:

image.png.a1038c590fa32aba34d148505d18ebf4.png

2 hours ago, Nagapie said:

I noticed that last time some of my Magmas were getting hit by zombies that spawned on the same turn, so I decided to try and move my line back a little bit. If they only spawn in the swampy tiles, perhaps this'll give my line a bit more space and opportunities to grill the zombies before they start getting hit in the face. I also replaced the two second row Magmas with Thunders as I figured there wasn't really a point to having the Magmas back on those tiles. I'd imagine that the two Thunders who can hit anywhere on the board instead of just set tiles might give me better damage output in the end.

That's a good thought, I'll try that too for my next setup.

@Shadowdrake

Round 463 o_O 

That's incredible! I have yet to get to 200 somewhen. And yeah, my GoN was killed, too. But the Trios summon a new one in due time.