Shadowdrake

Anti-Zombie Strategies

tbh it looks like leaving that first row open and having some ranged fighters in the back (thunders or soulpeace) plus a magma-reliant front line makes all the difference

Looks like people are advancing to the 200+ rounds without soulpeace. I'll try too. Got as high as round 146 previously, but not this time

Hallw19.png

Current strategy:

Hallw19s.png

Edited by priscel

Turn 256 and I still have everyone (new record for me). I took the advice of pulling everyone back from the very front row (due to a zombie attacking on that same turn) and this seems to be working. Let's see if it is still there when I wake up. Fingers crossed it still is.

DC Turn 256.png

image.png.ad8cc07905999b2a3bb87600d2bafc0b.png

I like this setup! Between the magma reach and the bolt/ice delays my dragons have hardly been hit at all! Shame the max I can reach is probably 550 or something, but we'll have to see if it can survive the 4-zombie spawns first.

Hey, those Magmas are really doing a great job.

I'm at round Pi-hundred:

image.png.55cde956b7815763492d771748145eef.png

Level 199. You founght valiantly my heroes!

First line was: green, green, magma, ice, magma, green, green; second line whites

Screenshot_2019-10-30 Dragon Cave - Halloween 2019.png

11 hours ago, priscel said:

Looks like people are advancing to the 200+ rounds without soulpeace.

I had no Soulpeace on the board:

419.PNG

image.png.c05e1b39b3a528eb0ffa3d3638908bbd.png

I tried using one of the setups posted on this forum and it's performing way better than I expected!

Zombies must be able to move twice in one turn because this keeps happening:

20191030_082408.thumb.png.64af39c639983fb8e178ce4356c015e8.png

20191030_082354.thumb.png.0df724ec9a7cc618d0237b30a2f7e68e.png

On top of that, they can still attack after leaping 2 squares forward too :I

@Shadowdrake

That is unexpected, so they not only can do 2dmg but also move 2 spaces if they have the chance to (aka nobody is blocking the way like GoN did)

This is utterly unfair!

Edited by Yubelchen

1 hour ago, eleutheria said:

they so are though??? a magma line backed by a line of whites is lowkey the immovable object

Can confirm, Magma/White combo is OP

image.png

I just got home and it appears that slowly even this setup is starting to crumble:

h1.png

Well, this sure was an adventure! I don't believe I have the time to beat this personal record anymore, since it took them so long to survive that amount of rounds. Super excited that I managed to make it past round 500 in the end though! This was my setup, in case someone is curious. Very offense focused with only 3 Whites and 2 Purples for a bit of support. Pulling the line way back seemed to work pretty well, since I didn't lose a single dragon (save for that bonus vampire that was there for decoration) before round 487. (As can be seen here, on a screenshot of round 486.)  The line withstood the zombies one dragon short until round 502 when the zombies finally found the Thunder that was left unprotected and started paving their way to my fortress from the right side.

This was a very fun event!

Xzl8SCu.png

Edited by Nagapie

@Fly-by-Night Thanks for the confirmation :) and congrats on your progress!

previous run:

Hallw19.png

current, looks similar to a lot peoples':

Hallw19s.png

Edited by priscel

These look awesome!

I wonder if the ongoing games can be played through after Halloween. It'd be equal parts unfair and cathartic if everybody just survived the long night :)

My current setup:

https://kepkuldes.com/image/eRO5Z4

One loss so far. A green dragon got hit a few rounds ago (it was a symmetrical setup until now)