Shadowdrake

Anti-Zombie Strategies

hmm, the zombies are totally unimpressed by my unprotected base and prefer to fuss with my greens and goldfishies... they did take down the singular soulpeace i had put infront of the base, though.

I made it to Round 107 by combining reds and greens. This time, I'm trying putting white dragons all around the tower, green dragons in front of them, and then red and vines on the front lines.

So now I have all the 'official' dragons. Maybe I should try an actual survival now instead of presenting my tower to the zombies...

Looks like line-ups with a full Vampire defence line are useless as soon as the Zombies get powered up after Round 100. My second attempt with Vampires + Whites + Purples but no Soulpeace dragons also got overrun.

yeah, I'm noticing a pattern where defence models that survive just fine and do great for the first 100 rounds get blown out of the water after the damage gets increased at round 100 -- my last lineup posted died at round 104, which I figure means it started to fail pretty much exactly at round 100 XD

Edit: testing that theory with this lineup!

image.thumb.png.f15c775bbd41b19b9c8b6abea7fd4b9d.png

Edited by eleutheria

My most successful attempt so far was the "Polish Defence" I mentioned in the second post of this thread that only got overrun at Round 143. I will set it up again but add two Soulpeace dragons now that I have the necessary points from Level 50:

h1.png

1 hour ago, eleutheria said:

Darth, how many rounds of goldfish did it take you to reach level 50?

Uh, I did not count. Maybe ten? Most of the lucky matches were around 12-14 rounds. The unlucky ones twice as many. My current match (one Aeon, some red, white and vine, and many shallowwaters) is at Round 24 with most of my dragons still alive. 

The zombies seem to attack the corners where the 'warrior' dragons are defending the goldfish groups and not go for the main target. 

I'll try one where ONLY goldfish are on the table. 

Sorry, i phrased that really poorly, that's my bad XDD how many goldfish games (each of 12-24 rounds) did it take you to reach level 50?

https://kepkuldes.com/image/ewjqtP

Apparently the zombies actively refuse to let me shortcut with shallow water dragons. Their way to the tower was open from the start!

(Eventually, the scores: the base fell in Round 36 and with 4 shallowwaters surviving I got 56 XPs.)

Eleutheria, that's what I tried to answer. I guess maximum ten matches, each lasting at least one hour. (12 rounds x 5 minutes = 1 hour and that's a lucky one)

As you can see in the link in this post, the zombies don't go for the tower if it's an easy target. 

Now I start to wonder. Maybe TJ programmed the game so that the zombies try to eat as many shallowfishes before the tower would become an unintended casualty. 

Edited by Darth Krande

Ah, thank you XD sorry, I misunderstood. 

That's really interesting -- thank you for running that experiment! It makes sense that the shallow waters are automatic targets

I'm quite curious to see how long this setup will last.

wxuPweM.png

So far they are absolutely decimating the hordes, but that's not really surprising considering it's only round 36.

Screenshot_20191027-144235.thumb.png.f396b7eb948cb14104cb2e985f97b5c7.png

Current tactic: stall-and-bomb. This would work perfectly if the ices didn't occasionally summon a GoN to interrupt just enough that the soulpeace didn't trigger :dry:

So here's my first attempt at truly surviving. 

https://kepkuldes.com/image/ewr5I3

At first I tried to let the vampires have the first row entirely so that they can move freely (I just read their game description and it SAYS they move! And yes they move indeed!) but then I realised the moving vamps still need a white to back them up. Then I put heroic beasts here and there. Now let's see... It's almost 9 pm, the sun rises around 6 am, that'd be 9 hours, twelve rounds each. I need my gorgeous and heroic reptiles to last over 9 x 12 = 108 rounds. Not sure if they will :D

Edited by Darth Krande

The best defense I've had so far:

Hallw19s.png

Now crumbling at round 106:

Hallw19.png

Edited by priscel

39 minutes ago, Nagapie said:

wxuPweM.png

So far they are absolutely decimating the hordes, but that's not really surprising considering it's only round 36.

Wait... is that a GoN?  😲

@Iside yes, yes it is! I so want that for mine! Not there yet. Current defense crumbling, maybe 3 rounds left. Also it seems the zombies are dealing 2 point damages, killing off my dragons 😓

Edited by priscel

45 minutes ago, Nagapie said:

wxuPweM.png

My current lineup is pretty much the same as yours. Front line is all Magmas but the next line is different, I placed the same amount of Whites but I got Ice Dragons instead of Thunders: 4 Ice and 3 Whites; I placed a Thunder just in front of the tower and on each side of the tower there's a Soulpeace and Red. There's a GoN a round somewhere on the board as well. 

Currently I'm at round 103 and every Dragon is still safe! 

10 minutes ago, Iside said:

Wait... is that a GoN?  😲

Yes. It might appear if there's at least one Legendary in the game, but it has its own mind and cannot be told where to go. 

This is mine this time around XD I survived around 120 with a less 'advanced' setup, let's see how long this one lasts B):P

No idea how useful the Aeon even is, lol, but why not.

fvWKa89.png