Shadowdrake

Anti-Zombie Strategies

I think I found a possibly successful strategy. At Round 59 it looks like this:

h1.png

I originally started with one row of Vampires, behind that a row of Whites and the Soulpeaces in the corners. By now the number of Vampires increased to what you can see above - and they occupy fields that are normally Zombie ground. I'm curious how this will develop.

2 hours ago, Astreya said:

I think I found a possibly successful strategy. At Round 59 it looks like this:

h1.png

I originally started with one row of Vampires, behind that a row of Whites and the Soulpeaces in the corners. By now the number of Vampires increased to what you can see above - and they occupy fields that are normally Zombie ground. I'm curious how this will develop.

That looks like worth trying! :D

I got to level 80-something with just some random strategy. 

Anyways I love this event, since I used to play plants versus zombies a lot!

At Round 94, it looks like this:

h1.png

Note that on the very left, a Zombie managed to break through and kill the White dragon there, but the Zombie defence line regrew.

9 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Strategy? Ha. My strategy so far is to try and get anything to stay on the board. I can't wait till I'm off mobile in a couple of days!

You must click on the tile BELOW from where you want to place your dragon. Once it is in position, you can touch the checkmark and if the dragon REALLY was in place, you'll be able to move on to placing the other dragons. If you touch the check mark but only seem to be dragging the dragon to the control buttons' corner, it wasn't placed properly.

It took me several rounds to work this out :)

Yuck! I just reached Level 101, and now that the Zombies deal 2 damage per attack, the Vampire line-up is doomed :(

34 minutes ago, Astreya said:

Note that on the very left, a Zombie managed to break through and kill the White dragon there, but the Zombie defence line regrew.

I wonder if, in this strategy, soulpeaces are actually counterproductive...? The vampires need their fodder.

No idea how that'd go, I'm not yet at vampire level.

@Darth Krande

The problem with Vampires is that they only have one Health level - and as soon as they are attacked with 2 damage, they are gone, and the Whites don't even get a chance to heal them.

BTW, I might try it without the Soul Peaces next - thx for the thought!

Edited by Astreya

I put one or more rows of Greens on the front line, some vampires in between, Shallow waters in the corners and some Dark Greens and Bolts scattered about. Found it pretty useful so far. I'm not sure how much i like the Soulpeaces, they haven't convinced me yet.

So I tried the 'shallows in the corner, protected by reds and greens' strategy. The zombies went for the corner while my tower is still standing.... Unprotected....

Now with sreenshot!

https://kepkuldes.com/image/ew3sG2

Edited by Darth Krande

Trying again, now with vampires. I'll let you know what happens...

https://kepkuldes.com/image/ew3OnN

First round: the zombies have yet to make contact but my vampires already left their position. They seem to disagree with my ideas.

https://kepkuldes.com/image/ew3Vdi

The vampires are definitely moving!

https://kepkuldes.com/image/ew3k9R

Edited by Darth Krande

So. Next attempt with Vampires, Whites and Purples to turbocharge the Whites:

h1.png

@Darth Krande

Looks like the Vampires move only sideways - maybe that's why I never noticed this with a full row of them.

Edited by Astreya

I went for a simple line of Greens protected by alternating Purples and Whites plus a Soulpeace in the corner and a Vine in front of it. It held up pretty well and brought me up to Level 50. I was surprised that the Soulpeace survived.

alternating.PNG

Wow.  That's impressive!

Well, my vampires vanished. A few minutes ago I had two more (see above) but they wandered away from their white. I might need to wall them in with another dragon in the same line next time!

The odd thing is, the text says one vampire fell and one zombie turned vampire, that shouldn't mean I have two less vamps than I started with. 

https://kepkuldes.com/image/ewZrJ3

They're still faring better than I expected :D

For farming xp, perhaps it helps to place a soulpeace near the tower so the zombies go for the fort first and don't attack the shallow waters as much? Apparently the soulpieces attract zombies after all

When I farmed for XP, I put the Shallows in the corners (four or five of them - I don't really remember) and put Vines in front of them (I think 3 or so - I can't try out how it looked atm as I'm running my second Vampire Defence project and don't want to abort that). One White was mixed in to heal the Vines, and then I got 53 or so XP in about 14 rounds.

Whelp, my interesting setup mentioned in the previous page got me to as far as level 55 before my tower was rampaged. I did lose a green, a healer, and one of my goldfish towards the top of the map, but at least I got some neat experience from all this. Sometimes it seemed the zombies were more eager to get a bite out of the snack that smiles. XD 

Cool.

The zombies visiting my area seem to have been given the wrong address. They came one row away from the base!

Also, according to the text one of my vamps got killed and the other vamp turned a zombie into vampire. So that would mean one vamp missing from one side, and the other side having two vampires? Apparently, not. 

https://kepkuldes.com/image/ew1qce

Eventually this setup got me 42 Xps in 12 rounds. 

Next attempt, now with a soulpeace bait to help the zombies speed up the game. The vampireis there for experimenting reasons - I want to test his motility. 

https://kepkuldes.com/image/ew9c2q

And I just came home before the game is over :)

https://kepkuldes.com/image/ewuc25

The vampire is on the other side of the field, the soulpeace did her job fine, I think I shall do this again.

Edited by Darth Krande

And now it's bedtime in my timezone just as my defence is starting to crumble, that's a shame. Would have liked to watch how it falls apart.

12 minutes ago, Darth Krande said:

Honestly asking. Do your zombies REALLY go in the soulpeace's direction?

Look at my screenshot above. They were certainly more interested in the tower! Currently, it's hard to say because I haven't seen any Zombies for some rounds. They have, however, gone for the weakest link and killed the Green Dragon that wasn't protected by a White.

2019_no attackers_46.PNG

Edited by Fly-by-Night

Thanks!

My 'bait' soulpeace just expunged all the zombies so it'd be a long time before they go inthe right direstion again.... :D I'd say the surest way to win seems to intentionally try to lose, but I'm only at round 13 so that's not yet a victory. But all my dragons seem to be in a good health and taking naps with no zombie around.

1 hour ago, eleutheria said:

hey Fly-By-Night, since you're at at least level 50 -- what's your dragon capacity at that level??

35, I think. (Approximately, at any rate) Just did the Maths, it's 35 alright.

Edit: The GoN at work!

guardian_all.PNG

Edited by Fly-by-Night