Jump to content
pinkgothic

The Release History Of Dragon Cave Spiral

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Time for a general update post!

 

Regular Dragon Spiral

TCA received a Magi to continue with this Ye Olde Purple dragon. Hopefully, we'll be able to knock several Wow,%20purple%20isn't%20a%20color%20of%2 Purples out of that one, because the next candidate in the spiral is our worst spiral enemy: The Gold dragon. This a boss battle, folks, and you know it.

 

gold_m.png

 

If anyone has a male CB gold dragon they're miraculously willing to rename for the project, from any time (we're not picky with this one), please pipe up so I can add you to the boss battle firing squad. ❤️ At the moment it's just me and Dask. (For the record, I totally understand if no one else wants to come forward, CB golds aren't exactly easy to come by.)

 

Two-Headed Dragon Spiral

Dracaena received a Forest-variant Two-Headed Lindwyrm to continue with a release-day male Hooktalon for The%20surface%20of%20this%20egg%20is%20r Hooktalon offspring. (I don't yet have the link to the Hooktalon in this case.) Next in line:

 

hooktalon_f.png

 

Anyone with a female Hooktalon caught on the 21st of May, 2015, willing to rename their dragon for the project, should probably speak up now, otherwise the Spiral's likely to stay with Dracaena for a while. XD (Nothing wrong with that, for the record! But might not be what you're hoping for if you want to get your foot into that Spiral!)

 

Drake Spiral

pinkgothic (oh my!) failed at her first attempt to knock a This%20striped%20egg%20feels%20moist.gif Glaucus Drake out of Glaucus Drakes were the x first Drakes with dimorphism. She'll be trying again next week, and, if they continue to be stubborn, the week after that, et cetera.

 

glaucus_f.png

 

Meanwhile, anyone with a female Glaucus Drake caught on the 6th of April, 2014 that they're willing to rename for the project and who wants to get in on the Drake fun, speak up now or be forever silent. ;) pinkgothic is going to pass Glaucus offspring of the line to JaneMcAsh if no one else seizes the spot!

 

Pygmy Spiral

schenanigans received a Nilia to breed to a release-day male Kyanite for moreThis%20tiny%20cobalt%20egg%20has%20a%20cKyanite offspring. Since Dusk Pygmies are next in line, but they're hybrids, we get to have our first hybrid Spiral fun!

 

 crimson_flare.pngnilia_m.png

 

As such, we're looking for these tricky targets:

  • female Crimson Flare Pygmy caught on the 25th of June, 2017 (Dusk Pygmy release date), or, in a pinch, from the Crimson Flare release date (21st of May, 2011)
  • male Nilia Pygmy caught on the 25th of June, 2017 (Dusk Pygmy release date) or, in a pinch, from the Nilia Pygmy release date (21st of May, 2011)

We do have a one questionable fallback candidate for the male Nilia (not even release date), but, well, I had the foresight of a goldfish and forgot(/prematurely deleted) who other than Sethiss (whose bab' is already in the Spiral) had a release day Crimson Flare Pygmy, so I currently don't even have any notes for fallback candidates on the Crimson Flare. (I might go back on the thread to try and unearth them tomorrow, if I don't, y'know, forget.)

 

Any takers?

Edited by pinkgothic

Share this post


Link to post

To update the update, my male hooktalon is vmuul.  However he and his prospective had no interest today, will try again next week. 

 

I'm no help on the pygmys. 

 

The drake line is up to where I'll be having potential candidates but not fussed about it right now. 

 

You might be able to twist my arm about my newest male gold rKv2W (July 8, 2018 vintage), assuming you are looking for a male.

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

Anyone with a female Hooktalon caught on the 21st of May, 2015, willing to rename their dragon for the project, should probably speak up now, otherwise the Spiral's likely to stay with Dracaena for a while. XD (Nothing wrong with that, for the record! But might not be what you're hoping for if you want to get your foot into that Spiral!)

I have https://dragcave.net/view/3gVVs

15 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

Meanwhile, anyone with a female Glaucus Drake caught on the 6th of April, 2014 that they're willing to rename for the project and who wants to get in on the Drake fun, speak up now or be forever silent. ;) pinkgothic is going to pass Glaucus offspring of the line to JaneMcAsh if no one else seizes the spot!

And https://dragcave.net/view/xMoOz

Can't help with the pygmies. Or the Gold.

Share this post


Link to post

Welp, I just wrote a long-ish post and the forum... didn't give me any error message when I clicked save, but just didn't save? I guess I'll do it again!

 

12 hours ago, Dracaena said:

To update the update, my male hooktalon is vmuul.  However he and his prospective had no interest today, will try again next week. 

 

I'm no help on the pygmys. 

 

The drake line is up to where I'll be having potential candidates but not fussed about it right now.

Ooh, an all-lowercase code! ❤️ My favourite! ^_^ Definitely thanks for the update!

 

12 hours ago, Dracaena said:

You might be able to twist my arm about my newest male gold rKv2W (July 8, 2018 vintage), assuming you are looking for a male.

Eee! I've tentatively noted you down in the CB gold section. Thanks a bunch! And yep, male is right. I see I forgot to make that explicit except with the sprite! Thankfully had it mentioned in the second post of the thread, at least, phew, but that was silly not to mention in the update post. Sorry about that!

 

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I only have a female Dusk from their release day: https://dragcave.net/view/MPWvd XD

Yeah, getting Dusks from the release day is probably easy, but they're unfortunately no use for the Spiral! ^_^ We need female Crimson Flares and male Nilias. Or rather, we need female Crimson Flares more than we need male Nilias, since we do have a candidate for the Nilia component of the Dusk Pygmy.

 

I reckon if we're not going to manage to hit the Dusk Pygmy release date with the Crimson Flares / Nilias (and it's a very small target to hit! So I don't think our chances are very good we'll manage to find perfect candidates) it's not very important from when the Pygmies are. I could offer this random-dated CB Crimson Flare for the pool: https://dragcave.net/view/QYjU5

 

But if we end up going with random dates anyway, I feel like there's all the more reason for it not to be mine. :P What better excuse to get people aboard on the Spiral that've wanted to get into it!

 

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Awesome! @Dracaena, once your Two-Headed pair cooperates, can you send the offspring to purplehaze directly? ❤️

 

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Sweet! I gotcha noted down for the next step, then. Look out for a PM from me in the coming weeks, whenever I pop out the right species! ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

Welp, I just wrote a long-ish post and the forum... didn't give me any error message when I clicked save, but just didn't save?

It did the same to me several weeks ago when I edited a post of mine. Or attempted to, at least. So I'm reasonably sure it's not from the last update, but maybe from the previous ...

 

(also, I just noticed that you cannot delete all the commas ... when one of them is just dirt on the screen XD)

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/20/2019 at 12:20 AM, pinkgothic said:

If anyone has a male CB gold dragon they're miraculously willing to rename for the project, from any time (we're not picky with this one), please pipe up so I can add you to the boss battle firing squad.

I totally just traded my accidental Chicken catch for a Gold that I influenced male so I'm in for the Boss Battle, too! :D

Share this post


Link to post

ROFL If I HAD a CB gold I'd be more than happy - have the required dated hooktalon but you have a volunteer - have plenty of Crimson Flares but not the date...

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/21/2019 at 7:59 PM, Ruby Eyes said:

I totally just traded my accidental Chicken catch for a Gold that I influenced male so I'm in for the Boss Battle, too! :D

Awesome, and congrats! I've noted you down! ^_^

 

12 hours ago, TempestSea said:

ROFL If I HAD a CB gold I'd be more than happy - have the required dated hooktalon but you have a volunteer - have plenty of Crimson Flares but not the date...

^_^ I hear ya on the CB gold. Most people aren't exactly swimming in them, hehe.

 

Re: Crimson Flares, do you have any dates close-ish to the Dusk Pygmy release date, perhaps? :D

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, TempestSea said:

earliest  one I have is from june 12 2011 - old slow comp back then meant no releases for me - later date I have 2014 and 2019  have a male from 5/24/11 https://dragcave.net/view/OF2G

What date's your 2019er from? ^_^ (Asking since Dusk Pygmies came out in 2017, and of the stuff you listed, that's closest.)

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

I bred my little pygmy pair but I see that we are at a temporary impasse :c If we find a Crimson Flare soon let me know, I'll keep this one influenced properly and maybe we can get someone in time. Am in need of name suggestions for this pair, as well as this drake pair. 

 

Also, I've got a female Honey Drake, it looks like we didn't have one for release date. 

Edited by schenanigans

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, schenanigans said:

I bred my little pygmy pair but I see that we are at a temporary impasse :c If we find a Crimson Flare soon let me know, I'll keep this one influenced properly and maybe we can get someone in time.

Yeah; though it's not an impasse so much as that any CB female Crimson Flare would do, really, since we can forget getting a Crimson Flare from the Dusk Pygmy release day. It just makes it a bit awkward, there's no hard criteria what makes a good candidate beyond the unachievable one. XD So really, anyone with female CB Crimson Flares can continue it! @TempestSea has a few Crimson Flares, we could shove the egg her way, or if you want you can give it to me, or @Ruby Eyes, or continue it yourself... throw a rock and see where it lands, maybe? You could basically just single-handedly end the discussion by choosing someone. XD

 

16 minutes ago, schenanigans said:

Am in need of name suggestions for this pair, as well as this drake pair.

For the pygmy pair, possibly something like this or this?

 

Kyanites were based on 1st draft x Halloween 2015 Tanglebracken

Kyanites were once going to be x called Sapphire Pygmies

 

For the drake pair, possibly something like this?

 

Day and Night Glories x came from the Completed List

 

16 minutes ago, schenanigans said:

Also, I've got a female Honey Drake, it looks like we didn't have one for release date. 

Awesome, thanks! I added it to the candidate list. ❤️

Share this post


Link to post

Perfect suggestions, thank you :) Gonna toss this little egg towards TempestSea, get some variety in the breeders in here rather than hog it to myself haha

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/20/2019 at 12:20 AM, pinkgothic said:

Time for a general update post!

 

Regular Dragon Spiral

TCA received a Magi to continue with this Ye Olde Purple dragon. Hopefully, we'll be able to knock several Wow,%20purple%20isn't%20a%20color%20of%2 Purples out of that one, because the next candidate in the spiral is our worst spiral enemy: The Gold dragon. This a boss battle, folks, and you know it.

 

gold_m.png

 

If anyone has a male CB gold dragon they're miraculously willing to rename for the project, from any time (we're not picky with this one), please pipe up so I can add you to the boss battle firing squad. ❤️ At the moment it's just me and Dask. (For the record, I totally understand if no one else wants to come forward, CB golds aren't exactly easy to come by.)

 

Two-Headed Dragon Spiral

Dracaena received a Forest-variant Two-Headed Lindwyrm to continue with a release-day male Hooktalon for The%20surface%20of%20this%20egg%20is%20r Hooktalon offspring. (I don't yet have the link to the Hooktalon in this case.) Next in line:

 

hooktalon_f.png

 

Anyone with a female Hooktalon caught on the 21st of May, 2015, willing to rename their dragon for the project, should probably speak up now, otherwise the Spiral's likely to stay with Dracaena for a while. XD (Nothing wrong with that, for the record! But might not be what you're hoping for if you want to get your foot into that Spiral!)

 

Drake Spiral

pinkgothic (oh my!) failed at her first attempt to knock a This%20striped%20egg%20feels%20moist.gif Glaucus Drake out of Glaucus Drakes were the x first Drakes with dimorphism. She'll be trying again next week, and, if they continue to be stubborn, the week after that, et cetera.

 

glaucus_f.png

 

Meanwhile, anyone with a female Glaucus Drake caught on the 6th of April, 2014 that they're willing to rename for the project and who wants to get in on the Drake fun, speak up now or be forever silent. ;) pinkgothic is going to pass Glaucus offspring of the line to JaneMcAsh if no one else seizes the spot!

 

Pygmy Spiral

schenanigans received a Nilia to breed to a release-day male Kyanite for moreThis%20tiny%20cobalt%20egg%20has%20a%20cKyanite offspring. Since Dusk Pygmies are next in line, but they're hybrids, we get to have our first hybrid Spiral fun!

 

 crimson_flare.pngnilia_m.png

 

As such, we're looking for these tricky targets:

  • female Crimson Flare Pygmy caught on the 25th of June, 2017 (Dusk Pygmy release date), or, in a pinch, from the Crimson Flare release date (21st of May, 2011)
  • male Nilia Pygmy caught on the 25th of June, 2017 (Dusk Pygmy release date) or, in a pinch, from the Nilia Pygmy release date (21st of May, 2011)

We do have a one questionable fallback candidate for the male Nilia (not even release date), but, well, I had the foresight of a goldfish and forgot(/prematurely deleted) who other than Sethiss (whose bab' is already in the Spiral) had a release day Crimson Flare Pygmy, so I currently don't even have any notes for fallback candidates on the Crimson Flare. (I might go back on the thread to try and unearth them tomorrow, if I don't, y'know, forget.)

 

Any takers?

Re the male gold - I have one from the first day they could be purchased in the shop. I actually grinded that day so I would be able to buy it that very day. XD And, yes, I'd be willing to rename it.

Anhow, here's the view link to prove date and market origin: https://dragcave.net/view/KVQm5

Re Hooktalon: My earliest is from May 24th, unfortunately. :( 

Not even close on the pygmy hybrid (neither crimson date works for me).

 

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, olympe said:

Re the male gold - I have one from the first day they could be purchased in the shop. I actually grinded that day so I would be able to buy it that very day. XD And, yes, I'd be willing to rename it.

Anhow, here's the view link to prove date and market origin: https://dragcave.net/view/KVQm5

Re Hooktalon: My earliest is from May 24th, unfortunately. :( 

Not even close on the pygmy hybrid (neither crimson date works for me).

Wow! What a buy! :D (And you just made me realise what a ridiculous amounts of shards I've amassed. XD It's been quite a while since we had that mechanic! I'm still stockpiling.)

 

Thanks for sharing him with us. ❤️ I've put him into the second post as a candidate. Got to admit I'm now rooting for either you or Dask to make the run - Dask just for having the oldest eligible gold, and you because you got yours on a totally different historic date!

 

8 hours ago, olympe said:

Re Hooktalon: My earliest is from May 24th, unfortunately. :( 

Not even close on the pygmy hybrid (neither crimson date works for me).

No worries! Thanks for looking! ^_^

Share this post


Link to post

Just in case you're interested in dragons from later releases - say 2010 and beyond - this is where I can release date dragons:

male nebula: https://dragcave.net/view/8MYG

male and female flamingo: https://dragcave.net/view/8dPChttps://dragcave.net/view/rJrK

2011:

female gold-horned Tangar: https://dragcave.net/view/DCkKq

male and female Lumina: https://dragcave.net/view/ck4h5https://dragcave.net/view/0flrXAC

2012

female Tsunami: https://dragcave.net/view/GZ8qj

male and female Brimstone: https://dragcave.net/view/34SNXhttps://dragcave.net/view/iUEV0

2013

male and female STD: https://dragcave.net/view/k88duhttps://dragcave.net/view/LysRd

male and female Royal Crimson: https://dragcave.net/view/9carghttps://dragcave.net/view/KKHiv

male and female black-capped Teimarr: https://dragcave.net/view/QUuUdhttps://dragcave.net/view/9MLyu

male and female Black Tea: https://dragcave.net/view/0qeDihttps://dragcave.net/view/PE7MV

male and female of each copper: brown: https://dragcave.net/view/CrHhjhttps://dragcave.net/view/mlrjF - green: https://dragcave.net/view/kJLNdhttps://dragcave.net/view/OssAe - rainbow: https://dragcave.net/view/ljm2Jhttps://dragcave.net/view/LLTmc

male and female Seragamma: https://dragcave.net/view/l0jwIhttps://dragcave.net/view/14HF6

male and female Fleschcrowne: https://dragcave.net/view/y9L0Mhttps://dragcave.net/view/BuxXK

male and female Bleeding Moon: https://dragcave.net/view/KBVWuhttps://dragcave.net/view/AMjMJ

Let's stop it here... for now. (I'm getting bored. XD)

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, olympe said:

Just in case you're interested in dragons from later releases - say 2010 and beyond - this is where I can release date dragons: [...]

Thanks for digging into those! I don't even know what the pattern is around (most of) the 2010 releases yet, so I just tacked a link to your post to the very end of the candidate list. XD I super appreciate the research effort!

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/19/2019 at 8:54 PM, pinkgothic said:

Drake Spiral update

Good news: No refusal! Bad news: Wrong species. XD https://dragcave.net/lineage/T6dGE

 

I'll try again next week!

Argh, "no interest" this week, unfortunately! @schenanigans, could you try breeding me another Night Glory from the Day and Night Glories x came from the Completed List, so I can switch up mates? ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, schenanigans said:

No egg was produced this week, will try again next week if you're still having issues ^^

Thanks for giving it a go! I'll give you another shout if they're still being stubborn next week!

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.