pinkgothic

The Release History Of Dragon Cave Spiral

22 minutes ago, blah said:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/XhTd

Still miles off from the original release date but almost a year older than the vine you currently mention in your OP? Let me know if this would help. :) 

Hi, blah! Welcome to the thread! Thanks so much for sharing your oldest vine! I was just about to say "it looks like purplehaze's is a few days older", and then I noticed I'd typoed the year and it's a full year older. Wow, embarrassing on my part! I've fixed the references, but added your vine into the "Cache of potential dragons" (it's still totally valuable in case purplehaze disappears, or stops being interested in the project, etc). ^_^❤️ Thank you so much~

Ah well, it happens. 😅 I really like the project though, starting with Frills I should have most things from their release date. I'll try and keep an eye on this.

4 hours ago, blah said:

Ah well, it happens. 😅 I really like the project though, starting with Frills I should have most things from their release date. I'll try and keep an eye on this.

Awesome! You're far better equipped than I am, I'll let you know. Thanks for checking in!

Were Vampires dimorphic from the get-go? (We currently think so, but we're not sure. This isn't really important, since we can't (with current mechanics) get Vampires into the lineage, and we're probably not going to add trivia about them, but it sure is bugging me.)

@pinkgothic I'm about 99% sure they were dimorphic from the start. 

1 hour ago, Rythen said:

@pinkgothic I'm about 99% sure they were dimorphic from the start. 

Thanks! I'll axe the question from the question list, then. :D

21 hours ago, Newfuzzi said:

Hello, I'm not quite sure how this works or what I would have to do, but I have a female dark green vine that I think is the oldest so far: https://dragcave.net/view/3VTV

:)

Oi! That's one heck of an impressive Vine! ❤️ Thanks for posting! ^_^

What would happen now is this: Once @TCA's pair pops out a White, we'll see if we can get in touch with you. You'd influence the White Dragon male, use Fertility on it or on your Vine, then breed them together until they pop out Vine offspring. Once you have that, you could try reaching out to @TempestSea and give them the offspring. ^_^ Sometime when you feel like it, you'd give your Vine and the White you got from TCA a name, forming a short trivia phrase with their names. (See the Two-Headed Spiral, the Pygmy Spiral or what we have of the Regular Spiral for good examples).

Sound workable?

In either case, thanks so much for offering your help! For now, I've put your Vine into the second post (into the 'cache'). (Let me know if you'd rather it not be in there, for any reason.)

40 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

Oi! That's one heck of an impressive Vine! ❤️ Thanks for posting! ^_^

What would happen now is this: Once @TCA's pair pops out a White, we'll see if we can get in touch with you. You'd influence the White Dragon male, use Fertility on it or on your Vine, then breed them together until they pop out Vine offspring. Once you have that, you could try reaching out to @TempestSea and give them the offspring. ^_^ Sometime when you feel like it, you'd give your Vine and the White you got from TCA a name, forming a short trivia phrase with their names. (See the Two-Headed Spiral, the Pygmy Spiral or what we have of the Regular Spiral for good examples).

Sound workable?

In either case, thanks so much for offering your help! For now, I've put your Vine into the second post (into the 'cache'). (Let me know if you'd rather it not be in there, for any reason.)

Speaking of.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/aTOFx w e w t

2 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

I have a Pink but I've never used it to Influence, I'll try it. I also don't know how to accept an egg from someone else, but if someone can walk me through that I'll try. ^_^

I do not have a Purple so they will have to breed without Fertility unless someone wants to gift me a Purple or wait until I catch and raise one.

I've been away from the game for a long time and most of these cool features came in while I was gone!

29 minutes ago, Newfuzzi said:

I have a Pink but I've never used it to Influence, I'll try it. I also don't know how to accept an egg from someone else, but if someone can walk me through that I'll try. ^_^

I do not have a Purple so they will have to breed without Fertility unless someone wants to gift me a Purple or wait until I catch and raise one.

I've been away from the game for a long time and most of these cool features came in while I was gone!

It's really easy, I'll send you a link to take the egg, and if you have a MALE pink you can use it to influence. If you don't, I can hatch this for you and then send it, already influenced.

10 minutes ago, TCA said:

It's really easy, I'll send you a link to take the egg, and if you have a MALE pink you can use it to influence. If you don't, I can hatch this for you and then send it, already influenced.

Aha! My pink is Male, I have room to take eggs, so I can try this whenever it is convenient, TCA. :)

I have snagged TCA's white egg. I usually wait overnight before putting eggs in clicksites to avoid sickness; I'll Influence him and put him in tomorrow to start getting views.

8 hours ago, Newfuzzi said:

I just bred one, I'll hatch it and then send it to you, so it will be grown up in time for you to use its BSA for the first time :)

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I just bred one, I'll hatch it and then send it to you, so it will be grown up in time for you to use its BSA for the first time :)

:)

22 hours ago, TCA said:

Speaking of.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/aTOFx w e w t

OMG! Hawt! Sweet deal. :D Glad they cooperated!

20 hours ago, Newfuzzi said:

I see other people are already helping you out, but even outside of this breeding project, I'd be happy to raise several batches of BSA hatchlings for you, if you're not opposed. ❤️ I'll send you a PM.

12 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Thanks so much for pitching in, Ruby! ❤️

We have a two headed egg!  Going from the front page I think this should be sent to Ruby Eyes, correct?

Hey guys, I'm not really following this thread closely, but.... I mentioned it to my daughter and she said she'd be happy to help out if she can, and if it isn't too complicated since she doesn't really play anymore.

She joined in 2008 and only collected CB, mostly ON the release date. Here is a link to her scroll if you want to take a look. Feel free to post here if you want her to breed anything to help out.

https://dragcave.net/user/replica

1 hour ago, Dracaena said:

We have a two headed egg!  Going from the front page I think this should be sent to Ruby Eyes, correct?

Awesome news! And yes! Ruby Eyes is next. ❤️

39 minutes ago, Tawanda001 said:

Hey guys, I'm not really following this thread closely, but.... I mentioned it to my daughter and she said she'd be happy to help out if she can, and if it isn't too complicated since she doesn't really play anymore.

She joined in 2008 and only collected CB, mostly ON the release date. Here is a link to her scroll if you want to take a look. Feel free to post here if you want her to breed anything to help out.

https://dragcave.net/user/replica

Ooh, that's really exciting. I'm going to have to sift through that scroll and pick out a few dragons to add to the cache lists as soon as I'm able (unless someone wants to do prep work for me and find some lovely candidates and collect them in a post,). ^_^ Thanks for the help, you two!

@pinkgothic Alright, the male Nillia that I got has all grown up now and is ready for breeding.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/XDzcz

Am I to breed him with this Seawyrm?

https://dragcave.net/lineage/lSIQ

And I'm supposed to rename my Seawyrm to something too, right? Also, what species do you want, Seawyrm or Nillia? I'm guessing Seawyrm?

Aw, nevermind.

Welp.

Edited by KenKazaki2

24 minutes ago, KenKazaki2 said:

@pinkgothic Alright, the male Nillia that I got has all grown up now and is ready for breeding.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/XDzcz

Am I to breed him with this Seawyrm?

https://dragcave.net/lineage/lSIQ

And I'm supposed to rename my Seawyrm to something too, right? Also, what species do you want, Seawyrm or Nillia? I'm guessing Seawyrm?

Awesome, thanks for the update! That seawyrm's right. Remember to use Fertility to drastically reduce the chance of a refusal. ^_^

Naming your seawyrm is up to you! Pick some Seawyrm, pygmy or Dragon Cave trivia you think would be neat to mention and then see if you can squeeze it into a short phrase to split over those two dragons. (For example, for Seawyrms, the fact the artist refers to them as Sea Glories might be a fun little piece of trivia. But it really is up to you~)

46 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

Awesome, thanks for the update! That seawyrm's right. Remember to use Fertility to drastically reduce the chance of a refusal. ^_^

Naming your seawyrm is up to you! Pick some Seawyrm, pygmy or Dragon Cave trivia you think would be neat to mention and then see if you can squeeze it into a short phrase to split over those two dragons. (For example, for Seawyrms, the fact the artist refers to them as Sea Glories might be a fun little piece of trivia. But it really is up to you~)

I'm having terrible luck with refusal lately, I've been gone for so long that I forgot that it's a thing. >_<

I'm going to have to ask for another, they refused to go near each other.

10 hours ago, KenKazaki2 said:

I'm having terrible luck with refusal lately, I've been gone for so long that I forgot that it's a thing. >_<

I'm going to have to ask for another, they refused to go near each other.

Yikes! Despite Fertility? (Or you forgot to use Fertility this time, too?) Just asking to help myself gauge how common Fertility failures are.

Either way, I guess there's nothing we can do about it except ask @schenanigans to try for another Nilia. :) *gently boops schenanigans* Can you try again at next opportunity? ❤️

On 4/16/2019 at 6:27 PM, pinkgothic said:

^_^ Sometime when you feel like it, you'd give your Vine and the White you got from TCA a name, forming a short trivia phrase with their names. (See the Two-Headed Spiral, the Pygmy Spiral or what we have of the Regular Spiral for good examples).

Can someone give me suggestions for name pairs for my Vine and the new White? :)

4 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

Yikes! Despite Fertility? (Or you forgot to use Fertility this time, too?) Just asking to help myself gauge how common Fertility failures are.

Either way, I guess there's nothing we can do about it except ask @schenanigans to try for another Nilia. :) *gently boops schenanigans* Can you try again at next opportunity? ❤️

Yeah, I didn't use Fertility since I don't have that many Purples and I breed before reading that it would lower the chance of rejection. 😧

Like I said, I forgot that it was a thing and that there was a way to possibly attempt to prevent it.

Thanks, I feel really sad that it happened. :(