pinkgothic

The Release History Of Dragon Cave Spiral

1 hour ago, Newfuzzi said:

Can someone give me suggestions for name pairs for my Vine and the new White? :)

Hmm! Possibly something along these lines?

"Original Vines were a recoloured" x "Dragon Pod from Final Fantasy V"

"Whites' BSA Ward was added" x "on their 11th anniversary"

"A Vine's alt status used to" x "determine the colour of the egg"

"Vines' two elemental affinities" x "express their destructive nature"

55 minutes ago, KenKazaki2 said:

Yeah, I didn't use Fertility since I don't have that many Purples and I breed before reading that it would lower the chance of rejection. 😧

Like I said, I forgot that it was a thing and that there was a way to possibly attempt to prevent it.

Thanks, I feel really sad that it happened. :(

Aah, I getcha! Thanks for letting me know - and don't worry about it! Mistakes happen and this one should be easy enough to fix. ❤️

On 4/16/2019 at 6:27 PM, pinkgothic said:

You'd influence the White Dragon male, use Fertility on it or on your Vine, then breed them together until they pop out Vine offspring. Once you have that, you could try reaching out to @TempestSea and give them the offspring. ^_^

The White has grown up and I am ready to try breeding the pair in hopes of a Vine offspring. I have reached out to @TempestSea to make sure they are ready to receive any such offspring. Will keep you all posted!

:)

19 hours ago, Newfuzzi said:

The White has grown up and I am ready to try breeding the pair in hopes of a Vine offspring. I have reached out to @TempestSea to make sure they are ready to receive any such offspring. Will keep you all posted!

Awesome, thanks very much for keeping us in the loop!

10 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

"The green Two-headed Lindwyrm" x "was designed as a spriter's alt", maybe? Though I guess that may be better-suited for the parents, even though there's no green variant two-headed lindwyrm there. XD

Or "Forest Two-headed Lindwyrms were" x "initially rarer than the Alpines" might be a nice one, given the Forest/Alpine dichotomy is right in your pair.

Or "Two-headed Lindwyrms first also" x "dropped in the Coast and Jungle".

What I tend to do to try and find names is trudge through the release thread (assuming it still exists - given the forum nuking from ages ago, early threads are effectively just lost, after all), and/or the species' wiki page (sometimes the page history, if I dimly recall there being some kind of trivia in the article in the past), and then just try and extract trivia from that. There's usually something of note (just think of the gazillion glitches that happened throughout Dragon Cave releases). ^_^

5 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

"The green Two-headed Lindwyrm" x "was designed as a spriter's alt", maybe? Though I guess that may be better-suited for the parents, even though there's no green variant two-headed lindwyrm there. XD

Or "Forest Two-headed Lindwyrms were" x "initially rarer than the Alpines" might be a nice one, given the Forest/Alpine dichotomy is right in your pair.

Or "Two-headed Lindwyrms first also" x "dropped in the Coast and Jungle".

What I tend to do to try and find names is trudge through the release thread (assuming it still exists - given the forum nuking from ages ago, early threads are effectively just lost, after all), and/or the species' wiki page (sometimes the page history, if I dimly recall there being some kind of trivia in the article in the past), and then just try and extract trivia from that. There's usually something of note (just think of the gazillion glitches that happened throughout Dragon Cave releases). ^_^

The unnamed parents are mine.  There is such a wealth of trivia with these dragons I'm not sure what is best to incorporate and wanted to leave things open to coordinate with the rest of the breed dragons. (actually I am brain dead :P)  I would like to see mention of the green originally intended as the spriter's alt with halloween submission.  I had forgotten about the forest ones being harder to catch initally.  For a visual clue, the banner for the release thread only shows the blue egg. https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/153111-2013-08-04-two-headed-madness/  There are so many goodies listed on the wiki page https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Two-headed_Lindwyrm including the various spelling/sorting changes, the mention of multiple moons, the spriter commenting the description had changed without their knowledge.  *throws the ball out to see what happens*

Edited by Dracaena

6 hours ago, Dracaena said:

The unnamed parents are mine.

Yup! I know. :) Sorry if it sounded otherwise. The point of their mention was to give Ruby a reason to consider instead letting you use the first set of suggested names. XD

The White and Vine produced a White egg. I think this is not useful for the Spiral, so I will abandon it unless someone has a different idea.

Will try for a Vine after the parents cool down.

23 hours ago, Newfuzzi said:

The White and Vine produced a White egg. I think this is not useful for the Spiral, so I will abandon it unless someone has a different idea.

Will try for a Vine after the parents cool down.

If you still have it and don't want it, I like collecting the project rejects. :D Toss 'ere! (And thanks for the update!)

Edit: Got it! Thanks! ❤️

Edited by pinkgothic

On 4/18/2019 at 11:54 PM, Tawanda001 said:

Hey guys, I'm not really following this thread closely, but.... I mentioned it to my daughter and she said she'd be happy to help out if she can, and if it isn't too complicated since she doesn't really play anymore.

She joined in 2008 and only collected CB, mostly ON the release date. Here is a link to her scroll if you want to take a look. Feel free to post here if you want her to breed anything to help out.

https://dragcave.net/user/replica

Thanks again for the nudge you gave us about this, @Tawanda001 - I've added three of replica's dragons to the main spiral cache for now. I think we'll be busy trying to knock dragons out of that cache backlog for a while, so I haven't yet scoured the scroll beyond it! I hope I'll remember to come back to it when we're getting into more recent years. ❤️ Really appreciate the help, in either case!

I've updated the first and second posts, making the following changes:

• added some of replica's babs to the main spiral cache
  • added some of my CB metallics to the main spiral cache (mostly as solid fallbacks, the dates are unremarkable)
  • bumped the main spiral sprite section along, added Newfuzzi to the pair list
  • bumped the two-headed spiral sprite section along, added Ruby Eyes to the pair list

Here's a status update for those who don't check back to the first posts (e.g. 'cause they prefer notifications in their inbox ❤️) :

Main / Regular Release Lineage

Newfuzzi is trying to knock a vine out of Vines' Elemental Affinities x Express Their Destructive Nature. Meanwhile, if anyone has...

magi.png

...a male Magi older than 2008-08-13 and is willing to rename the bab for the project, give us a shout!

Two-Headed Release Lineage

Ruby Eyes is trying to knock a dragon out of (lq614) (CH4wk). Meanwhile, if anyone has...

two-headed_lindwurm_(alt)_f.png

...a female green/Forest Two-headed Lindwyrm caught on the 4th of August, 2013, would be willing to rename the dragon for the project, and really wants to be part of the spiral, give us a shout! (We've already got matching candidates, but we like spreading the love around.)

Pygmy Release Lineage

schenanigans is trying to knock another Nilia out of (mC1zL) x (Ipp9) for KenKazaki2, due to a refusal we've had. That said, Ken's Seawyrm is not a release date Seawyrm, so if anyone has...

seawyrm_f.png

...a female Seawyrm Pygmy caught on the 21st of May, 2011 and would be willing to rename the dragon for the project, please give us a shout! ❤️

9 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

Thanks again for the nudge you gave us about this, @Tawanda001 - I've added three of replica's dragons to the main spiral cache for now. I think we'll be busy trying to knock dragons out of that cache backlog for a while, so I haven't yet scoured the scroll beyond it! I hope I'll remember to come back to it when we're getting into more recent years. ❤️ Really appreciate the help, in either case!

Sure just give me a nudge or post here whenever you're ready.

20 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

Ruby Eyes is trying to knock a dragon out of (lq614) (CH4wk).

Will do once I have room again XD

Also, at least 1 pair of the new Pygmy release has been caught on release day :lol:

On 4/27/2019 at 5:23 PM, TempestSea said:

And if anyone has name suggestions I'd be happy to have em...

For the Vine x Magi pair, I'm guessing? ❤️

Maybe something like "The original Magi sprite was" x "a recoloured E Dragon from BoF"?

12 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Will do once I have room again XD

Also, at least 1 pair of the new Pygmy release has been caught on release day :lol:

Excellent. ^_^ (Same here!) When they're grown up, feel free to mention their codes here; I'll slap 'em into the cache!

2 hours ago, Newfuzzi said:

SUCCESS!

Awesome! That was quick.

Also: That time when you hope the vine won't alt. XD

sorry dear - I'm here and ready :)

edit caught and hatched and named :)

Edited by TempestSea

12 hours ago, TempestSea said:

Cool! Spiral coming along nicely ^_^

20 hours ago, TempestSea said:

sorry dear - I'm here and ready :)

Thanks so much for the update! ❤️

That said, forgive me a bout of paranoia prompted by the name - did you influence the lil' one male? 😅 It should be female to continue the spiral.

58 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

Thanks so much for the update! ❤️

That said, forgive me a bout of paranoia prompted by the name - did you influence the lil' one male? 😅 It should be female to continue the spiral.

For my part, I didn't influence the egg either way--I didn't know it would matter! I also didn't bother with Fertility BSA this time around, so this was a natural breeding.

10 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

As does colour. It's not easy being blue when you should have been green. Anyone want this colourfail?

https://dragcave.net/teleport/6881b960940261d12642085d2851b543

I grabbed it; thank you! ❤️

20 hours ago, Newfuzzi said:

For my part, I didn't influence the egg either way--I didn't know it would matter! I also didn't bother with Fertility BSA this time around, so this was a natural breeding.

Fertility is really just important the first time you breed a pair, to prevent a refusal. ^_^

You hatched the egg on your scroll before you gave it to Tempest? :) In that case, I guess we'll just have to hope the vine genders right, and if it's a genderfail, re-breed. No biggie! Thanks for the heads-up.

1 hour ago, TempestSea said:

The little egg arrived on my scroll and precoged male so I incuhatched it...

Awwwwww. @pinkgothic, @TempestSea, I'll try for a re-breed in a week or so. Can anybody hook me up with a female Pink so I can Influence the new one? I don't have a female Pink, only a male.

I can breed and hatch one, will take some days though (the AP doesn't seem to offer one right now)

@TempestSea Are you short on female Pinks, too?

Edited by Ruby Eyes