pinkgothic

The Release History Of Dragon Cave Spiral

2 hours ago, Dracaena said:

Update on 2-head line.  The pair produced an egg but it's wrong breed (green opal).  Anyone want it?

Nabbed it! Hope no one minds that I keep hoarding these. XD

On 7/27/2019 at 1:03 AM, schenanigans said:

No egg was produced this week, will try again next week if you're still having issues ^^

;_; They had no interest in each other again, alas. Give it another shot? (Remember, Night Glories depend on time of day they were bred - mentioning mostly because I know I sure as hell would be scatter-brained enough to forget!)

@pinkgothic @schenanigans

sorry worked a lot this week and missed this discussion - am I still needed or is it taken care of? Going to sleep now - been up some 20 hours and will check back in the morning

9 hours ago, TempestSea said:

@pinkgothic @schenanigans

sorry worked a lot this week and missed this discussion - am I still needed or is it taken care of? Going to sleep now - been up some 20 hours and will check back in the morning

The dragon grew up on schenanigans' scroll, they can continue it on their scroll, though, so no worries. :) Sorry to hear you're having a stressful time. I hope it clears up for you soon!

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

The dragon grew up on schenanigans' scroll, they can continue it on their scroll, though, so no worries. :) Sorry to hear you're having a stressful time. I hope it clears up for you soon!

I actually don't have a crimson flare from either date 😧 so I'll rebreed this pair.  No egg this week though. 

Edited by schenanigans

1 hour ago, schenanigans said:

I actually don't have a crimson flare from either date 😧 so I'll rebreed this pair.  No egg this week though. 

No, it's fine! Any crimson flare will do, as per this post:

It entered my scatterbrained head to try breeding the two headed dragons this afternoon.  We have a hooktalon egg! OO0Rd  Message with transfer link has been sent to purplehaze. 

27 minutes ago, Dracaena said:

It entered my scatterbrained head to try breeding the two headed dragons this afternoon.  We have a hooktalon egg! OO0Rd  Message with transfer link has been sent to purplehaze. 

Awesome! Thanks for the update!

22 hours ago, Dracaena said:

I finally had room and have picked up the egg. It is to be influenced male and bred with my CB female, correct?

Oof. Magi again.

23 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I finally had room and have picked up the egg. It is to be influenced male and bred with my CB female, correct?

Exactly right! ❤️ Thanks for the update!

21 minutes ago, TCA said:

Oof. Magi again.

Aw, nuts! Do you want @TempestSea to try getting you another Magi so you can switch up mates?

Nah, we're getting eggs, the ratios are just off.

Posted (edited)

Well in that case I got a little Crimson Flare ^^ I DONT have any more Male Nilias though so who shall I pass this one off to? 

(Also happy to take name suggestions again)

Edited by schenanigans

51 minutes ago, schenanigans said:

Well in that case I got a little Crimson Flare ^^ I DONT have any more Male Nilias though so who shall I pass this one off to?

Try reaching @KenKazaki2 via PM! ^_^

51 minutes ago, schenanigans said:

(Also happy to take name suggestions again)

Well, the somewhat obscure Kyanites were based on 1st draft x Halloween 2015 Tanglebracken option is still open. ^_^

Some obvious Dusk Pygmy trivia might be:

Dusk Pygmies were the x first hybrid pygmies on DC

Also, re: https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/184423-the-release-history-of-dragon-cave-spiral/?do=findComment&comment=9855151 - did your Drake pair not give you an egg this week either, or haven't you managed to try yet? ❤️

4 hours ago, TCA said:

Nah, we're getting eggs, the ratios are just off.

Hmm. I do think some pairs may be biased toward one species, though? See for example these red dorsals' progeny from the time I was trying to get a red dorsal from a sunstone x red dorsal and was breeding both regularly: Sinopian x Akshabeque versus Sangrian x Gunhash. (Notice also how Sinopian did end up producing a Dorsal with Gunhash at some point, as opposed to with Akshabeque.)

I don't know, what's your experience? I guess there's a chance that was just a run of phenomenal bad luck.

6 minutes ago, KenKazaki2 said:

@pinkgothic Oh yeah, you want a female Crimson Flare to breed with https://dragcave.net/lineage/lv26, right? What names/facts are you thinking of?

(Also, if the breeding works, what species are you looking for?)

Exactly. ^_^ The critter you should try to knock out of that pair is a Dusk Pygmy! The parent names, since we don't have CBs from the Dusk Pygmy release date feeding into the spiral, should probably be something like Dusk Pygmies were released x on the 25th of June 2017 or something else that makes the release date apparent. ❤️

Posted (edited)

On 7/26/2019 at 10:13 PM, pinkgothic said:

Argh, "no interest" this week, unfortunately!

Third "no interest" in a row. As a heads-up, I won't breed them again exactly next week; I'll try to organise a replacement Night Glory Drake with schenanigans before the next breeding, since these two apparently practically hate each other.

(Edit: Earliest I'd be able to breed them, going by when schenanigans last tried to replace the stubborn Drake, adding a week, and then working out when that critter would reach adulthood, is the 21st.)

Edited by pinkgothic

42 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

Exactly. ^_^ The critter you should try to knock out of that pair is a Dusk Pygmy! The parent names, since we don't have CBs from the Dusk Pygmy release date feeding into the spiral, should probably be something like Dusk Pygmies were released x on the 25th of June 2017 or something else that makes the release date apparent. ❤️

Thanks for the names, also, gotcha, I just used Fertility on lv26 (named 'Dusk Pygmies were released'), so here's hoping when that female Crimson Flare grows up!

(Hey, btw, is the thing where if you wait to breed the chances of it being successful increases true and by how much for how long? :D)

Posted (edited)

50 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I have the next egg for the Two-head line. https://dragcave.net/lineage/puo1J  Naming help for the parents would be greatly appreciated!

Hmm, possibly one of these?

Hooktalon behaviour was x modelled after Hyenas

[source]

These and other 9th Birthday x Dragons flooded for 48 hours

[source]

50 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I do have a male Nexus with the requisite stolen date https://dragcave.net/lineage/l73QC  so I could keep it and breed to him, or pass it along to -- who? Dracaena? -- for the next step.

Sweet! And yep! That means Dracaena and you get to fight it out. :) (I have no preference. ❤️)

Edit:

On 8/9/2019 at 11:30 PM, KenKazaki2 said:

(Hey, btw, is the thing where if you wait to breed the chances of it being successful increases true and by how much for how long? :D)

Hmm, I honestly don't know. Personally, I haven't noticed any rise in fertility based on when a pair was first bred after growing up. I have noticed a drop in fertility if they're bred repeatedly, though I never was able to determine when it resets (I just switch up mates if it gets too bad, or leave 'em alone for a month if that's absolutely not an option).

Edited by pinkgothic

3 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

Sweet! And yep! That means Dracaena and you get to fight it out. :) (I have no preference. ❤️)

Well if it is okay with @Dracaena I will hold on to this one and then pass the next gen to her, since it looks like she will have a mate for that one, too. :)

6 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Well if it is okay with @Dracaena I will hold on to this one and then pass the next gen to her, since it looks like she will have a mate for that one, too. :)

Works for me. :)

19 minutes ago, Dracaena said:

Works for me. :)

Sounds like we have a plan then. 👍