pinkgothic

The Release History Of Dragon Cave Spiral

6 hours ago, KenKazaki2 said:

@pinkgothic Oh man, I breed them first thing and look what I got:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/Zdky7

Perfect~

Who do I send it to?

Sweet news!

As to where to send it to, this depends a bit. My notes suggest JaneMcAsh, for continuation with a release-date Red-Tailed Wyrm. But Dusk pygmies do have dimorphism, so I'm wondering how to work that in.

To be fair, I suppose there's nothing stopping us from trying to get a Dusk pygmy out of the Dusk x Red-Tailed Wyrm pairing; but I don't know if that's too much of a break from the previous pattern.

@all, any thoughts?

On 8/13/2019 at 10:22 AM, pinkgothic said:

@all, any thoughts?

I reckon if no one has a contrary opinion, I'll take the eggo and try to churn out another Dusk Pygmy from whatever I pair it with. ^_^ Then we rearrange the rest of the spiral  male-/femaleness to suit.

Any objections?

8 hours ago, KenKazaki2 said:

@pinkgothic Alright, I send the egg to you, right? I'll put the teleport link in our PMs if you say yes. :D

Yes, please!

(I need a few hours to be able to pick it up, but I will! ❤️)

6 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Bred the Hooktalon x Nexus pair, but got a Hooktalon. https://dragcave.net/lineage/9wDPs

Are you collecting the wrong-breed ones, @pinkgothic?

I'm definitely always happy to take them! ❤️ I don't want to take the fun away from anyone else, though, so if someone else wants it for a change, just shout. (I'm happy to take it off your scroll either way, be it in the interim or to keep!)

1 hour ago, pinkgothic said:

I'm definitely always happy to take them! ❤️ I don't want to take the fun away from anyone else, though, so if someone else wants it for a change, just shout. (I'm happy to take it off your scroll either way, be it in the interim or to keep!)

Okay. I'm going to send it along to you and if anyone else speaks up you can pass it along. I didn't want to AP it, but space on my scroll is always scarce.

Drake Spiral update: schenanigans just kindly bred me a second Night Glory to try with my Glaucus. For this reason, I'm not breeding my Glaucus today, but will instead try closer to when the Night Glory grows up. ^_^

Pygmy Spiral update: Not much to say about this for my part of the spiral, the Dusk Pygmy is serenely on its way to growing up. That said, I updated the second post's cache notes (but chose not to remove anything unfitting from the cache for now, in the unlikely case it might become relevant in e.g. another hybrid before we're caught up to releases).

My pair, dragons with Fertility willing, will be The Dusk Pygmy egg cracking x sequence was glitched at first. I'll try to pop out another Dusk Pygmy. When I'm done with that, we're looking for male Red-Tailed Wyrm caught on the 22nd of April, 2018.

red-tailed_wyrm.png

...although it turns out I actually have one, hah! But as usual, I essentially prefer if it's not me continuing the spiral, I want to spread the looove~. So let me know if you've got a candidate!

1 hour ago, pinkgothic said:

My pair, dragons with Fertility willing, will be The Dusk Pygmy egg cracking x sequence was glitched at first. I'll try to pop out another Dusk Pygmy. When I'm done with that, we're looking for male Red-Tailed Wyrm caught on the 22nd of April, 2018.

red-tailed_wyrm.png

...although it turns out I actually have one, hah! But as usual, I essentially prefer if it's not me continuing the spiral, I want to spread the looove~. So let me know if you've got a candidate!

I do have one of those if it is needed. https://dragcave.net/lineage/jJAoP

By the way, I could use naming ideas again for the Nexus x Hooktalon pair when I get the right egg from them. Not sure if it should reference the Nexus or the Hooktalon.

38 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I do have one of those if it is needed. https://dragcave.net/lineage/jJAoP

By the way, I could use naming ideas again for the Nexus x Hooktalon pair when I get the right egg from them. Not sure if it should reference the Nexus or the Hooktalon.

Added that to the first post! ❤️

Re: names, phew, this is a tough one. Possibly something like this?

Nexuses were the first 2-Headeds x with a custom cracking sequence

(Hooktalon trivia is fine, though, for the record!)

Edited by pinkgothic

On 8/19/2019 at 2:29 PM, Ruby Eyes said:

Want one of my coins? XD

Tempting. XD (In this case, I gave the bab' to purplehaze, though.)

In other news, I popped out a Drake:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/ukkMj

But it's the wrong kinda Drake (should be a Glaucus, the naughty thing).

If anyone wants it, lemme know. ^_^ I'll try again next week.

I have a Nexus egg. I believe that goes back to Dracaena now? Correct?

https://dragcave.net/lineage/foosZ  Love the code!

Also a Red-Tailed Wyrm. https://dragcave.net/lineage/aXysi  (I ended up swapping to a different male, same stolen date -- realized I had used the other in a lineage that I didn't want to rename.)

Who gets that one? Naming ideas needed again. The length of the breed name for the Wyrms is kind of limiting! I was thinking of saying something about the glitched cracking sequence during the release, but everything I can think of has too many letters!

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

I have a Nexus egg. I believe that goes back to Dracaena now? Correct?

https://dragcave.net/lineage/foosZ  Love the code!

Thanks for the update! That's a lovely code. :D And yep, you nailed it! Dracaena's next.

3 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Also a Red-Tailed Wyrm. https://dragcave.net/lineage/aXysi  (I ended up swapping to a different male, same stolen date -- realized I had used the other in a lineage that I didn't want to rename.)

Who gets that one?

Awesome! @JaneMcAsh is the right one for the Mimics that are next in line! :)

3 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Naming ideas needed again. The length of the breed name for the Wyrms is kind of limiting! I was thinking of saying something about the glitched cracking sequence during the release, but everything I can think of has too many letters!

Maybe "Red-Tailed Wyrms were Fogballs x when they were first cracking"? (reference) ^_^

And "Nexus were the first Two-Headeds x with a custom cracking sequence"?

Thanks! I've sent transfer links off to the new owners. :)

3 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

Maybe "Red-Tailed Wyrms were Fogballs x when they were first cracking"? (reference) ^_^

And "Nexus were the first Two-Headeds x with a custom cracking sequence"?

Those work for me.  Better than I was doing. I never thought 32 characters was so limiting until now! XD

Sweet! ❤️

I'll take the opportunity to write another general update post (and oh my gosh I found so many small errors in the second post from my last hasty update, I'm just going to crawl under a rock and die from shame XD brb).

Regular Dragon Spiral

@TCA is still trying to battle a Purple out of this Ye Olde Purple dragon and the Magi mate. At this point in time, I feel reasonably confident that once we start getting purples for the firing squad, we're pretty well equipped to handle the male CB gold boss battle (having five marvellously prissy, ultra-shiny princes vying for continuation of the line), but nonetheless, if you have a male CB gold and want to join the epic struggle, let me know!

gold_m.png

Two-Headed Dragon Spiral

The pair (foosZ) (QsCkn) will hopefully like each other on @Dracaena's scroll and pop out a Nexus to complete that step. Beyond said step, we need all the Baikalae, all from the 17th of July, 2017!

baikala_(blue)_m.pngbaikala_(blue)_f.pngbaikala_(green)_m.pngbaikala_(green)_f.png

...and my notes are full of Dracaena, and as far as I'm concerned, Dracaena gets to solo-grind this section if no one takes the line away from her. XD But seriously, speak up if you have a candidate!

However, important: If your male blue CB Baikala is not from the Jungle, I ask you let Dracaena field that one, because that is some sweet freebie trivia (/ trivia proof). ❤️❤️❤️

Drake Spiral

My Glaucus Drake is still being stubborn, but I can switch up mates now, so hopefully he will pop out a Glaucus soon! We're firmly set for the immediate next step (purplehaze will contribute the lady Glaucus to the line!), but the ones immediately after are totally still negotiable:

howler_m.pnghowler_f.png

We're looking for Howler Drakes caught on the 6th of April, 2014! We've got some, so it's not critical, but that's where people can weasel in if they like. :)

Pygmy Spiral

Can I just take a moment to say you people are amazing, we are almost caught up with this one! ❤️ At 18 completed spiral steps, I am seriously impressed! And, given the rate we're tackling this at, I'm actually going to slightly cheat here, look ahead a tiny bit and just highlight the things we don't have any cached candidates yet to complete the spiral:

mariner.png kovos.png

We're looking for a female CB Mariner Pygmy caught on the 27th of April, 2019, and a male CB Kovos Pygmy caught on the 21st of May, 2019! Those are definitely still needed - we have no candidates for these. They are not up next, but they are probably just around the corner! ;)

Of course, there are still some other steps to consider in the spiral, so check out the second post of this thread if you want to see where you can weasel your scroll into the project. To spare you the look-up, these three are immediately next in line:

mimic_m.pngpipio_f.pngpipio_m.png

Just now, TCA said:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/BZRw8

\o/

Whoooo's taking this off my hands to start the boss rush?

YESSSS! Fabulous! I'm so glad to see that worked out this time! ❤️ See if you can reach @Dask?

For as long as it doesn't bore you, please try popping out more purples from that pair for the rest of the boss battlers. :D (Until someone pops out a gold, of course!)

And thanks so much for the update!

Dask hasn't responded--can anyone else take the purple?

3 hours ago, TCA said:

Dask hasn't responded--can anyone else take the purple?

Yes!