TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

Just now, Husky51 said:

I read another post, in the Help area, about a BSA called 'Stun' that adds ? an hour to the incubation and prevent any views for 2 days, If I've read it right...  

Could this have any bearing on the 'Purple' question...

Stun only works on hatchlings, so no.

I wouldn't be shocked if the thread became locked before anyone got a purple. It's usually a few days after TJ's grow up that the release thread gets locked, so it should be happening pretty soon. At least somebody else already opened another thread regarding theories for getting all the Siyats, so we have that to fall back on if this indeed closes before anyone gets a purple.

I suppose this will close soon, so thanks again, TJ  and spriters.   It has certainly been interesting.

Just now, Husky51 said:

I read another post, in the Help area, about a BSA called 'Stun' that adds ? an hour to the incubation and prevent any views for 2 days, If I've read it right...  

Could this have any bearing on the 'Purple' question...

Stun only works on hatchies...;)

Just now, Kaini said:

Stun only works on hatchlings, so no.

Thank you...  It was an idea...

2 minutes ago, Imzadi said:

I suppose this will close soon, so thanks again, TJ  and spriters.   It has certainly been interesting.

The thread's closing soon? 😕 Dangit. I was hoping we would find out about purples before then.

Regardless, thanks again TJ and spriters for the wonderful new dragons! :D Agreeing with Imzadi, this has really been an interesting release. Honestly kinda entertaining, too lmbo

edit: @angelicdragonpuppy honestly wondering the same, but I've never followed a release discussion all the way up to it closing, so I don't know how this works.

Edited by Toasttt

I hatched a blue one, normal hatch right at 4 days - no incubation. So the 2-3 days thing is not exactly right. I incubated 3, got 3 greens. Didn't incubate one - hatched normal and it's blue. 

Everyone's curiouser and curiouser in respect to the Purple's, but other than that, Thanks again TJ and all of the others responsible for this drop...c

4 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Why would mods close an active thread before people know how to get all the released breeds?

I'm (personally) not in a huge hurry to close it until it's not relevant anymore, so. That's usually when things grow up but in this case ???

Mods usually close the threads when users start getting adults. But then again there is usually no more to discover at that point. In this case . . .

Just now, Arkee said:

It'd be sad to see it close before we see some purple babies.

^ This. Honestly, it would be nice for the thread to stay open until we at least figure out how purples are acquired, since we're all kinda working together to figure it out. At least, I'd like to THINK we're working together.

12 minutes ago, Cheystar said:

I hatched a blue one, normal hatch right at 4 days - no incubation. So the 2-3 days thing is not exactly right. I incubated 3, got 3 greens. Didn't incubate one - hatched normal and it's blue. 

It's only 2-3 days if you incubate. So unless I read incorrectly that is normal according to the current theory.

Just now, MiserablePileOfSecrets said:

so does anyone have some first hour drop eggs to still hatch and check for purple?

I have an hour and a bit to go before I can give it a try.

Just now, Kaini said:

I have an hour and a bit to go before I can give it a try.

Oh I hope it works... Are you going to be awake to unfog/hatch it when it goes below time?

Yep I vote for keeping this thread open til the purples are figured out.  

I am waiting to see any results from any eggs hatching that were caught in first release

2 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

Oh I hope it works... Are you going to be awake to unfog/hatch it when it goes below time?

I'LL TRY... I do have work tomorrow but the tension is killing me.

I'm fairly confident that we'll start getting purples in the next few hours. Or at least, I hope so. I really thought we'd get them this time yesterday -_-

1 minute ago, 49ER said:

Yep I vote for keeping this thread open til the purples are figured out.  

I am waiting to see any results from any eggs hatching that were caught in first release

Agreed. I don't want to wait until the wiki page is up to know how to get my purples.