TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

Blue is the new green, haha.

Still laughing / crying about TJ’s now-ironic comment about this release “making up for lost time!” What a troll. X’)

5 minutes ago, Amazon_warrior said:

I would advise caution with Siyats between 3d and 2d (no incubate) or between 2d and 1d (with incubate).  I had one I tested this morning, it was 1d22h with incubate, and it hatched blue.  I was most annoyed.  :s  The next one to try is currently at 1d9h, it'll get shoved in a bunch of ERs once it's below 1d!

oh lordy, really? =.=

1 minute ago, Amazon_warrior said:

@Sirithiliel - 'fraid so.  :(  I was really hoping it might be a glitch and it should have been purple, but... seems not.

errggh...well i still plan to hatch my egg on saturday when it's 1 day x hours (not incubated), maybe it'll be different since your egg was incubated?

1 minute ago, Sirithiliel said:

errggh...well i still plan to hatch my egg on saturday when it's 1 day x hours (not incubated), maybe it'll be different since your egg was incubated?

That seems a reasonable assumption - fingers crossed for you!  :)  Obviously I'll post here (and surely others will too) once I've seen how my oldest eggie hatches tomorrow.

I feel like we’re a colony of penguins huddled around a cliff side, watching the first suckers jump in to see if they get eaten by leopard seals or survive, haha.

1 minute ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I feel like we’re a colony of penguins huddled around a cliff side, watching the first suckers jump in to see if they get eaten by leopard seals or survive, haha.

XD Very apt image!

But I really can't do anything but watch right now, unless I want more green hatchies. My eggs are not even into the blue range, yet.

I have two eggs at 1 day 5 hours (incubated). I'm tempted to toss them in hatcheries once they hit 23 hours, but the smart move would be to wait for others to get purples first. I'm starting to get a little impatient though. 

1 minute ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

And now I can't get this image out of my head. xD

Penquin.png.255c3343c371bf2c2a610ca4dc01cace.png

3 minutes ago, Syiren said:

Same! I thought of that right away! That and Happy Feet... Just replace the gem with a purple Siyat hatchling and you have all of us.

Edited by animatedrose

Wild theory...

TJ said these eggs are 'to make up for lost time'.

What if it's not how long they stay in their eggs... what if it's looking AHEAD in time?

Aeons look ahead in time to predict the gender.  What if we have to use Aeons on these eggs, to get purple? 

This is just speculation, and it's very unlikely, but has anyone tried that yet?  :unsure:

Just now, Frodo said:

Wild theory...

TJ said these eggs are 'to make up for lost time'.

What if it's not how long they stay in their eggs... what if it's looking AHEAD in time?

Aeons look ahead in time to predict the gender.  What if we have to use Aeons on these eggs, to get purple? 

This is just speculation, and it's very unlikely, but has anyone tried that yet?  :unsure:

I've used Aeons on some to avoid using Pinks and they're out blue and green.

I also hatched two Siyats that were below 2 days today (both had been incubated), and they turned out blue.

4 minutes ago, animatedrose said:

Same! I thought of that right away! That and Happy Feet...

Ahh, that was the other movie I was trying to remember that had Penguins. lol. it's been forever since I've seen those movies. xD

on the other hand there was a nice wave of Glowys in the Alpine just now. :)

17 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

as long as no one pushes me! I'll jump in when i'm good and ready! O.<

11 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

Lmao right, I feel the same way

Alright so when are we testing 1.23? Mine are still a day and 8hrs out

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

Why are we on the subject of Penguins? XD

Side note: My egg is still on 4 days. :"|

20 minutes ago, Syiren said:

Ahhh, it's been so long since I've watched that! XD

Anyone remember Scamper the Penguin, too? Sea lions and Skuas are the only things scarier than Mimic pygmies and purple Siyets. 😧

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

26 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

*snorts* Omg that's a very interesting mental image. 

Well, I was kind of hoping that people would've figured out for sure how to get purples by the time I got home from work, guess no such luck there. My lowest-timed Siyat egg right now is at 2d 22h unincubated, so it'll be a wait if purples are only under 1 day. On the plus side, not incubating all these Siyat eggs means I have plenty of Incubates left for other eggs!

12 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

lmao! Same! xD

@Cjcrazy someone compared us to anxious penguins nervous about hidden threats beneath the waves and that comparison is completely accurate. xD

16 minutes ago, Arkee said:

I've used Aeons on some to avoid using Pinks and they're out blue and green.

Dang!   XD

Was trying to think outside the box there.  B)

So if I understand a few brave penguins souls are going to try unfogging once things drop below 2d? Take the plunge for the rest of us? :P 

3 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

So if I understand a few brave penguins souls are going to try unfogging once things drop below 2d? Take the plunge for the rest of us? :P 

on saturday i'll unfog my egg, it'll be under 2 day then =P but someone, i forgot their username, has one going below 2 day before mine and i hope to hear a positive result. I think they said tonight their's would be under that

Hold on, no one has gotten a purple yet? That's surprising, and exciting. o_o

My oldest egg is at 4d15h (no incubate) since I got here late - would gladly let it go below 2 or 1 day for science, but probably the mystery will be solved by then. Has anyone tried earthquake yet? I saw someone say they were going to.