Jump to content
TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

Recommended Posts

I would advise caution with Siyats between 3d and 2d (no incubate) or between 2d and 1d (with incubate).  I had one I tested this morning, it was 1d22h with incubate, and it hatched blue.  I was most annoyed.  :s  The next one to try is currently at 1d9h, it'll get shoved in a bunch of ERs once it's below 1d!

Share this post


Link to post

I just hatched a blue with 2 days and 23 hours left. looks like we have to wait a day longer for purple! That's what I'm guessing anyway.

Share this post


Link to post

A bunch of us were watching eggs and all the 2d23h eggs turned blue last night. So no purples still.

Share this post


Link to post

Blue is the new green, haha.

 

Still laughing / crying about TJ’s now-ironic comment about this release “making up for lost time!” What a troll. X’)

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Amazon_warrior said:

I would advise caution with Siyats between 3d and 2d (no incubate) or between 2d and 1d (with incubate).  I had one I tested this morning, it was 1d22h with incubate, and it hatched blue.  I was most annoyed.  :s  The next one to try is currently at 1d9h, it'll get shoved in a bunch of ERs once it's below 1d!

 

oh lordy, really? =.=

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Amazon_warrior said:

@Sirithiliel - 'fraid so.  :(  I was really hoping it might be a glitch and it should have been purple, but... seems not.

 

errggh...well i still plan to hatch my egg on saturday when it's 1 day x hours (not incubated), maybe it'll be different since your egg was incubated?

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Sirithiliel said:

 

errggh...well i still plan to hatch my egg on saturday when it's 1 day x hours (not incubated), maybe it'll be different since your egg was incubated?

 

That seems a reasonable assumption - fingers crossed for you!  :)  Obviously I'll post here (and surely others will too) once I've seen how my oldest eggie hatches tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post

I feel like we’re a colony of penguins huddled around a cliff side, watching the first suckers jump in to see if they get eaten by leopard seals or survive, haha.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I feel like we’re a colony of penguins huddled around a cliff side, watching the first suckers jump in to see if they get eaten by leopard seals or survive, haha.

XD Very apt image!

But I really can't do anything but watch right now, unless I want more green hatchies. My eggs are not even into the blue range, yet.

Share this post


Link to post

I have two eggs at 1 day 5 hours (incubated). I'm tempted to toss them in hatcheries once they hit 23 hours, but the smart move would be to wait for others to get purples first. I'm starting to get a little impatient though. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I feel like we’re a colony of penguins huddled around a cliff side, watching the first suckers jump in to see if they get eaten by leopard seals or survive, haha.

And now I can't get this image out of my head. xD

Penquin.png.255c3343c371bf2c2a610ca4dc01cace.png

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Syiren said:

And now I can't get this image out of my head. xD

Penquin.png.255c3343c371bf2c2a610ca4dc01cace.png

 

Same! I thought of that right away! That and Happy Feet... Just replace the gem with a purple Siyat hatchling and you have all of us.

Edited by animatedrose

Share this post


Link to post

Wild theory...

 

TJ said these eggs are 'to make up for lost time'.

 

What if it's not how long they stay in their eggs... what if it's looking AHEAD in time?

Aeons look ahead in time to predict the gender.  What if we have to use Aeons on these eggs, to get purple? 

 

This is just speculation, and it's very unlikely, but has anyone tried that yet?  :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Frodo said:

Wild theory...

 

TJ said these eggs are 'to make up for lost time'.

 

What if it's not how long they stay in their eggs... what if it's looking AHEAD in time?

Aeons look ahead in time to predict the gender.  What if we have to use Aeons on these eggs, to get purple? 

 

This is just speculation, and it's very unlikely, but has anyone tried that yet?  :unsure:

I've used Aeons on some to avoid using Pinks and they're out blue and green.

Share this post


Link to post

I also hatched two Siyats that were below 2 days today (both had been incubated), and they turned out blue.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, animatedrose said:

 

Same! I thought of that right away! That and Happy Feet...

Ahh, that was the other movie I was trying to remember that had Penguins. lol. it's been forever since I've seen those movies. xD

 

on the other hand there was a nice wave of Glowys in the Alpine just now. :)

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I feel like we’re a colony of penguins huddled around a cliff side, watching the first suckers jump in to see if they get eaten by leopard seals or survive, haha.

 

 

as long as no one pushes me! I'll jump in when i'm good and ready! O.<

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

 

 

as long as no one pushes me! I'll jump in when i'm good and ready! O.<

Lmao right, I feel the same way

 

Alright so when are we testing 1.23? Mine are still a day and 8hrs out

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

Share this post


Link to post

Why are we on the subject of Penguins? XD

Side note: My egg is still on 4 days. :"|

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Syiren said:

And now I can't get this image out of my head. xD

Penquin.png.255c3343c371bf2c2a610ca4dc01cace.png

 

Ahhh, it's been so long since I've watched that! XD

 

Anyone remember Scamper the Penguin, too? Sea lions and Skuas are the only things scarier than Mimic pygmies and purple Siyets. 😧

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I feel like we’re a colony of penguins huddled around a cliff side, watching the first suckers jump in to see if they get eaten by leopard seals or survive, haha.

 

*snorts* Omg that's a very interesting mental image. 

 

Well, I was kind of hoping that people would've figured out for sure how to get purples by the time I got home from work, guess no such luck there. My lowest-timed Siyat egg right now is at 2d 22h unincubated, so it'll be a wait if purples are only under 1 day. On the plus side, not incubating all these Siyat eggs means I have plenty of Incubates left for other eggs!

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

 

 

as long as no one pushes me! I'll jump in when i'm good and ready! O.<

lmao! Same! xD

 

@Cjcrazy someone compared us to anxious penguins nervous about hidden threats beneath the waves and that comparison is completely accurate. xD

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Arkee said:

I've used Aeons on some to avoid using Pinks and they're out blue and green.

 

Dang!   XD

 

Was trying to think outside the box there.  B)

Share this post


Link to post

So if I understand a few brave penguins souls are going to try unfogging once things drop below 2d? Take the plunge for the rest of us? :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.