TJ09

2018-07-01 - July Dragon Release

12 minutes ago, Cielmuir said:

I would have preferred that the gusties we caught became frozen eggs (treated like frozen hatchlings) and then "thawed" once the intended release day came.

That would have been interesting had you been egg locked.  Would your suddenly unfrozen eggs be autoabandoned?  

I am full up. Thanks TJ for fixing the glitch.  Looking forward to the windies when they are ready!  Woohooooo!

Okay. Whoa. My Windy eggs are Musky eggs. Totally PO'd. I was hoping they were a secret release or some kind of special breed that would go away after awhile and be super rare.

1 minute ago, Minkee said:

I don't really like the mindset that we deserve something special/compensation for bugs and glitches that occur. It sucks that it may have inconvenienced people, but you can't blame TJ for it, he didn't plan for the site to go bonkers.

This. Glitches happen. This was a *huge* glitch, sure, and yeah it screwed with a lot of stuff, but it's not TJ's fault and I doubt it was something he could've prevented. This sort of thing will happen, with any website, I'm just glad we got an explanation.

Just now, arkady62 said:

I am full up. Thanks TJ for fixing the glitch.  Looking forward to the windies when they are ready!  Woohooooo!

Indeed!

Been a fun release, gliches and all. 😀

Just now, Suzumiya said:

Okay. Whoa. My Windy eggs are Musky eggs. Totally PO'd. I was hoping they were a secret release or some kind of special breed that would go away after awhile and be super rare.

I'm pretty sure an unannounced limited release will never happen. That would be pretty cruel!

2 minutes ago, Minkee said:

I don't really like the mindset that we deserve something special/compensation for bugs and glitches that occur. It sucks that it may have inconvenienced people, but you can't blame TJ for it, he didn't plan for the site to go bonkers.

Thank you!

4 minutes ago, Minkee said:

True girl

windies weren’t ready for release. i’m sure we’ll see them again sometime in the future, when they are ready. this is a minor inconvenience at worst.

edit: “not ready” can mean more than just incomplete; TJ clearly has a schedule that he sticks to in regards to releases, and they came ahead of time. 

Edited by Niyaka

9 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

This is... I don't even know. 

Am I happy because I got muskies that I couldn't catch? Yes. Am I infuriated because I had to release totally viable CB eggs of breeds I liked because I thought I needed 6 slots? Absolutely.

There's no reason you had to take the 3rd breed AWAY completely; they could have just remained in the egg stage or something until they were ready. 

At least "6ead" fits a musky better than... what could have been, I guess.

The situation was handled a bit poorly. The eggs users were able to snatch would remain in the egg phase without influencing the scroll or counting towards egg limits until the breed was ready.

This now means an endless ammount of people ditched good and probably rare eggs in favour of a less than ideal "fix".  

Edited by Mightycucumber

Ever since TJ said that the windy/gusty eggs weren't ready to be released I've been coming up with names for the windy eggs I had that were turned into musky eggs.

Just now, Rexsaurus said:

Ever since TJ said that the windy/gusty eggs weren't ready to be released I've been coming up with names for the windy eggs I had that were turned into musky eggs.

Yeah maybe all the glitched muskies should get a special “last” name? To emphasize they were once gusties

1 minute ago, Imzadi said:

That would have been interesting had you been egg locked.  Would your suddenly unfrozen eggs be autoabandoned?  

They could thaw and immediately fill each empty slot you have as your slots become available.  Or be treated like the monthly raffle prizes (where I assume you have to select your won egg to claim, I assume they don't automagically show up on your scroll).  Of course, that would be a whole set of coding.  People have been asking for the ability to have frozen eggs for ages; if that mechanic had already been set up, it might have been easier to move on to this kind of thing. *shrug*

Just now, Skelokey said:

Yeah maybe all the glitched muskies should get a special “last” name? To emphasize they were once gusties

Yep the names I have so far either end in Gusty or Glitch.

5 minutes ago, Minkee said:

I totally agree. The alt sweetlings were  compensation for a glitch and people have been wailing about that for years.  We do not need another episode, thank you very much.

2 minutes ago, Rexsaurus said:

Same! I wanna commemorate the glitch, haha. It was fun while it lasted

I am a little sad that I abandoned my glassy dragons to make room for a new release that derped, but I am happy that it's fewer muskies I have to catch later LOLOL.

Just now, Rexsaurus said:

Yep the names I have so far either end in Gusty or Glitch.

Gustitch?

I just don't know how it's physically possible for something to slip into a coded release? Like... I just don't? Unless you coded it so the server fetched breeds on a certain day/time of the month, but it doesn't seem like TJ would have something like that.

Unless Gusty was like dragonrelease_1 and musky was dragonrelease-1 I don't see how it could have been manually put in either. 

It also doesn't explain why the gusties were so prevalent? Why were their drops so weirdly wall-like? I NEVER saw an empty alpine.

I have so many questions on the coding side of this. I'm just confused, not really angry at TJ or blaming him or anything, I just literally don't know how this could happen. 

Let’s see.

who else is up for that idea? If you have a glitched musty, everyone give it the same last name when it’s old enough! Something like Gustitch or whatever.