TJ09

2018-07-01 - July Dragon Release

Hmmm... My gusties became musties and kept the Influences and incubates of the gusties. Good job, TJ!

*Holding a funeral for her gusties*

I get irrationally attached to pixel dragons....

I'm sorry babies I couldn't protect you QnQ

Aww, my gusties turned to muskies! I feel special :')

Thank you TJ! This was a pleasant surprise!

1 minute ago, Dalek Raptor said:

We all got muskies. However TJ left this unintended for FOUR HOURS making us believe a secret breed was there for us! Even though I know the reasoning behind him pulling it, he should have fixed it as soon as they started dropping

I would assume he is not at his computer 24/7, and he fixed it as soon as he became available.

I would have preferred that the gusties we caught became frozen eggs (treated like frozen hatchlings) and then "thawed" once the intended release day came.

2 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Whaaaa? Huh. That's odd. I didn't realize a not-ready breed *could* 'sneak in', how on earth does that even happen?? Does that mean releases are coded in months in advance and just not 'pushed' for awhile? Why on earth would a not-ready egg even be in the code??

I was thinking the same thing. "Not ready" makes me think of two things - either the dragon's sprites are not finished, or the dragon is scheduled for a special release and if we got a Holiday dragon early, the artists would have to prepare a whole new dragon to replace it. Having a dragon in the code early doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but an unfinished dragon being in the site seems extremely implausible. Especially since, from my understanding, special release dragons are prepared specially for the event, whereas for normal releases TJ basically just plucks dragons from the Completed list. Still, that's really far in advance! The closest holiday release is still a few months away!

1 minute ago, Dalek Raptor said:

We all got muskies. However TJ left this unintended for FOUR HOURS making us believe a secret breed was there for us! Even though I know the reasoning behind him pulling it, he should have fixed it as soon as they started dropping

at that point he was probably resting..... cause he was probably there for the first like 8 hours of the release which is why it went so long  without being dealt with 

or he was trying to deal with it without taking the site down.

2 minutes ago, Dalek Raptor said:

He is human, he has a life outside DC, and it was in the middle of the night so good chance he was actually asleep... He got to it as fast as he could I'm sure.

2 minutes ago, Cielmuir said:

I would have preferred that the gusties we caught became frozen eggs (treated like frozen hatchlings) and then "thawed" once the intended release day came.

Exactly what I said earlier ^_^ it would have been fun to see them stuck on our scrolls as eggs until the day came for them to hatch.

Originally I was going to abandon one of my ex-windies so I could get another glassy, but that's not happening now XD

Edited by camea42123

3 minutes ago, Dalek Raptor said:

I guess TJ can't be online 24/7, so most likely he hasn't seen it before.

2 minutes ago, Minkee said:

I would assume he is not at his computer 24/7, and he fixed it as soon as he became available.

Right! TJ is not a robot and he had to fix the coding somehow to make the gusties into muskies! It can take hours to do that stuff.

Thank you, TJ, for the answer.  If the windy dragons aren't ready, then they aren't ready.  I'm just glad we no longer have to run around like chickens whose heads have been chopped off.  :)

3 minutes ago, Dalek Raptor said:

Hey, he can't be around 24/7. He could have been sleeping or out. He does have his own life, 4 hours is still a pretty quick fix! It's not like he was intending for something to go wrong.

Man, I REALLY wonder what would have happened if the eggs got old enough to hatch...

4 minutes ago, Minkee said:

I see no reason to get worked up over it. I'm sure TJ's scroll is full of things that are in testing phases to see how the eggs, hatchies, adults look. That's why it's private.

It happens, no use crying over spilt milk. I thought it was already fairly obvious things weren't right, but I guess not everyone thought that way, lol.

Ohhhhh that's a good theory! TJ's scroll is always hidden, I guess it is possible he has 'test breeds' on there or something sometimes. That's really interesting to think about.

And I managed to accidentally grab a musky instead of a glassy from the volcano. *Facepalms*

5 minutes ago, cbussiere said:

I was thinking the same thing. "Not ready" makes me think of two things - either the dragon's sprites are not finished, or the dragon is scheduled for a special release and if we got a Holiday dragon early, the artists would have to prepare a whole new dragon to replace it. Having a dragon in the code early doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but an unfinished dragon being in the site seems extremely implausible. Especially since, from my understanding, special release dragons are prepared specially for the event, whereas for normal releases TJ basically just plucks dragons from the Completed list. Still, that's really far in advance! The closest holiday release is still a few months away!

Holidays CAN'T be a public concept, and those were, becuase people were recognising them...

Which leaves me believe it was(now probably won't anymore, not yet) the next release and the date is the entire thing behind 'not ready'... or we coudl as well get it replaced with some other finished breed... It also malkes 0 sense to have a WIP sprite in the database, everything all ready to release itself.... I bet he just scheduled it wrong and is denying us a 3rd new breed in July just because it wasn't what he planned...

Edited by VixenDra

I'm actually kind of happy about it--I had 3 glassy but couldn't get musky for the life of me!  Now I have 5! 

ETA--3 glassy, 5 musky

Edited by Brekke

I guess there are a million things on TJ's scroll and in the codes we know nothing about.

Noooooooooo, all of my gusties turned into muskies! Oh well XP

Edited by snakehands

1 minute ago, cbussiere said:

Hey, he can't be around 24/7. He could have been sleeping or out. He does have his own life, 4 hours is still a pretty quick fix! It's not like he was intending for something to go wrong.

Man, I REALLY wonder what would have happened if the eggs got old enough to hatch...

Maybe TJ will make a post about it? We’ll soon enough find out!

I am not happy  

:/ 

I don't see how the gustys were unfinished , seeibg as they were completd DR requests, and now I'm stuck with 5 musky eggs that I quite frankly don't want and have to wait 2 more hours to be able to abandon them to get more glassys 

I hope gustys make a return next month.