TJ09

2018-07-01 - July Dragon Release

I'm happy they turned into muskies instead of glassys, since the muskies do seem to be harder to catch.

Well, if we never get the winds released because of this glitch I will be very annoyed. Let us have this breed in August, please.

Welp all my gusty eggs are musty eggs.

How am I going to get glassy eggs now?

At least, the mystery is solved!

Maybe all the legal stuff for the release isn't done yet?

Or last minute edits to the sprites?

1 minute ago, dark_sama said:

Aww, sad day. Bye windies! Hope to see you again soon!

I have a feeling we won´t ever see them again. 

Just now, Whirlaway said:

Well, if we never get the winds released because of this glitch I will be very annoyed. Let us have this breed in August, please.

This. If I never get my gustys because if this I will be very sad since they are probably my favourite DRs

1 minute ago, VixenDra said:

Holidays CAN'T be a public concept, and those were, becuase people were recognising them...

Which leaves me believe it was the next release and the date is the entire thing behind 'not ready'... or we coudl as well get it replaced with some other finished breed... It also malkes 0 sense to have a WIP sprite in the database, all ready to release itself.... I bet he just scheduled it wrong and is denyign us a 3rd new breed in July...

Remember we only saw the eggs, that doesn't mean all the sprites are finished or approved.  It's easily possible there are a bunch of unreleased breeds being tweaked/worked behind the scenes at any given time.  

Just now, Shokomon said:

The legal stuff, I'm guessing. If they were in the completed section as some are claiming, it's possible the sprites were ready but stuff wasn't signed yet or whatever.

Just now, Mightycucumber said:

Don't say that, you'll jinx it XD

17 minutes ago, Lagie said:

It is a Leodon, from the May 21st release. The four released eggs matched the Hogwarts houses.

Oh! I didn't realize they were based on Harry Potter. Boy, am I dence, LOL

Just now, Shokomon said:

Trade them for glassy eggs.

More than likely just a 'didn't finish full 60 day CL agreement" thing. 

Well, caught eggs, influenced and incubated them.  Saw another release so dumped what I needed to, caught and influenced and incubated again.  Now I'm back to needing another glassy egg.  What a performance!

9 minutes ago, Cielmuir said:

I would have preferred that the gusties we caught became frozen eggs (treated like frozen hatchlings) and then "thawed" once the intended release day came.

I would have preferred something like this honestly.  Seems feasible enough. 

And of *course* my mom is bugging me to go to errands now... Not now mom, in the middle of DC-drama! lol 

Was the glassy one in the DR as well? I feel like that hatchie looks *really* familiar.

This is... I don't even know. 

Am I happy because I got muskies that I couldn't catch? Yes. Am I infuriated because I had to release totally viable CB eggs of breeds I liked because I thought I needed 6 slots? Absolutely.

There's no reason you had to take the 3rd breed AWAY completely; they could have just remained in the egg stage or something until they were ready. 

At least "6ead" fits a musky better than... what could have been, I guess.

Seems like the forum is far more lively this morning/afternoon. Also, an accidental release? :o Can't say I don't understand why he'd change all the eggs, though, as upset as some people seem to be about it. I'd say think of it this way; you have a sneak peek.

12 minutes ago, Dalek Raptor said:

We all got muskies. However TJ left this unintended for FOUR HOURS making us believe a secret breed was there for us! Even though I know the reasoning behind him pulling it, he should have fixed it as soon as they started dropping

He probably wasn't at his computer watching the entire release. The eggs were releasing all night. I wouldn't do that, either. I'm sure he was busy doing other things; he wouldn't have intentionally let people start to get attached to the eggs only to strip them away after awhile.

edit: Oof I type slow. Two pages later. XD

Edited by Scarlet-sama

9 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

Holidays CAN'T be a public concept, and those were, becuase people were recognising them...

Which leaves me believe it was the next release and the date is the entire thing behind 'not ready'... or we coudl as well get it replaced with some other finished breed... It also malkes 0 sense to have a WIP sprite in the database, all ready to release itself.... I bet he just scheduled it wrong and is denyign us a 3rd new breed in July...

Hmm, good point, I forgot I saw someone say they saw remember the egg sprite from the Completed list! But if the normal releases are dragons that the general userbase has already finished producing, then I wonder why he couldn't have just readied up a different dragon for August or whenever... Does anyone remember if it was part of a set of dragons? If it was in the Completed list, it must not be "not ready" in the sense that the sprites aren't finished.

Edit: Ahh, legal stuff makes sense. That's a pretty boring reason for them to be not ready. XD

Edited by cbussiere

I'm okay with the wind eggs being turned into others; just gives us something to look forward to when they are truly released.

5 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

perhaps other mechanics weren't done, like breeding rarity or whatever secret stats we aren't allowed to know

I don't see how the windy eggs could have been released accidentally. Has anything like that ever happened before?

4 minutes ago, Mightycucumber said:

They better not! This wasn't a mistake made by the spriter or creator so they shouldn't be punished and not get this breed released. I want these guys so bad.

I don't really like the mindset that we deserve something special/compensation for bugs and glitches that occur. It sucks that it may have inconvenienced people, but you can't blame TJ for it, he didn't plan for the site to go bonkers.

Just now, Alrexwolf said:

This is... I don't even know. 

Am I happy because I got muskies that I couldn't catch? Yes. Am I infuriated because I had to release totally viable CB eggs of breeds I liked because I thought I needed 6 slots? Absolutely.

There's no reason you had to take the 3rd breed AWAY completely; they could have just remained in the egg stage or something until they were ready. 

At least "6ead" fits a musky better than... what could have been, I guess.

Perhaps coding eggs so they were stuck in the egg stage until ready would be something hard to do, and when they are released, TJ might do something to make up for it or something like that. Honestly, I just appreciate the fact that I have both breeds now and that they didn't just disappear without anything in return.