TJ09

2018-07-01 - July Dragon Release

1 minute ago, Rexsaurus said:

We could create the Gustitch line.

No matter how this release turns out I love the new eggs and can't wait for the next!

MAYBE IT CAN BE MADE OFFICIA-getting to worked up about this but yeah that would be fun

7 minutes ago, Crowned_Ladybug said:

I like the idea of commemorating today's events in the once-been-gusty-eggs' future names. Mine's is going to include the community nickname "Gusty" for sure!

I like that name, it's cute. Totally gonna use it as a surname for my egg.

It seems like Gustitch is the line now.

Someone needs to make a thread for this.

fwJqOmy.png

These are the two names I have reserved, still have to come up with something for the other two. If any other Homestuck fans are in this thread, the gusty dragons made me think of John since they're blue and windy... And lo and behold, they were turned into oil dragons, and his land was covered in oil! How perfect. These are special LOWAS dragons. :'D

1 minute ago, Alrexwolf said:

Gisella and Gustov Gustitch are influenced and have their names placeheld haha.

A PB Gustitch breeding project would be rad, too bad there's not really a way to verify it. 

I was hoping someone would name theirs Gustov. I want mine to be female so I wouldn’t be able to 

I hope we will see these Gusty eggs in the future, they looked pretty! :)

I've now got 3 gusties turned musties - I've reserved the name 'Musty Gusty' for one of them.

Now I actually need to find some more glassys and one more musty

Edited by Seahorse

Yessss we should have a Gustitch breeding project :)

Aw, you guys are making me regret only having one Gustich. So many good name ideas.

If this becomes a breeding project, I'd so be in on it (as long as the last name Gustich isn't required. I love the name I have reserved too much)

Edited by Crowned_Ladybug

Thank you, TJ, for solving this, and gifting us with Alpine blackies on top of it ! If the Windys weren't ready there's nothing that could've been done about it, and getting the hard-to-gets instead of them helps a lot !!

@all the people throwing tantrums:

Please calm down ! Mistakes happen. TJ neither has to, nor can he, be present 24/7 just in case something goes wrong. He reacted as soon as he was aware of the problem, and he reacted in a very reasonable - and generous - way.

No one is entitled to compensation. Or "perfect service". Or whatever else you may expect from someone who is running a great game you can play for free.

It wasn't even a "now or never" sort of thing, because all eggs that were released would be a permanent addition to the cave anyways.

@all the reasonable people:

Thank you for making up the majority of the player base, and keeping DC a great experience !

@Windys:

I hope to see them in cave soon, these eggs were really beautiful ! And I have faith that we'll get to catch them for real eventually.

44 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

Unfortunately, an extra breed that is definitely not yet ready to release appears to have snuck into this one. Because it's not ready yet and couldn't just be left as-is, I've converted all of the eggs to the new breed that is available from the same biome.

Sorry for any weirdness this is going to cause.

OH ! WEIRD indeed !

Thanks for the clarification though - so I have my 2 pairs of each. GREAT ! I can go off to my Canada Day party without wondering if my trade for windies > muskies will happen !

8 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

A PB Gustitch breeding project would be rad, too bad there's not really a way to verify it. 

Musky dragons from Alpine who were caught on July 1st would be a pretty safe bet. I imagine more dragons who fit that description would be gusties than muskies.

Edited by cbussiere

4 minutes ago, Shelybear said:

A question, since the black new eggs could be everywhere, if anyone have a windy one from volcano, which one would that turn into?

They all became musties.

Y’all were should I make the thread? I was thinking about breeding discussions since this falls under lineage

my gusties NOOooooooooooo

No that's fair. At least I'm all set (and then some) on the muskies now :lol:

Edited by Yhme

1 minute ago, camea42123 said:

Yessss we should have a Gustitch breeding project :)

I'm soooooo down for a Gustich breeding project!

I just love how all the salt and anxiety and confusion turned into something as fun and sweet as a goofy dragon last name and a potential breeding project! It's so nice ^^

12 minutes ago, Skelokey said:

Let’s see.

who else is up for that idea? If you have a glitched musty, everyone give it the same last name when it’s old enough! Something like Gustitch or whatever.

I'm not breaking my naming scheme. Also people who don't use forum at all won't know about that anyways. Also, you will never know if all named this were actually the other breed before, it's not a something you'll be able to verify later, since the catch date doesn't show catch hours. So it's just a name invented on the glitchday, but nothing more:P

Just now, VixenDra said:

I'm not breaking my naming scheme. Also people who don't use forum at all won't know about that anyways. Also, you will never know if all named this were actually the other breed before, it's not a something you'll be able to verify later, since the catch date doesn't show catch hours. So it's just a name invented on the glitchday, but nothing more:P

O come on now, we’re just having a bit of fun.

That's a good community with people who understand what happens when sites glitch for you :)

Speaking of breeding, it'd be cool to breed the muskies with the gusties when the latter releases. I hope they end up looking good together.

Just now, Rexsaurus said:

The Gustitch line would be an inside joke.

I see you already changed your signature XD

1 minute ago, VixenDra said:

Okay, then... you don't participate in the lineage?? It's not like everyone who got gusty eggs is required to participate in the project o_O

Also, "muskies caught in the alpine on july 1st" is still a very specific criteria for the start of a lineage; I doubt anyone would go through the trouble of participating. And no one who's on the forums needs to know? No one sees anyone else's scrolls anyhow... it's pretty much a single player game if you're not on the forums, completely.