TJ09

2018-07-01 - July Dragon Release

Alrighty. I got my 4 muskies and 4 Glassies. 2 males and 2 females influenced each. I feel calm. Seems like the influence and incubate stuck on the changed muskies? Anyway, guess I'm all set. Anxiety can calm now.

Thank you for my lovely gift of a glassy egg.  You know who you are!

I believe I'm gonna name my single musky-former-gusty "Gone With The Wind" or something :D

2 minutes ago, Skelokey said:

Let’s see.

who else is up for that idea? If you have a glitched musty, everyone give it the same last name when it’s old enough! Something like Gustitch or whatever.

Me! I just Named a placeholder Early Gustitch.

Edited by Rexsaurus

Just now, Alrexwolf said:

I just don't know how it's physically possible for something to slip into a coded release? Like... I just don't? Unless you coded it so the server fetched breeds on a certain day/time of the month, but it doesn't seem like TJ would have something like that.

Unless Gusty was like dragonrelease_1 and musky was dragonrelease-1 I don't see how it could have been manually put in either. 

It also doesn't explain why the gusties were so prevalent? Why were their drops so weirdly wall-like? I NEVER saw an empty alpine.

I have so many questions on the coding side of this. I'm just confused, not really angry at TJ or blaming him or anything, I just literally don't know how this could happen. 

Someone posted awhile back that it's possible TJ might have some sort of test-breed thing on his scroll, where he tested what not-yet-released dragons will look like on a scroll or how it will act or whatever. I know nothing about coding but I do know that some site owners do that, 'test' things on their own account. I'd imagine it would be possible for code from his test stuff to accidentally get mixed with code for a new release... Again know nothing about coding, but that makes the most sense to me personally. 

I like the idea of commemorating today's events in the once-been-gusty-eggs' future names. Mine's is going to include the community nickname "Gusty" for sure!

3 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

I just don't know how it's physically possible for something to slip into a coded release? Like... I just don't? Unless you coded it so the server fetched breeds on a certain day/time of the month, but it doesn't seem like TJ would have something like that.

Unless Gusty was like dragonrelease_1 and musky was dragonrelease-1 I don't see how it could have been manually put in either. 

It also doesn't explain why the gusties were so prevalent? Why were their drops so weirdly wall-like? I NEVER saw an empty alpine.

I have so many questions on the coding side of this. I'm just confused, not really angry at TJ or blaming him or anything, I just literally don't know how this could happen. 

I'm quite interested in coding myself, so this is pretty intriguing. On the other hand, the reason the gusties became a literal wall in the alpine is because most of the users online got their share of the gusties already and went hunting for glassies and muskies in the volcano (hence the 100+ user count in the Volcano biome at the time)

Definitely giving my muskies the suffix 'Gustitch' :) I'll miss you gusties!

Edited by camea42123

Oh, okay. Thanks for the reply, TJ. :) I sure don't mind getting more muskies instead of the supposedly unfinished new breed. Just because a weird glitch happened, it doesn't mean we deserve special treatment for it.

2 minutes ago, Mightycucumber said:

The situation was handled a bit poorly. The eggs users were able to snatch would remain in the egg phase without influencing the scroll or counting towards egg limits until the breed was ready.

This now means an endless ammount of peo+p'le ditched good and probably rare eggs in favour of a less than ideal "fix".  

You mean you wanted them to remain in stasis on the scroll until they're ready? That's a more complex solution than just converting the eggs and wouldn't have been as quick a fix. We'll get them eventually anyways, you'd just be saved having to spend a bit of time catching them again later.

If someone dropped something so valuable they're seriously pained by its absence in favor of a dragon they'll be able to catch later, that's their problem. No one's going to drop a CB Gold or a rare they've been trying to breed for months in favor of something that'll probably end up common, and it's not like you need to catch the new eggs if you're locked with stuff you can't bear to part with.

3 minutes ago, Rexsaurus said:

Yep the names I have so far either end in Gusty or Glitch.

3 minutes ago, Skelokey said:

Gustitch?

Im doing this, but what will be a good name?

Gustitch sounds funny to me.

I just had a hilarious thought of making it a pun off the "Me Gusta" meme.

I’m gonna name my gusty glitch a name used with the code and Gustitch as the lst name :P

Okay, just reserved a name for my one gusty-turned-musty. Sort of excited now about having a 'glitch egg', lol.

I mean there’s a line of dragons in dragcave called the Beefcakes so it could sound worse 😂

I have 5 glitched eggs, time to have a Gustitch family! Who knows maybe one day they'll breed with an actual gusty

I'm glad the "Gusty" was removed and replaced with the intended breed, as I am locked and wouldn't have been able to nab one if it was implemented early. Wish I got to see what the egg looked like, though XD

Isn't there a part to the artists' agreement for new dragon releases that no forms of the new dragon can be posted anywhere maybe 60 or so days before they're put in the cave? And people are saying they recognise the gusties from the completed requests list, so I'm guessing they haven't been gone for one and a half months. Which could explain how they aren't "ready" yet - they haven't come down from their legal cool down. (Also, I'm no coder myself, but I remember hearing from friends that the tiniest typos can lead to the most unexpected results sometimes.)

(I have also reserved a name for my gusty turned musty :D Undercover Gusty

I kind of feel good about "accidentally" grabbing spare gusties now because I get to have 3 glitch dragons!

2 minutes ago, cbussiere said:

If someone dropped something so valuable they're seriously pained by its absence in favor of a dragon they'll be able to catch later, that's their problem. No one's going to drop a CB Gold or a rare they've been trying to breed for months in favor of something that'll probably end up common, and it's not like you need to catch the new eggs if you're locked with stuff you can't bear to part with.

Yes, this. People always scramble for new releases, often dumping stuff they don't need if they really want the new releases right away... But if someone wants a new release *that bad* *right now* that they'd drop something extremely valuable to them... Well, that's not exactly TJ's fault, or the game's fault. All new releases except holidays are permanent, so you don't *have* to dump valuable stuff to get them right away. If you do, that's your decision.

Woohoo! Should we make a thread about making all of the glotched muskies as possible into Gustitches?

Just now, Skelokey said:

I mean there’s a line of dragons in dragcave called the Beefcakes so it could sound worse 😂

We could create the Gustitch line.

No matter how this release turns out I love the new eggs and can't wait for the next!

28 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

He is human, he has a life outside DC, and it was in the middle of the night so good chance he was actually asleep... He got to it as fast as he could I'm sure.

Yeah, if he's still on PST then four hours ago was 6am. People really shouldn't expect him to be up that early, lol.

Unfortunately, an extra breed that is definitely not yet ready to release appears to have snuck into this one. Because it's not ready yet and couldn't just left as-is, I've converted all of the eggs to the new breed that is available from the same biome.

Sorry for any weirdness this is going to cause.

Thanks for the quick fix. My one gusty egg changed to a musky egg, as expected.

I'm sure there'll be different opinions about what should've been done with the unintended eggs that were already picked up, but the gusty breed deserves a release with full attention to all the details. Hopefully we'll see it soon in all it's glory! :nyan:

A question, since the black new eggs could be everywhere, if anyone have a windy one from volcano, which one would that turn into?

Gisella and Gustov Gustitch are influenced and have their names placeheld haha.

A PB Gustitch breeding project would be rad, too bad there's not really a way to verify it.