TJ09

2018-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 12th Birthday!

4 hours ago, arjunvohra said:

The gryffindor hatchlings' colours are amazing!
That bright yellow and that amazing, rich red!

I think I need to hoard those s2s!

I agree! :D Those ones are my favourite so far. They're all gorgeous, but I love their stance in particular and can't wait to see the adults! 

Edited by StormWizard212

Second batch as painless as the first- such a wonderful release, in terms of both content and stress management xD

Can’t wait to see the adults-though, honestly, when first I saw the eggs, I was thinking "...Until the Fire Nation attacked."

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Shards of Obtanium (as opposed to unobtanium since we can clearly obtain these shards with reasonable effort)?

Perfect !

It's quite rare - or has anyone ever heard of it before ?!

And probably stable (unlike Volatilium). Guess it's somewhere around Titanium in the periodic table.

Great currency material.

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

10 hours ago, Alrexwolf said:

Plus, shards (assuming they are mana shards) are literal actual magic. Things that breathe fire and life and electricity and everything in between. I think it's a little silly to say that "bling," ain't worth a thing compared to a loaf of stale bread... but that's just my take. 

I was thinking shards of broken eggshells, though that doesn't make a lot of sense as currency. It could be a Valkemare nickname for the actual currency (like how money in our world is known by various slang words e.g. bucks, dough, dosh, moolah)

Edited by Laura-Borealis

For some reason I came home from work thinking TJ's hatchies would have grown up.  Drat.

Looking at the S2 hatchlings, i notice how close they resemble the creatures from Hogwarts their colors match.

All of my new eggs have now hatched. I can't wait to see the adults in a few hours!

All of my eggs hatched and I just relocked myself with eggs. I grabbed 2 more Alpine and the other 6 were Coast eggs.

Can't see what these guys look like as adults, I'll make my decision on which ones to hoard more.

1 hour ago, Gryphonic said:

For some reason I came home from work thinking TJ's hatchies would have grown up.  Drat.

I just checked this thread for the same reason. XD  Another entire day to go! Good thing I'll be sleeping for like eight of those very long hours.

Waiting for my current eggs to hatch so I can grab another batch. ❤️  So excited to see the adults!

I assumed shards were some kind of metal, perhaps even precious to an extent (perhaps just a pure piece of iron, thus can be used as currency or melted into useful tools if desired, but otherwise loses value if not in shard/tradeable form). Instead of how our metal currency is shaped into coins (and thus referred to as such), these are long and skinny, perhaps diamond shaped, and flat-leafed. And that's simply how the currency looks. Maybe it's shaped that way to resemble a dragon scale? 

37 minutes ago, hazeh said:

I assumed shards were some kind of metal, perhaps even precious to an extent (perhaps just a pure piece of iron, thus can be used as currency or melted into useful tools if desired, but otherwise loses value if not in shard/tradeable form). Instead of how our metal currency is shaped into coins (and thus referred to as such), these are long and skinny, perhaps diamond shaped, and flat-leafed. And that's simply how the currency looks. Maybe it's shaped that way to resemble a dragon scale? 

Oh? I thought the shards were shards of mana like in Mana Alchemy or Megaman Legends. Shards too small to be used for anything else.

1 minute ago, Shokomon said:

Oh? I thought the shards were shards of mana like in Mana Alchemy or Megaman Legends. Shards too small to be used for anything else.

7 hours ago, TJ09 said:

What if they're shards of some other fantastical precious mineral?

Solid mana is relatively inert, but only "relatively" so because liquid mana is so volatile. I wouldn't really want to just casually carry it around in my pocket. Given how useful mana is as an energy source, it might not make a very good currency directly. Most developed societies I've seen seem to use abstract "proxy" objects that don't directly have use or value as currency; otherwise, you're just bartering.

I figured since TJ mentioned mana might be a bit dangerous to carry around as currency (especially, I assume, in large quantities for wealthier people) that something more banal would probably be used. 

7 hours ago, TJ09 said:
  12 hours ago, cbussiere said:

Also I always assumed they were shards of mana crystals, since crystals have become really significant in DC lore and their symbol looks like a cluster of crystals.

What if they're shards of some other fantastical precious mineral?

Solid mana is relatively inert, but only "relatively" so because liquid mana is so volatile. I wouldn't really want to just casually carry it around in my pocket. Given how useful mana is as an energy source, it might not make a very good currency directly. Most developed societies I've seen seem to use abstract "proxy" objects that don't directly have use or value as currency; otherwise, you're just bartering.

Oh never mind then.

Edit: lol :ph34r:'d

Edited by Shokomon

The shape of the shards reminds me of the 2016 Valentine's Day crystal things so I spontaneously assumed that the currency would be something similar. :)

https://dragcave.net/images/C0Vn.png

22 more hours until we see adults, really? *impatiently pokes TJ's hatchlings*

I'm still not sure if I should get a second batch or wait to breed them... Picked up a few AP eggs last night but the AP is literally ER-timed right now so those don't keep me locked for long!

Wait, so the shards are not canonically mana? 😮 not sure where I got that from then. Could have sworn I read it but I guess I just assumed XD

PLS HATCH GROW UP TJ DERGS

I think I might catch a couple new releases and send them to the AP since I have the eggslots. :) Two Slytherin sneks have gone, already. Might do two more of each, next.

PS: AP's on ER right now.

Edited by lovecats99

Bit late to the party, but where is the actual market to buy eggs? I don't see a link anywhere o:

I'd like to know how many shards I have already!

Edited by TheDarkLatias

5 minutes ago, TheDarkLatias said:

Bit late to the party, but where is the actual market to buy eggs? I don't see a link anywhere o:

Market link is up top of the page, by your username!

cirlc.png.76f53d82b19a89201f8c7383dc96a6e6.png

8 minutes ago, TheDarkLatias said:

Click on your shard count, it will take you to the Market. (See where I marked it with an arrow)

shards.png

Edited by Laura-Borealis
NINJA'D

51 minutes ago, Kaini said:

Market link is up top of the page, by your username!

cirlc.png.76f53d82b19a89201f8c7383dc96a6e6.png

10 minutes ago, Queenofdragons6 said:

Where can the market be found?

On desktop ^

On mobile it is in the nav bar.

Edited by Whirlaway