TJ09

2018-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day!

19 minutes ago, Gryphonic said:

That brings up so many more questions...Like Eben's contribution.  :unsure:

And speaking of Galsreim encyclopedias, I wonder if children there are given picture books of dragon species.  I want to believe this is a thing.

Probably! Earth children already learn about some animal species, I don't see why Galsreim children wouldn't learn about possibly the group of animals they'll interact with most aside from humans. I bet they learn about stuff like the different types of mana in school too.

1 hour ago, Xasora said:

That's a quote by a philosopher. Plato, I think?

It might not be their personal belief, they could be sending cards with random quotes about love.

That could be. Didn't know that was an actual quote. Still not the most tasteful thing to say but it is what it is.

11 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

.... Well I'm confused. I thought it'd reset at midnight and we'd be able to interact with the greyed-out dragons again. I know some people went through every single dragon and got them all greyed-out, does this mean they can't gather any more flowers for the rest of the event?? 

It takes 5 hours and 45 minutes to grab all the flowers. That's quite a lot of time, some people don't have as much availability to spend on DC.

15 minutes ago, cbussiere said:

Probably! Earth children already learn about some animal species, I don't see why Galsreim children wouldn't learn about possibly the group of animals they'll interact with most aside from humans. I bet they learn about stuff like the different types of mana in school too.

"A is for Almerald, scaled in green.

B is for Blue-Banded, fishing in streams.

C is for Canopy, that nests up in trees.

D is for Daydream, that drifts on the breeze..."

"Haha, I am sorry but perhaps you would do better making new friends."

Holly dragon with the real life advice here.

PS. This event makes me wish I had a dragon on DC. I would have so gone the botanist route and made it hand out 10 flowers, but at 1 minute wait instead of 3...

I do hope we get to keep the ones we sent, so that we can see the flowers, even after the event is over. I'm trying to send at least one card with each flower, but I haven't received very many, so the flowers would be gone, for me, if the sent messages disappear afterwards...

4 minutes ago, MoonTiger said:

I've sent 57 cards XD

Sent 71 here. >_> Received 23.

I wonder if they're distributed to all users or only those who have logged on during the event... I hope the cards are going to active users.

1 minute ago, Aalbiel said:

Huh. 64 to go, then. :P

This is so much fun! I love sending messages, although I'm not really in the mood for puns today (sorry!). But the cards and the flowers and the dragons are so pretty, can't stop looking at them!

Many thanks to everyone involved!

Same. I'm also wondering if one person can randomly end up with more than one card from the same sender. 

I've got 24. I'm dying for some pun and joke action today :3

Edited by MoonTiger

4 minutes ago, MoonTiger said:

Same. I'm also wondering if one person can randomly end up with more than one card from the same sender.

If this works like the 2014 Holiday event, you can. :)

41 minutes ago, Gryphonic said:

"A is for Almerald, scaled in green.

B is for Blue-Banded, fishing in streams.

C is for Canopy, that nests up in trees.

D is for Daydream, that drifts on the breeze..."

Love this! 

Back to hunting the AP and sending out flowers now. Stayed up until almost 2am last night, which means that I'm not exactly my sharpest at the moment, but I can still fawn over the pretty flowers!

Is there an overview somewhere yet about which artist did which flower/dragon/card? And can we get the dragon heads for our sigs somewhere? I need an Omen... <3

29 minutes ago, walkinslow said:

If this works like the 2014 Holiday event, you can. :)

I got two from the same user, so ye, you can get more than one.

8 hours ago, Dorchet said:

Will say, it sure is nice having every single Valentine’s dragon as a pair of caveborns. I really love the rereleases and hope that will continue through to this Halloween and beyond!

Same, I could definitely use a few more CB Halloween buddies, especially Bone Marrows, Pumpkins and Shadow Walkers, and I only need one more CB Holly and Yulebuck. I'm all set with everything else. :D this event has been amazing! My favorite yet.  And it took a lot to outdo Snow Wars.

Eta: I wasnt keeping score, I was just sending out cards left and right and enjoying it, but wow. I justed counted. I've sent 80 cards and recieved 76! I'm trying to send more than I recieve but you guys are so full of awesome it's hard staying ahead! Lmao! XD

Edited by Syiren

2 minutes ago, Andromen said:

25fszlx.png

"find my family"

Aw, I feel so bad for the Blue-Banded..

I know, poor little guy! I wonder what happened, why can't he find his family? I need the rest of the story now, they do get reunited right?!

1 minute ago, HeatherMarie said:

I know, poor little guy! I wonder what happened, why can't he find his family? I need the rest of the story now, they do get reunited right?!

Oh I hope they do! (if his/her family is dead, requiescat in pace :'( )

OK, what am I missing? All of my Dragons (33) are grayed out and I only have 66 flowers.. and not all of them have flower images, just blank boxes.

Is this another case of my ad blocker messing with the event?