TJ09

2018-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day!

Been sending flowers almost non-stop for the past hour (I put cookies in the oven but that took like two minutes). ... Speaking of which, anyone want a warm cookie? *sets some out*

This is such a fun event. I still have dragons left to interact with, trying to draw it out as long as possible since it doesn't seem they'll be refreshed once they are greyed out. 

Oh shoot I scrolled over the new reporting system and accidentally reported something ... I was just hoping it linked to the other person's cards.

A bit late to the party this year...we finally have a home again and so unpacking boxes has taken a large portion of my free time so I'm JUST getting started on this event. And OMG so adorable! I love it!

2 minutes ago, Twilight_Moon_Racer said:

Question when does the flower gathering card giving event end does anyone know?

The event ends on the 20th, 11:59 PM DC time. :)

@LadyLyzar @purpledragonclaw @Earth Gurl (I can't think of any more mods...) Can someone please try to get clarification from TJ on when the new 2018 Valentine's dragon stops dropping? TJ's OP says end of 17th, but also says 3 days, while end of 17th is *four* days. Would really like this to get cleared up!

ya know what would be cool is if after valentines day we can keep all the flowers we collected they are cool and pritty. 

i would love to keep them and look over them from time to time. 

7 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

@LadyLyzar @purpledragonclaw @Earth Gurl (I can't think of any more mods...) Can someone please try to get clarification from TJ on when the new 2018 Valentine's dragon stops dropping? TJ's OP says end of 17th, but also says 3 days, while end of 17th is *four* days. Would really like this to get cleared up!

Usually when he states 'until x day' it's midnight when the day changes. So it would be midnight the night of the 16th end/17th beginning.

1 minute ago, IvoryRaven15 said:

Usually when he states 'until x day' it's midnight when the day changes. So it would be midnight the night of the 16th end/17th beginning.

The OP specifically states:

While you're at it, don’t forget to grab these new Valentine’s eggs. They’ll be around from now until the end of Feb. 17 (three full days), so get hunting.

It says *end* of 17th. It also says three full days. Those two things are contradictory. That's why I'm asking for clarification.

I'll escalate that!

ETA: I'm getting ready to be AFK for a few hours, so hopefully a response will either be left by TJ or will be posted by one of the other mods.

Edited by purpledragonclaw

43 minutes ago, RougeRaven said:

ya know what would be cool is if after valentines day we can keep all the flowers we collected they are cool and pritty. 

i would love to keep them and look over them from time to time. 

You keep all the messages you get and send, so try to collect one of every flower! :) 

got all my flowers earlier.  i'm glad everyone has a week to do it but i will be busy.

i too would like to keep the flowers with their descriptions.  

This event... It's pure gold. I absolutely love it. The flowers, the dragons from their pictures to their speech... it's amazing. :lol:

1 hour ago, purpledragonclaw said:

I'll escalate that!

ETA: I'm getting ready to be AFK for a few hours, so hopefully a response will either be left by TJ or will be posted by one of the other mods.

Thank you very much for looking into this.

So, question for everyone: Which flower (or non-flower) is your favorite? I really like the Mage Echo 'energy' flower from the Magi, but I can't help loving the adorable snek above all else.

5 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Thank you very much for looking into this.

So, question for everyone: Which flower (or non-flower) is your favorite? I really like the Mage Echo 'energy' flower from the Magi, but I can't help loving the adorable snek above all else.

The lantana and conifer blossom are my favorites, although the pinwheel is simply precious. 

Does the badge change or am I imagining things? I could've sworn mine only had 4 petals before but now it has 5.

13 minutes ago, Kovia said:

Does the badge change or am I imagining things? I could've sworn mine only had 4 petals before but now it has 5.

I wish I checked sooner. Mine has 5, but I didn't notice if it was different before.

I hate to look though 50 pages...does anybody know how many flowers and things we collect?

Sending all 109 flowers is hard when you previously sent them randomly and I don't know which you haven't sent yet x'D

2 hours ago, marienine said:

Oh shoot I scrolled over the new reporting system and accidentally reported something ... I was just hoping it linked to the other person's cards.

Same here. Wondered what the flag was and accidentally hid a card. Is there any way to get it back?

Is everyone's goal to receive all the flowers (under the premise that whatever you've "collected," even if you collect all of them, will disappear at the end)? Or is everyone just collecting them all and sending flowers casually? .-.

I still haven't gotten them all yet, but I'm wondering if we're doing a checklist-huntdown of sorts (like other years), or if this year is more leisurely.

15 minutes ago, gotw3 said:

Is everyone's goal to receive all the flowers (under the premise that whatever you've "collected," even if you collect all of them, will disappear at the end)? Or is everyone just collecting them all and sending flowers casually? .-.

I still haven't gotten them all yet, but I'm wondering if we're doing a checklist-huntdown of sorts (like other years), or if this year is more leisurely.

Some people in the 'give a flower get a flower' thread in Site Discussion do have checklists and post screenshots to show which ones they don't have yet. Personally I'm not too concerned about receiving them all because I'm taking screenshots of *everything* in the event, but I'm sure some people don't want to go through all that trouble, lol.

Just now, HeatherMarie said:

Some people in the 'give a flower get a flower' thread in Site Discussion do have checklists and post screenshots to show which ones they don't have yet. Personally I'm not too concerned about receiving them all because I'm taking screenshots of *everything* in the event, but I'm sure some people don't want to go through all that trouble, lol.

Ooh, thank you! I think I'll try to do that. ^_^