TJ09

2018-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day!

Question about the event that I can't seem to find an answer for; Does each dragon have a set amount of times it can be sent out, or is it a case of once it brings back a certain flower its done? I've had some dragons stop after one, but others I've been able to send out more than once.

There are some dragons that you can send out more than once. They bring back a set amount of flowers and then become unavailable.

Edited by Enuescaris

Just now, Enuescaris said:

There are some dragons that you can send out more than once. They bring back a set amount of flowers and then become unavailable.

Thank you - I figured that was the case, but wanted to make sure :)

9 hours ago, JereduLevenin said:

;) Ooh good, someone finally noticed. It doesn't stop there, though. <3333

Ha, I knew it! I saw that and immediately brought it to my skype group. But a certain doubter was being a doubter, so I dragged it here. (Also, love your avatar! XD )

Alas, Tales of the Abyss is a rather obscure fandom. :( It's taken me a long time to find as many people as I have that do know about it. (And half of them don't count because I introduced them to it.) Abyssal Starlight was also one of the last three or four flowers I got, or I'd have been in the thread asking about it much sooner.

Aside from the obvious Frozen reference, I don't think I noticed much of anything else... (Unless I was right to bust up laughing over the Jade Peony?)

Spoiler

Snowfall Lily: The air around this flower is frigid. You should probably let it go.

...Wait a second...

Spoiler

5a85898f4a0ef_SopheriaGraces.jpg.eccf3647ece4ca49098a218c65c01d80.jpg

...It's a sopheria... -thumps her head against the wall- And for all that I have an OC named Selenia whom another OC keeps mistakenly calling 'Sopheria', that took me a depressingly long time to figure out. In a weak defense... I've only played Graces once, and Abyss... um... Well, I don't think I'm quite into the double-digits.

...Although the Corpse Lily looks a lot like a rafflesia...

-goes back to head-banging-

Just now, MinkishMinx said:

Finally unlocked all the flowers! ♥ I'll miss reading all those cute dragon dialogues. 

They are so good... although that one dragon you send out three times who thinks you hate her flowers D: Ahh, my heart, it weeps!

3 minutes ago, cerimonster said:

They are so good... although that one dragon you send out three times who thinks you hate her flowers D: Ahh, my heart, it weeps!

I feel like giving the little one a hug!  D: 

1 minute ago, MinkishMinx said:

I feel like giving the little one a hug!  D: 

Right? and what about that mint? I feel so bad for scaring it :(

Got all my flowers. Amazing spriting! And so much of it too. I really enjoyed this valentine's day event . Good job TJ and team! ^_^

This event is so much fun, getting flowers from the dragons and sending Valentine's Card. :D  Thank you so much TJ and everyone involved in the event.

I can't possibly be the only one questioning the wisdom of constantly bothering these dragons to get flowers...can I? XP

Also, yikes, Sun's up...I just pulled an all-nighter.  I better get to sleep, if I want this cold to go away...

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

1 hour ago, cerimonster said:

That was probably the Almerald. That's exactly the one I felt sorry for earlier... oh my^^'

Does anyone know if we are going to keep our collected flowers? Or will it just be the cards we received that will be later visible, when we click on our badge?

2 hours ago, lucidapple said:

I got one that said 'love is a serious mental disease'. Feel sorry for that person honestly.

That's a quote by a philosopher. Plato, I think?

It might not be their personal belief, they could be sending cards with random quotes about love.

13 minutes ago, Magellan said:

That was probably the Almerald. That's exactly the one I felt sorry for earlier... oh my^^'

Does anyone know if we are going to keep our collected flowers? Or will it just be the cards we received that will be later visible, when we click on our badge?

TJ has said somewhere in the help section that we only keep the cards recieved and possibly also sent (don't quote me on the latter).

I love this event! Love it! The dragons are adorable and it's great to be able to interact with them.

The new babies are looking sweet too, can't wait to see them all grown up. ^_^

Is it bad that I don't want to send any cards out?  I don't want to lose any of these flowers.  It's like having a mini guide book to the flora that exists in Galsreim

2 minutes ago, Data_Girl_3 said:

Is it bad that I don't want to send any cards out?  I don't want to lose any of these flowers.  It's like having a mini guide book to the flora that exists in Galsreim

You won't lose the flowers if u send the cards tho :0c

5 minutes ago, MonochromeMelody said:

You won't lose the flowers if u send the cards tho :0c

I just want to say that I love that it's that way, thanks DC! We get to keep our botanic encyclopedias AND broadcast as many cards as we want.

Also, speaking of botany.. I wonder if we could infer that most of the flowers grow in the same habitats the dragon species habitates?

17 minutes ago, cbussiere said:

Also, speaking of botany.. I wonder if we could infer that most of the flowers grow in the same habitats the dragon species habitates?

That brings up so many more questions...Like Eben's contribution.  :unsure:

And speaking of Galsreim encyclopedias, I wonder if children there are given picture books of dragon species.  I want to believe this is a thing.