TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

Tempted to hunt the ones I need for myself once I'm unlocked but I love to gift these pretties to people. Struggles of being nice XD 

I think it's time I quit trying to get a CB Holly today. Too many people, and not enough eggs. :lol: Bah Humbug!

my theory is, people want to kill off everyone's eggs to keep the AP moving when you get more eggs and they get their hollies lol 

probs or im paranoid but /shrug

Alternatively their eggs are sick, so they're just a bit fixated on it for the moment. 

Hah yeah, I was having some real difficulties catching any Yulebucks. A kind person sent me a message and is going to send me an egg though, which I'm super happy for! I only wish I could catch and help others too =P Mobile isn't the best for that, it would seem.

Sad to see that almost a quarter of the eggs I've bred to the AP so far are sick, and highly likely to die. I wish people would remember to not stick them in hatcheries immediately, especially during the busy holidays =( It's why I'm putting off breeding my other CB pairs for now.

1 minute ago, Tehya Faye said:

Alternatively their eggs are sick, so they're just a bit fixated on it for the moment. 

Their eggs have 12 views. They're not sick.

Just now, Dragon_Arbock said:

Their eggs have 12 views. They're not sick.

Ah, didn't check the views - just saw that they were fogged. 

lol u talking abt me? my eggs got added to hatcheries too, i just caught it before they got sick is all

just makes sense to me

some people are nasty why do you think this is me because i thought of it? accusing someone lol do you think those people would expose themselves and post here? its stupid

maybe its you then lol

Because I'd expect someone to actually be upset and not say 'lol' 5 times a post.

Either way, I've fogged all my stuff to be safe now..

i posted here, dragons immediately got added to hatcheries, so i fogged then isn't that simple? no one has to be a mastermind to come up with theories to why people do nasty things 

whats the problem with using lol a lot ? ;) i'm not upset because my dragons didn't get sick, but i'm not happy either for peoples dragons being killed, so hey look at yourself first before pointing fingers

I'm not entirely sure it is a hatchery, honestly. If it was they'd probably be dead considering the current state of EATW.

There are 32 members viewing the thread alone who might just all be individually curious.

Got my 2 Wrapping Wings and Solstices with relative ease! Now all that's left is the Hollies. Not having any luck now, but hopefully in a few days it will be a bit better. So glad for the chance to get Caveborns of Holiday dragons!!!

dunno? i hid quickly enough to know, i checked some hatcheries and they weren't in it, i was just going to remove and not fog but then i decided to keep them fogged since i posted here already, less risky

every time i refreshed the page they were getting views so i don't think so many curious people go on checking every single scroll here, unless they have bad intentions :/  

edit for typo

Edited by Scarlet

I can say that I myself have been reading all the posts of eggs/hatchies dying from being viewbombed/EATW. I really don't think it's helpful to be suggesting *specific other people are the cause of it. I find the DC community to be so friendly overall, which is a main reason why I play. Let's just keep up the good spirits and don't let the bad eggs get us down. (yes that was a lame pun :) )

Edited by innate

I'm merely curious cause when I put an egg in EATW last night it gained view a lot faster than what this seems like.

I wouldn't even be concerned with the possibility of people adding my eggs if EATW wasn't a death machine right now.

Any hatchery is going to have increased traffic due to the holiday event, troubles with EATW aside.

I do not recommend playing ANY eggs in hatcheries until they are at least 24 hours old - possibly even 48 hours - during a special event like this one.

Edited by LadyLyzar

I grabbed my two Hollies and found that several of my dragons are now sick. Now everything is fogged.

Good luck to those hunting!

Accusations of viewbombing fly around during nearly almost every event, and people who add their eggs to hatcheries right away during said events will often lose them.

From my years on DC, I've observed that malicious viewbombing is actually fairly rare for how often that word is tossed around.  However, I always fog anything precious in case someone does decide to be vindictive.

Since these have limits, having eggs die is especially bad.  Be extremely careful, and exercise the same care with the new release on Christmas Day.

Well a CB male holly to go with my CB female will be amazing :D

I'm still very much appreciative of the Holiday biomes  <3 I've missed many releases over the years, and my collecting OCD is happy I can fill my limits for holiday CB's lol. Kinda sucks I had two eggs die before I even realized cuz I was dumb and forgot about holiday traffic but ah well, at least I have more room and they weren't anything I needed.

Edit: Regular eggs, not holiday thank God lol.

Edited by SkyKimimota

If anyone has had a CB Aegis die, please PM me and I'll send you one. I picked it up at the initial drop last night so it's like you didn't lose time for this one. :) Please include your scroll link as well when PMing me so I can verify that you've had one die of sickness. I will edit this post when it's gone.

Edited by innate

I'm so excited to get the missing CB holidays I didn't have.  I have Warded them because I'm reading horror stories about view bombing.  >.>  That's seriously not cool to do.

My happy dilemma is how to breeding all my personal projects that will still leave me two egg slots on the 25th.  I didn't expect to have the opportunity to get the missing CB holidays.  But that's the kind of problem I want to have in my life.

I hope everyone is able to get dragons they want.

24 minutes ago, mo7 said:

Well a CB male holly to go with my CB female will be amazing :D

That is pretty cool!  

Edited by ytak