TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

My mouse seems badly affected by a win10 update recently -  I tried 3 mice, all manner of corrective actions... including system restore and no dice... If anyone can help me out with a single yulebuck (CB), it would help greatly, because I cannot get my mouse ot middle click on anything at the moment - also is anyone else having this issue in this event? my spouse is.

And as for dealing with the griefers - I'd suggest for the event to turn off your scroll name and maybe remove scroll link from your signature, fog hatchies and hide scroll -  its extreme, but would be better than disappointment.

Edited by Starscream

I HAVE A CB HOLLY YES YES YESSSSSSS!!!

Got two Ribbon Dancers, Snow Angels and Yulebucks, managed to misclick on the Forest and accidentally catch an Ochredrake but the very last free eggslot is now happily filled with a CB Holly, and tomorrow, after I I've abandoned the Ochredrake I will go hunt for the second Holly.

2011 was my first christmas on DC, so I already have Winter Magi and all the holiday dragons after them.

Everytime I've been clicking on eggs in the Holiday Biome, it's telling me that I have 2 of each breed already. Does this mean that those eggs are still affected by the 2 per Breed CB limit?

Just now, Cassie_Fenix said:

Everytime I've been clicking on eggs in the Holiday Biome, it's telling me that I have 2 of each breed already. Does this mean that those eggs are still affected by the 2 per Breed CB limit?

Yes, you still can only have 2 CB's of each Christmas dragon.

Sadly that's the case. 

Well, I heard someone else managed to get three CB Hollies this year, so what's going on with that?

Edit: Well, that's going to make it tricky for me, since the only CB Holidays I don't have are the Hollies, and they're the most sought-after breed there... *sigh* :(

Edited by Cassie_Fenix

5 minutes ago, Starscream said:

My mouse seems badly affected by a win10 update recently -  I tried 3 mice, all manner of corrective actions... including system restore and no dice... If anyone can help me out with a single yulebuck (CB), it would help greatly, because I cannot get my mouse ot middle click on anything at the moment - also is anyone else having this issue in this event? my spouse is.

And as for dealing with the griefers - I'd suggest for the event to turn off your scroll name and maybe remove scroll link from your signature, fog hatchies and hide scroll -  its extreme, but would be better than disappointment.

Used your command prompt to turn off Cortana. That might help, to start. That godforsaken program takes up almost 90% processing.

Still waiting for the people viewing the cave to die down a bit... it's been fluctuating at around 150 or so.

From what I know there was a glitch in the beginning of the release, so that is most likely how.

Just now, Condorflight said:

From what I know there was a glitch in the beginning of the release, so that is most likely how.

If so, I want everyone to got even treatment here....

Just now, TheDarkLatias said:

Used your command prompt to turn off Cortana. That might help, to start. That godforsaken program takes up almost 90% processing.

Still waiting for the people viewing the cave to die down a bit... it's been fluctuating at around 150 or so.

Oh, it won't die down as long as people want to get their Hollies... --_-- ;; I feel like I should wait until the new Dragon is released and try then.

Well, I heard someone else managed to get three CB Hollies this year, so what's going on with that?

If that was in regards to my comment earlier I gifted the first one away so I could catch two more since I only had 1 at the time. Limits of 2 only still apply. 

Just now, DarknessDragon197 said:

If that was in regards to my comment earlier I gifted the first one away so I could catch two more since I only had 1 at the time. Limits of 2 only still apply. 

Ah... I'm still trying to chase my single one, but every time I get close, it's gone. XP

Just now, DarknessDragon197 said:

I figured it was something like that. Even if you do manage to click an egg, it'll just say "you already reached the limit" - right?

Just now, TheDarkLatias said:

I figured it was something like that. Even if you do manage to click an egg, it'll just say "you already reached the limit" - right?

Yep, that's exactly right ^^

I'm actually quite glad there is the 2 CB/breed limit. I would have misclicked countless recent holiday dragons instead those i actually need ... and imagine the horror if people tried to fill up eight egg slots with Hollies ... it's hard enough to get them as it is!

Well, I have it easy, I don't ever freeze so I don't need to worry about frozen hatchies taking up CB slots :P

5 minutes ago, Gluria said:

I'm actually quite glad there is the 2 CB/breed limit. I would have misclicked countless recent holiday dragons instead those i actually need ... and imagine the horror if people tried to fill up eight egg slots with Hollies ... it's hard enough to get them as it is!

Well, I have it easy, I don't ever freeze so I don't need to worry about frozen hatchies taking up CB slots :P

But later Hollies are likely to get stuck behind th emore recent breeds too few people will be able to take. Pumpkins were easy on Halloween after the hype,

I basically cant' catch a Holly because I missed more than 4 breeds and can't blindly clickspam unlike people who filled the limits on 4 and less missing breeds but still have no holly and who can safely clikspam taking the chance from those who have to be picky to not lock themselves with other breeds they missed.... I missed 5 so I'd need 10 eggslots to safely clickspam for a holly now. I didn't have a similar issue with Pumpkins...

Edited by MhKhu

1 minute ago, MhKhu said:

But later Hollies are likely to get stuck behind th emore recent breeds too few people will be able to take. Pumpkins were easy on Halloween after the hype,

Yea, I was happy when i got my CB Pumpkin this year, as well as the Despis, which I didn't have.

12 minutes ago, MhKhu said:

I basically cant' catch a Holly because I missed more than 4 breeds and can't blindly clickspam unlike people who filled the limits on 4 and less missing breeds but still have no holly and who can safely clikspam taking the chance from those who have to be picky to not lock themselves with other breeds they missed.... I missed 5 so I'd need 10 eggslots to safely clickspam for a holly now. I didn't have a similar issue with Pumpkins...

Then just start with the other breeds you don't yet have ;)

That's what I did. Filled myself up and if I had missed more, I'd simply wait two days for the first batch to hatch, and then there still would have been three days to Hollyhunt.

I sure wish the ratios would be balanced out a bit more though. Very few Hollies and a lot of the younger breeds. We need it the other way round!

Edited by Gluria

So it is a 2CB limit for Hollies as well? I think I have everything I needed if that's the case. ^_^ 

1 minute ago, Earth Gurl said:

So it is a 2CB limit for Hollies as well? I think I have everything I needed if that's the case. ^_^ 

Yup. Still working on grabbing two for me. I haven't gotten any yet. XP

2 minutes ago, zombiemoon said:

Oh wow, my eggs died within eight hours. I didn't think they'd die that quickly? I'm really bummed.

Holiday eggs are ridiculously fragile. Putting them anywhere before they are at least a day old, well, you've now seen the unfortunate results. I'm sorry you lost your eggs. You should fog your replacements for a day before adding them to hatcheries, & keep an eye on them when you do.