TJ09

2017-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

I am now scroll-locked with 0 eggs and 24 hatchlings, and none of them will grow up for at least two days. *is already impatient!* I'm assuming these are the last of the Halloweens I'll get since the wall will probably be gone by the time I unlock, but I am *very* happy with my catches this season.

@LuvDragonsThere's no limit to the number of CB Halloween dragons you can get, even when they first come out. That's only for Christmas and Valentine's. The people who were releasing the eggs to the AP would have been grabbing as many as they wanted to and then abandoning them manually after 5 hours.

Oh ok that's good to know for next year's Halloween. If that is the case I might do the same thing and keep 2 then put the rest in the ac.  That is if I can remember to go in there at the stroke of Midnight on Oct. 31st :)   Oh wow I just noticed that one I caught before I left to play cards has done a complete transformation when I went to put in my newest eggie on the Hatchling club. It now looks like that of a big silk cocoon that the catepillars spin before they turn into a moth.  But these guys sure don't look anything like a moth:) Soooooooo cool!!!!!!

Edited by LuvDragons

I think I've got the last batch of eggs I can get. Beautiful lineages. We definitely need a fledgling BSA to get these hatchlings moving quicker, LOL Best Halloween EVER.

Awesome adult sprites! Love the aesthetic, this year; very different than the rest of them. Thank you for a great release and event! ^^

I only regret forgetting to grab another CB Witchlight :/ oh well, there's always next year.

Edited by Natakiro

I really love the work from birdz and Process, but the new Halloween dragon is much too busy. I had problems, especially on the female, to find the head. It is too much detail in that little area.

But I want to congrat Process and birdz for the release!

Are the adults really that complex...? I had a much more difficult time parsing the hatchings; the adults are much simpler by comparison.

I do hope that they aren't altered because people can't tell where a perfectly visible head is.

4 hours ago, Marie19R said:

I am now scroll-locked with 0 eggs and 24 hatchlings, and none of them will grow up for at least two days. *is already impatient!* I'm assuming these are the last of the Halloweens I'll get since the wall will probably be gone by the time I unlock, but I am *very* happy with my catches this season.

I know how you feel XD I'm completely locked with hatchies, two of which I'm only waiting for their new owner to pick up, but thankfully at least a couple of mine mature tomorrow, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that the wall lasts. Probably won't XD

Also, most likely it's just me, but I kinda don't understand how people had trouble finding the heads on the Omens >.> I was able to tell straight away, even with how busy they are...oh well. Still love them :)

5 hours ago, Marie19R said:

Me too ! It's driving me nuts - not least because I fog new hatchies and I have to keep checking to see which will grow up next !

I'm not locked (or I won't be once I freeze my latest Graves), but I also couldn't randomly grab things if I wanted because I've capped my freezes... Gonna be pulling my hair out thinking of all the hatchlings I can't grab.

5 hours ago, Marie19R said:

It might surprise you by still being around - after all, most of us are in a similar boat and can't pick those babies up no matter how much we'd like to!

Judging by the AP lots of people are locked. SO MANY GOODIES! The last dragons I bred are at 3D17, so 10 hours past whats in the AP now. It's going to be a bit XD

Can you find the wyrm's head? 

Dora_Find_Floatie.jpg

I enjoyed my first Halloween event on DC, but now I have to abandon the discussion threads in case of any spoilers surrounding the new dragons. I wanna find out from my hatchies.

It was a great event. Thank you!! 

I personally don't really like the new dragon, but it is a good work on the sprites with so much details!

And the Halloween biome was amazing! I got at least a pair of each. <3

Now I'm trying to hatch as many of the AP eggs as I can and putting the babies back to the AP to get rid of this wall of dying eggs. But with the current lag it takes ages to hatch a low time egg... They simply don't get views even with six hatcheries at once...

Cheers

Seriva

I personally didn't have problems locating the head, and love all of the details that are in the sprite. It's intricate and complicated - just how an old, gnarled tree set alight with flames should be. :D

Very happy with this years Halloween event overall, I enjoyed every aspect of it! except for the part where I couldn't hoard 100 CB Marrows ahaha 

6 hours ago, Marie19R said:

Same here

I'll be able to try catching tomorrow morning if there are still Halloween dragons in the AP when my Omens grow up. Until then, I'm locked. Good luck hunting, everyone!

I haven't been by Yarolds or Hydra in ages, but they might be an option for people trying to hatch. But, I think no need to rush too much to hatch things. Everyone's full. And I even ran out of influences so I stopped hatching things when I couldn't influence them. My pinks are refreshing now, but no sense in hatching a nice lineage only to have it gender wrong.

Also reminds me I should donate to the hatcheries. With this much traffic their costs must be through the roof, and right before Christmas!

I really like the new dragons!  I managed to snag four CBs, two males and two females.  I used up my last Influence on one of the Omen eggs, which I'm bummed about because I found a great Witchlight egg in the AP that I would really like to influence female.  D:

Looking at the sprites, if the female were flipped and the two were made into a GIF, would look like they were headbanging to some rockin music

4 hours ago, Guillotine said:

Are the adults really that complex...? I had a much more difficult time parsing the hatchings; the adults are much simpler by comparison.

I do hope that they aren't altered because people can't tell where a perfectly visible head is.

Yeah, this. The hatchies were confusing, but now that I see the adults I know what's going on with them. I LIKE busy, complex spritework (I was gone when that nebula hybrid Nine mentioned was released, but I've seen the images and and fallen in love - I MUST HAVE THEM ALL). And I had no trouble identifying the head. It's like one of those optical illusion that I can't got the life of me tell why it's an illusion because it's not fooling my eyes but everyone else just sees the illusion.

*Taps fingers impatiently for birdz's concept art*

Edited by LibbyLishly

12 minutes ago, ZenithNadir said:

I really like the new dragons!  I managed to snag four CBs, two males and two females.  I used up my last Influence on one of the Omen eggs, which I'm bummed about because I found a great Witchlight egg in the AP that I would really like to influence female.  D:

Do you have an aeon to use precognition on it to see if it might already be female? If not, perhaps try the influence for me thread (maybe someone isn't locked and can help you).

Edited by Jazeki
Autocorrect

5 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

Do you have an aeon to use precognition on it to see if it might already be female? If not, perhaps try the influence for me thread (maybe someone isn't locked and can help you).

I already precog'd it and it's set to gender male, unfortunately!  Thanks for the thread name - I knew there was probably a thread like that but I had no idea what it was called.  

I really dont want these being simplified just because people cant see a visible head or think its too busy (its really not).

They're not my favourites, but I'm satisfied with this release.