TJ09

2017-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

I have another query how the heck am I supposed to get to this 3rd party hosting update?? When I click on the url below it all I do is to go to another page on the forum? Do I have to copy it and then paste it in the url part?

@LuvDragonsOmen Wyrm eggs are already appearing in the AP. I've seen them.

Also, I just want to add that the custom cracking sequence for the Omen Wyrm eggs is incredibly cool! The best one on the site.

Jumps up and down yelling. I GOT ONE!!!!!! I GOT ONE!!!!  The lag in there is AWFUL!!!!!!! Do I dare try to get a 2nd one????:D

I want to love these, I really do... but I have a few hang-ups. I love the colors, the concept, them being a wyrm, and the gnarled wood characteristics they have. But the whole piece is so complex in detail to the point it takes away from the animal underneath it all. It reminds me of the hybrid Nebula/Ridgewing dragons, which had so much detailed fire everywhere that it detracted from the sprite.

For me, I think the main off-putting thing is in the heads. Having an easily identifiable face is important for human perspective-- we tend to want to focus on faces, and eyes, and all that. I think having a larger head, maybe colored different than the surrounding horns and fire, and/or larger, more defined eyes would have gone a long ways. Not everything has to have a giant head and a spotlight on the face, but when you've got a very complex body with lots of detail on a small sprite, it's that much easier to get distracted and lost.

I like the dragon, especially the female, but the sprites themselves aren't my favorite. They sort of remind me of what you'd get if you combined all flavors of Xenowyrms together: a chaos wyrm.

There is over 100 in there trying to all do the same thing. I will try again when I come back from playing cards. Around 10:15 or so.   Have to have my supper and then leave about quarter to 7. Starts at 7:00 but I am only five minutes from where we do.  I will go and gender this one and put in in Dragon dump. All 3 of my eggies now have holes in them.  

The adults look awesome! 

Unfortunately, like many amazing sprites, the lineage view makes them so squished and cropped that they just look like a gray blob and I can't imagine using them in a breeding project. :(

(Still crossing my fingers for the day when we get full-res sprites in lineage view.)

Wow, the sprites are gorgeous and I love the colours! But I have to agree with @Nine about the details. It took me a while to make out the shape of the dragon and to spot its actual head.

Holy mother of god...
These have officially became my favorite Halloween dragons, so much for the other two. These are hecka scary AND cool... I'm blown away at the fact I have five of them now, I wasn't expecting the hatchlings to grow up into such a thing. *Stares at mine lightly whispering "Growfasterplease".*

EDIT: Also I just realized that I think the females are slightly scarier. I was thinking those were the males until I eyed the genders, whoops. Don't mess with the mama dragon lol.

Another EDIT:
I gave all my hatchlings names now, I use their codes to help me make up dragon names for them. ;3; I like names that don't sound real whatsoever, because it makes me feel like it's mythical.
MOz2H was my first one, so Halloween '17.
70Gsz made me think 70G looked like Zog, I removed the S and added a G. Zoggez.
nkNPU had it's letters swapped around and an E added, Nekpu.
6dd8H was the hatchling I at first thought had 666 in it's name, so I named it Sixxes.
suTJ5 no like made me think "Suit" when I saw suT, but it also had a J in it's code. So I named it Suitjas.
See? I use the codes to help me make up some "Dragon" name lol. ;3; (Sixxes though... I love that a Halloween dragon tripped me out like that, lol.~)

Edited by AveryCF

2 hours ago, LuvDragons said:

I have another query how the heck am I supposed to get to this 3rd party hosting update?? When I click on the url below it all I do is to go to another page on the forum? Do I have to copy it and then paste it in the url part?

This is totally off topic - but it's photoshop, not the forum that does this. If you want to hotlink images from photobucket, you have to pay some enormous sum - I seem to recall $99 a year or something. Move them somewhere else ! Unless you WANT to pay. servimg is one possibility.... so is imgur.

The image that is sending you to  a forum thread is like the ones in my sig - I use images as links, to show what thread they will link to. It's nothing to do with a forum update - it's between whoever posted the image and photobucket. Until people stop linking to photobucket they will continue to make a mess in sigs - and will also, for some reason, link to the thread you are in until the links are also updated.

Edited by fuzzbucket

I love these new Halloween dragons.  They are very unique!

I participated in the ,dress up the Dragon,during Halloween.  I was curious as to the image and the amount of Candy that I got could be something I could retrieve and put on my Homepage? 

I don't have anything as in images except my Avatar  for my profile. It is quite drab and empty. I know everyone has to learn how to display media content on their Profile page.  If that's the case it's gonna a life time if not forever, and some mentor step by step help. And not on this device, but on a used PC, that is Microsoft. .... So I will go to that device and PM here where I left off.  marR33

Wir3Z3br@gmail.com 

If I can just get one more from the jungle, I'll be done collecting this year... *crosses fingers*

*flails* Did I miss them?! I was at work, and then an appt, and now that I'm actually able to be online again I haven't seen *any* Omens in the AP. I really hope I didn't miss them. ..... On the other hand, I dropped a lot to the AP myself, and picking up some from the AP feels like defeating the purpose of dropping them in the first place... Maybe I should just try for a few more Pumpkins. ..... Oh now I don't know what to do!

Haven't seen any in the AP yet though, I need to get one from the Jungle and I'll be set! (I traded one for a bunch of previous year's Halloween hatchies)

I nabbed 2 omens out of the AP and gifted them to people without earlier. I haven't seen any since. We may be hitting the deluge of last minute breeders. I hadn't seen many CBs at all since this morning but I did just nab a pair of cavern lurkers. THe hatcheries are totally flooded. Silvi's had 500+ in the ER. I've got all the main ones open helping hatch stuff so people can keep the AP moving.

I'm sure they're still in there somewhere, for the patient. :) I suspect I won't get to hunt any additional Halloween dragons before the AP is cleared, since I'm locked for the next two days, but best of luck to everyone else! 

*squeaks* *squeaks a lot!* I just got four more Pumpkins in the AP, and I now have my scroll-goal of Pumpkins! That's *four* Halloween breeds that I've reached scroll-goals with this season! So freaking excited!!

3 hours ago, Nine said:

I want to love these, I really do... but I have a few hang-ups. I love the colors, the concept, them being a wyrm, and the gnarled wood characteristics they have. But the whole piece is so complex in detail to the point it takes away from the animal underneath it all. It reminds me of the hybrid Nebula/Ridgewing dragons, which had so much detailed fire everywhere that it detracted from the sprite.

For me, I think the main off-putting thing is in the heads. Having an easily identifiable face is important for human perspective-- we tend to want to focus on faces, and eyes, and all that. I think having a larger head, maybe colored different than the surrounding horns and fire, and/or larger, more defined eyes would have gone a long ways. Not everything has to have a giant head and a spotlight on the face, but when you've got a very complex body with lots of detail on a small sprite, it's that much easier to get distracted and lost.

I like the dragon, especially the female, but the sprites themselves aren't my favorite. They sort of remind me of what you'd get if you combined all flavors of Xenowyrms together: a chaos wyrm.

Agreed. 

Huh. Neat adults but not to my taste for reasons already said. Too busy. Lovely work though!

Oh they are still in there. But then so is 123 people at one point. I went and played cards. HAH!!! Got there when they were already playing so had to sit out. I didn't mind as I got my stuff out that I brought and when finished sat and crocheted on my Baby blanket. You get 7 pts for sitting out. Then got home around 10:05 or so and put the stuff in the fridge--skipped watching Mayday to try and nab a 2nd omen egg. Saw about 4 of them but couldn't nab any of them then just about 2 minutes ago I got my 2nd one!!!!!  YAY!!!! Have influenced it to be male so will put in the hatchling club. 

I was with Photobucket when it was free but the pixs I had on it I had on my computer and don't need anymore now they want you to pay soooo I told them to delete my account as I don't really need it anymore anyway. Have Facebook I can post them on now.  They said that it will be deleted on the 5th of Nov. since they are closed on the weekend.  Soooooo I won't need to grab two bred ones as I got 2 from the ac.  Thank you everybody for doing this.  So just how does one do it?  Do you grab them and when the time is up abandon them then get your own, Or do you grab as many as you can and wait for DC to automatically abandon them off your scroll if you have three or over for the holiday ones??? If they do-do they let you keep two and all the rest you loose since they remove them from your scroll into the a/c?