TJ09

2017-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

This is a GREAT wyrm!!  Thanks to TJ and the spriters for such a cool dragon and a fantastic Halloween event!

1 minute ago, frozenboundary said:

It's not meant to be a pretty dragon.

The pretty colours, tho. *pets flames* -u-

I like the concept, but i find the sprite very hard to figure out what's going on, very busy and hard to make out

and before people jump down my throat for daring to say anything that's not a raving compliment, i guess i just prefer clean sprites over really messy ones that require you to squint at your screen to make out what's going on *shrug

i like Wyrms, i like the concept, i like the colors, but i'd have preferred a bit less chaotic colors thrown everywhere

Edited by Sirithiliel

@Lurhstaap It's a very pretty sprite, and I'm very, very excited for Process finally getting a holiday dragon in-cave! That's awesome. But just because some of us have comments that aren't 100% glowing doesn't mean we are being "unfair". Would you mind pointing out the mouths to me, that may help me see them better. I see where someone circled the head in a screenshot, but I can't figure out what part of that is the mouth.

I have seen no one giving any mean or unfair comments, simply their opinions and perhaps confusion over what's going on with the sprite. I absolutely adore the colors, and the flames, but I'd like them a lot more if I could understand where everything was.

1 minute ago, Marie19R said:

@Lurhstaap It's a very pretty sprite, and I'm very, very excited for Process finally getting a holiday dragon in-cave! That's awesome. But just because some of us have comments that aren't 100% glowing doesn't mean we are being "unfair". Would you mind pointing out the mouths to me, that may help me see them better. I see where someone circled the head in a screenshot, but I can't figure out what part of that is the mouth.

I have seen no one giving any mean or unfair comments, simply their opinions and perhaps confusion over what's going on with the sprite. I absolutely adore the colors, and the flames, but I'd like them a lot more if I could understand where everything was.

I found the females head right away. Took me a bit for the male because I mistakenly took something behind its head as the head. But now that I look it's pretty obvious. The mouth is open, the flames just might be obscuring it perhaps at first glance? I can see it but I'm not able to screenshot it atm.

OH!! Ooohhhh okay now I see it! For some reason I was seeing the big horn things as part of the actual head and it was confusing me. Okay, it makes a lot more sense now.

The more I look at them, the more detail I see (and I'm one of the ones who had no problem finding the head right away) - these are really just so intricate and gorgeous. I cannot WAIT to breed these with my female Hellfires. 

Every time I look at these wyrms, I keep thinking about how much I wish I had been chosen as a HM winner back when we had Christmas raffles. I really wanted a CB female hellhorse and I would have loved to breed her to an omen. :c

A little late to the game, but i hope it helps those that are still confused :) 

pinkish line - head

greenish line - spine

1.jpg

2.jpg

indeed, they have good form and shape, it's just obscured by so much noise XD lovely idea, good colors. Just not my cup of tea

I'm still getting used to how busy the sprites are, but they might turn out to be my new favourites! Love the colour scheme!

Adults look really interesting :D

but there a little bit hard to see! I would really really really love to see a drawing in full detail of them in the future :wub:

in fact, I wish we had a drawing of every breed of dragons we have! that would be amazing XD

Holy balls, those Omen Wyrms look fricking amazing. They've instantly become my 2nd fav Halloween dragons (sorry Black Marrows). Whoever made those deserve all of the praise.

I'm so glad I managed to get 8 of them.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THESE GUYS LOOK AWESOME!

SO COOL!

Thank you Birdzgozoom and Process!

Birdz got claims to all the wyrms. XD

Holly... what? ( I can't think of an appropriate epithet!!!)  They be wicked looking!!!  Gonna have to rename all eight of mine from the simplified names that I gave them...

Oh my gosh, I loooove them!! 

They're so coool

Gotta find a good breeding match for 'em! <3

Actually, I think their messines makes sense in context. Many animals (some snakes included) make their head indistinguishable from tail, so enemy will have a hard time trying to decide which end is more dangerous/easy to attack. That combined with a natural camouflage crates a deadly combination.

And also lovecraft-inspired chaotic fiery wyrm is AWESOME.

Edited by Jane113

@Varekis and nascentlicious  Thank you for the pics; the sprites finally make sense to me! XD   

I am on the fence about these guys. On one hand I adore the detail and uniqueness of the dragon, not to mention the lovely colors, but on the other hand I find the sprite busy on the eyes (I get that that's kinda the point, doesn't mean my brain likes it :p). Maybe if the heads were more defined it would be easier to make out which end is which?

I seem to remember an illustrated description that was released by the artists for the Desipis dragons when they were released which showed a larger scale image of the dragon anatomy. Something like that would definitely help to get our eyes and brains used to interpreting this sprite. Just a thought.

1 hour ago, Sirithiliel said:

I like the concept, but i find the sprite very hard to figure out what's going on, very busy and hard to make out

and before people jump down my throat for daring to say anything that's not a raving compliment, i guess i just prefer clean sprites over really messy ones that require you to squint at your screen to make out what's going on *shrug

i like Wyrms, i like the concept, i like the colors, but i'd have preferred a bit less chaotic colors thrown everywhere

same here, a little disappointed tbh

Not loving these as much as I hoped. The concept is awesome and I love the colors and detail work on the body, especially the female, but they're just too busy for my taste. It's hard to tell what's going on, especially with the male. I think it's at least partly due to all the swirling bright fire bits. My eyes just don't want to process it, no matter how cool the concept is.