TJ09

2017-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

I like the description. As for the sprite, it's incredibly detailed which kinda makes it hard to see where their faces are, etc. It's a really busy image. 

They are really nice, especially the male!

What troubles me a bit is the lineage view. Since they are so detailed it kinda looks... very messy and unrecognizable =O

Pros new dragon:

It is a Wyrm and i love biodiversity, we totally need a new wyrm! Cool colors, nice pose and wonderful concept. I also definetly appreciate the dimorphism between male and female.

Con new dragon:

His shape and outline is very hard to distinguish. I had problems finding the head in the male sprite. Definetly caotic and colors are so vivid that the borders aren't easy to distinguish. As others said it is very messy.

Edited by Naruhina_94

that's odd.

Process and birdz' hatchies are unfogged, but they aren't alts?

but some people said they had seen alt hatchies?

If anyone's looking for Halloweenies to freeze most of the AP is long, chaotic lineages.

the female one looks nice, but I can´t really make out a face in the male one ^^

6 minutes ago, arjunvohra said:

that's odd.

Process and birdz' hatchies are unfogged, but they aren't alts?

but some people said they had seen alt hatchies?

Maybe let's not spam their poor dragons with views and possibly make them sick? :) Spriter's don't usually get their alts till after they grow up, and if there were any hatchling sprites, the wiki will ask to host these so everyone can see.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this...

Adult descrip: "Due to the unique appearance and texture of their bodies, they often pass as dead trees as they wait for unsuspecting prey. " Egg descrip: " This warm egg is tangled in the roots of a dead tree." Did we somehow steal these from right underneath unsuspecting adult Omens??? :o

My eyesight is less than good.  After staring at the sprites for a while, I still can't see faces. 

I think I'll just go along with the 'dead tree' part on my scroll...

18 minutes ago, bluesonic1 said:

Maybe let's not spam their poor dragons with views and possibly make them sick? :) Spriter's don't usually get their alts till after they grow up, and if there were any hatchling sprites, the wiki will ask to host these so everyone can see.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this...

Adult descrip: "Due to the unique appearance and texture of their bodies, they often pass as dead trees as they wait for unsuspecting prey. " Egg descrip: " This warm egg is tangled in the roots of a dead tree." Did we somehow steal these from right underneath unsuspecting adult Omens??? :o

yes, I know that..

(talk about how long it took for snows to get alted lol)

but some people said that they had already seen alt hatchies?

well...their vision probably deceived them >.<

Wow, they're definitely one of the most beautiful dragons we've ever gotten! Their tile view is much too tiny for me to really have any interest in breeding them, but man I might just hoard them anyways. They look more piece of art than dragon and I love it!

WOW! These Omen Wyrms look quite different from all the Halloweens released before!

Though I'm not exceptionally fond of the sprite, undoubtedly it still takes a lot of efforts as usual. So, thank you to the spriters! :lol:

BTW, who can tell me where the head of the FEMALE Omen Wyrm is? Can't figure it out with my poor sight… XD

Edited by Lazurite

Wooow, these guys are stunning. Absolutely beautiful spritework, down to the detailed and hauntingly skeletal texture of their bodies and the color choices, the cool flame complements the pale body very well. I adore the concept/description as well - it reads like a legend. I did find the sprites a bit hard to read at first glance, but after looking more closely they're not too hard to make out. I think people might be having trouble with the fact that the male's eye-hole is in line with the cavities in his body? And @bluesonic1... that's horrifying! I hope they had big enough clutches to not miss them...

Also, smart move doing the dressup game before you give us a wyrm. XD

Spectacular idea, beautiful colors, unfortunately like others have said the execution is just off enough that it’s hard to tell what we are looking at. The male more so than the female. That being said, I really like them, and look forward to hoarding a handful of the hatchies. Thanks to the spriters and TJ - great Halloween this year. 

10 minutes ago, Lazurite said:

BTW, who can tell me where the head of the FEMALE Omen Wyrm is? Can't figure it out with my poor sight… XD

You see how her body is shaped like the letter 'S'? Her head is located in the same spot where you would first draw the letter. She is looking downwards. :)

Head.png

Hey y'all. Process has been an artist and community member for a long time, and after five or six years of trying, got their first holiday release. IDK if you folks realize it, but this is a very special time indeed! Special congrats to my dearest P-dawg. <3

If that is what they look like as adults it looks almost like a purple spotted boa snake with legs from the neck down.  And my most interesting caveborn  bolt egg better be a male as its code states its name is Wayn. :)  Minus the e.   So should there be 2017 Halloween eggs tomorrow in the ac?  They aren't running the go trains tomorrow due to track work but they are running the GO Buses I wonder if they would stop at the corner so I won't have to walk to the Train station to catch it and do the same coming home. Can phone them and see. I mean they have to go that way in order to get to it. So may be earlier or later.  Can try in the morning and when I come home from it.  What about Sunday?  Any being deposited then?

Huge congratz to Process for their first holiday release. Also, congratz to birdz. It's pretty special having a holiday dragon chosen.

11 minutes ago, LuvDragons said:

If that is what they look like as adults it looks almost like a purple spotted boa snake with legs from the neck down.  And my most interesting caveborn  bolt egg better be a male as its code states its name is Wayn. :)  Minus the e.   So should there be 2017 Halloween eggs tomorrow in the ac?  They aren't running the go trains tomorrow due to track work but they are running the GO Buses I wonder if they would stop at the corner so I won't have to walk to the Train station to catch it and do the same coming home. Can phone them and see. I mean they have to go that way in order to get to it. So may be earlier or later.  Can try in the morning and when I come home from it.  What about Sunday?  Any being deposited then?

...Is this a talk-to-text accident or a copy/paste accident? Either way, it was pretty surreal to read at first. :lol:

Also, yes, we should be seeing the 2017 CBs come through the AP tomorrow, unless a lot of the backlog gets cleared up today (or unless we can't actually clear out enough of the backlog before then).

Edited by LibbyLishly

@Process, congratulations on your first holiday release! It was a pleasure getting to work on these bad bois with you and I am really excited for you!!

Thanks for the kind words too, everyone else. It's hard to do things with pixels but without pushing boundaries you never really grow as an artist, and these were a big boundary push for both of us with a lot of ideas that we've both had for a long time and we both learned a lot throughout the... process. *cough* They were a lot of fun to make.

I would have more to post but posting from mobile is hard. ;p So I'll post more when I'm actually on a computer.

I thought maybe I could take the trains tomorrow  to the Royal Winter Fair and be home faster as the buses are slower.  And it isn't the bolt egg that is Wayne it is the green one with stripes.  Forget what they call it. But the adult is like a chrome green shade  Oh it is an altemerald draggie.  For some weird reason I missed out on quite a few 2016 eggs.  So am having to catch them now in the drops. I also managed to get a bolt one and a honey drakes one. Don't want to get many more in case I get a Halloween one from the a/c So they should be appearing there tomorrow right? Tomorrow night?  Tomorrow morning about 7 or so. Have to leave about  9 or so. What about Sunday?  Haven't got the Sept ones either but will wait and see if Ican get a 2017 Halloween one first. So if I do get one can you breed one to a regular one and get another Halloween one?  Next Oct. 30th of course as you won't get anything now.

Edited by LuvDragons