TJ09

2017-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

16 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

Do you have an aeon to use precognition on it to see if it might already be female? If not, perhaps try the influence for me thread (maybe someone isn't locked and can help you).

See TLQ; she has, and it's male !

@ScarletSomeone first posted in this thread that they were dropping in the AP 18 hours ago, and I posted about seeing one myself 17 hours ago.

Wonder if this year we get a november dragon, or have to wait til Christmas?

At first glance, they were a little difficult to distinguish - as they are indeed a busy sprite.

However, after a bit of getting used to, I can make out most of their minute details and other such features. I like them very much, and I sincerely hope that they aren't changed in the slightest as these are incredibly beautiful dragons. I highly commend both birdz and Process for their impressive work.

The adult sprites look absolutely amazing! I'm glad that there is now another Wyrm- perfect for Xenowyrm checkers. Happy (belated) Halloween, everyone!

Ooooh, another wyrm! I've been hoping that more would be released ever since the Xenos were revealed. I agree that they are a bit busy, but the colors are beautiful and clearly a lot of work went into creating them. I can't wait to breed them with Scripts and Chronos :D

Thanks for a great release, spriters!

First time looking at these on desktop (and the lineage views). Love the idea and design, but as mentioned by others, the overall effect at sprite size is busy and kind of hard to make sense of. Even more so in small lineage tiles. Ah well, still very cool beasties--hope we get some full size concept art of them! (Unless it's already been posted and I missed it?)

A huge thanks again to TJ for returning old CB Halloweens, and to everyone who put together the Halloween event! It was nice to have something so simple and cute in light of the chaos caused by CBs returning, haha! Wish I would've had more time to mess around with costumes, but work kept me pretty busy. 

Oy. I think for Holidays I may hold back on breeding a bit if we keep the CB Biome. Though having so many eggs outside of influence, maybe we'll see more mirrors again.

/sadface at 2d23 eggs

3 minutes ago, Vhale said:

Oy. I think for Holidays I may hold back on breeding a bit if we keep the CB Biome. Though having so many eggs outside of influence, maybe we'll see more mirrors again.

/sadface at 2d23 eggs

This happened last year too; it's not the fault of CBs, but rather that the Halloween population increases exponentially each year. My personal coping method is to breed the lines no one requested on the 29th, which is late enough that people have had time to see them but early enough that they'll show up in the AP before they fall below 3 days :3

trying to hunt the last few CBs from the AP seems pretty impossible atm x) i dont  think theres any left, and if there is, they'll go pretty quickly, but i keep picking up/abandoning with not much success as a few hours ago rip 

i guess i wont be able to fill the last spots but im pretty happy with what i managed so

as for this years halloweens, i really like them! but i get it when people say they can be a little too much, at least at first, maybe if the colors were softer or something but /shrug

Thank you SOOO much TJ and all the other staff behind this awesome event! I could not believe my eyes when I read we could capture CB's of past Halloween dragons...I snatched myself two CB Marrows and a Pumpkin, as I already have CB's of pretty much all the other Halloween dragons and those were the ones I cared about most. :) I also snagged up some really lovely lineages from the AP.

Overall, a fantastic event once more. Kudos and many thanks again to the DC team for it! ♥

Doing what I can to hatch the AP, but it feels like fighting the tide with a spoon. o..O

I am now hatchie (and one egg) locked.  A phenomenon that only happens at after-Halloween. (for me)  Grow faster, hatchies! D:

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

According to last year's Halloween news thread the Halloween AP wall cleared sometime on the 5th, so if this year is anywhere close to last year in terms of numbers, it should end sometime tomorrow. (Which is too soon for me to grab anymore, but eh, I've happy with what I have.)

23 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

According to last year's Halloween news thread the Halloween AP wall cleared sometime on the 5th, so if this year is anywhere close to last year in terms of numbers, it should end sometime tomorrow. (Which is too soon for me to grab anymore, but eh, I've happy with what I have.)

Yeah, but the eggs last year didn't get down to under three days >.> They're usually all gone before then.

9 minutes ago, SheridanCharon said:

Yeah, but the eggs last year didn't get down to under three days >.> They're usually all gone before then.

Actually they did. I remember because I picked up a cute grave from whiptail checker that was too low time to influence... and it gendered wrong. xc

I just have to say, I find these dragons absolutely amazing

Enjoying reading all of the comments in the last few pages...  I, too, am hoping for a November Dragon and not necessarily a Thanksgiving one as that is not a worldwide celebration, but just a normal monthly Dragon...  I may be wrong, but it seems to me that poor ol' November is like the child born near a gift-giving holiday (like my daughter, a daughter-in-law and a couple of grandchildren) all born near December 25th (one even ON that day) and they miss out on a blessing because of getting lost in the shufflle of the Holiday events, etc.  I used Dec 25th as that is a date that I am familiar with because of where I live, but I am blessed with 20 grandchildren, both Christian and Muslim, and I love them all...

Anyway, the point I was trying to make is that poor ol' November seems, if memory serves (which at my age, it may not?), to be the left out child...

Again, as has been expressed frequently, thanks to all of the people who set up this years Halloween and to all of the members who participated.  It would be no fun at all IMO if I was the only one who played...  (or any single one of YOU)...

Happy Halloween!

EDIT:  Didn't think to do this first, but it seems that we DID have a November Release in 2013 and 2016, but none in between.

Edited by Husky51

I appreciate that the sprites are very complex and intricate. However, I have been staring at them for a long time and I cannot understand what they're supposed to be. Where's the head? The eyes? I've zoomed in. I've zoomed out. I've looked at other people's MS paint circles, which appear to be randomly placed. I don't get it. It looks like a blob to me. An intricate blob, but a blob.