TJ09

2017-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

10 hours ago, whitestar said:

Yes look on your Dragon page. There's a little image that looks like a cloud with stuff around it. Click on that.

Awesome. Thanks, whitestar

Edited by Laura-Lana

Thanks to all the Spriters and TJ for a great Halloween Event and Egg Drop... 

Someone gave me a replacement egg! I'm so happy!

Ok, now to ward this sucker and check on it every chance I get.

This event was so much fun, already looking forward to next year!

Now to wait for the hatchies to grow up and the christmas event, hehehe~

4 minutes ago, ToadWitch said:

All my eggs died within hours :( This has never happened before...

I'm so sorry to hear that! Did you have them in any hatcheries? Those get a lot of traffic during holidays.

Personally, I don't put my eggs into hatcheries until they reach less than 5 days... And I fog them until then, usually...

This was a great event! There was so much to do between trick-or-treating, the hatchling dress up, and catching new CB eggs, plus breeding older lineages. Thanks to all who participated ^_^

15 minutes ago, ToadWitch said:

All my eggs died within hours :( This has never happened before...

I'm so sorry that happened to you. It must have been dreadful to see happen. :( 

Keep an eye out in the AP over the next few days for new releases. The Great CB Halloween APing Project managed to abandon over 100 new release eggs for anyone with the misfortune to miss out on the release or lose all their eggs. 

Another couple days, or so. They should grow up at 4 days left, if my lengthy absence hasn't eroded that trivia away from me. :P 

1 minute ago, Twimm said:

When will be able to see the TJ's new Halloween adults?

They'll grow up on Friday, I think.

This costume/trick-or-treat event was my favorite holiday event in a long time. I think my last "favorite" was the Snow Wars thing. This was just sooooo much fun, I had so much fun dressing up my Pumpkin baby, and I'm pretty happy with all the screenshots I took.

As for old Halloweens on my scroll, I got 8 more Graves (reaching my scroll-goal!), 11 Cavern Lurkers (reaching my scroll-goal!), 5 Desipis, 2 Pumpkins (both CB), 1 Black Marrow, and 7 Witchlights. Very very happy with my haul this year!

I am so sad! I cant beleive I forgot to come here yesterday and snag the new dragon! Well, at least I can grab caveborns of it next year, but it's quite a bummer, those hatchlings look amazing as heck so far. T-T

14 minutes ago, SyrusAllen said:

I am so sad! I cant beleive I forgot to come here yesterday and snag the new dragon! Well, at least I can grab caveborns of it next year, but it's quite a bummer, those hatchlings look amazing as heck so far. T-T

Look out for then in the AP! A couple of users caught and dropped a bunch of CBs.

I have to agree with others that this is among my favorite holiday events, and I've noticed that all of them that I think of as my favorites tend to be those where the players can interact in some way - send flowers, hatchling dress up and trick or treating, snow forts, etc. 

Also, the Halloween biome was truly a dream come true. Not only do I have a pair each of holidays I missed, but I was able to round out the others to my scroll goal (particularly the odd numbered Cavern Lurkers I had bothered me SO much). I'm mostly excited about this because this means that we have new CBs that I can trade offspring for for lineage projects (I have a mate for This little one, but felt it was getting harder to find unrelated mates). 

I'm definitely hoping the Halloween biome shows up again next year - I was too late to the party to take advantage of it this year, but it is a fantastic addition (particularly for lineage building). ^_^ 

I personally don't see why the Halloween biome won't be every year now.  TJ has always said that halloween is about grabbing everything, so that makes me think we'll get the chance to every year.

Well, to be fair, the info on the other event page does say "(until next year)", so personally I'd say there's a high chance it will be back again next year :) Even if it only turns up every other year, it's still a brilliant idea.

A really really special thank you to two lovely members on here gifting me a total of 4 new halloween eggs. That really made my day and they shall be treasured! 

The Halloween Biome was a dream come true. Before now, I didn't have CB Pumpkins, CB Black Marrows, CB Cavern Lurkers, CB Graves, OR CB Desipis... and now I have plenty of each! Hopefully next year I can get a few more Marrows (only managed 1 this year). But overall, I was very happy and satisfied. =3

This year's Hatchlings (not to mention the eggs themselves) are very unique. I can't wait to see their final adult form.

Edited by Metal-n-Monster

I agree, the Halloween Biome was a wish come true for so many people. I've never subscribed to the mentality that CB Holidays should be available only to the lucky people who happened to be there that certain day/days, and I hate the elitist ideals such exclusive dragons create. I *love* that that seems to be changing now, at least where Halloweens are concerned. While I'm not huge on CBs, I was so excited to finally fix my stupid mistake of freezing the only CB Pumpkin I got way back when.

I loved that there was a biome specifically for previous releases, made my wish of having CBs of past years (especially Marrows) a reality, and I thank TJ for doing that for everyone ^_^ I hope it'll be a reoccurring thing for Halloween :3 (I have an idea how it could be possible for the other holidays, but only TJ can confirm if the special biome will be available for them or not)

The new hatchlings look so different from anything there was so far! Wyrms?

I really liked that CB Halloween biome. It would have been absolutely amazing if cb vampires were included - they're my favorite Halloween dragon - but I enjoyed re-discovering all those breeds. Completely forgot the egg descriptions and couldn't tell what anything was, but picked up a little bit of everything!

If this is going to be a thing now for all the holidays (even if it's with the default 2 CBs max limit) I'd be the happiest person

Yeah, I wasn't able to grab any the pumpkins when they first come out because I wasn't very fast and I forgot all about Halloween 2015, so being able to get cbs of those Halloweens dragons makes me so happy!

Edit:

@Wildcat the reason why vampires weren't in the Halloween biome was because they aren't Halloween dragons anymore, and that was because they were made so you can bite and make more of them all year around.

Edited by Lady Dragoon

This was the best Halloween ever! :) Halloween Biome was a wonderful surprise - having a chance to obtain CB Halloween dragons from previous events was something that I was really looking forward to. Trick or treat was nice as always, dressing up the hatchling and collecting candies was also fun, and these new Lovecraftian dragons... I can't wait to see the adults! I'm a hopeless Lovecraft addict ^_^

Many thanks to TJ, artists and everyone engaged in preparing this year's event - especially to the people who made those cute Halloween hatchlings and costume graphics. They were perfect!