TJ09

2017-10-25 - Halloween Event

The wizard costumes are so cute on the hatchlings! I still really like the ghost outfit too so my Cavern Lurker can be a ghostly wizard for now. :D

Now that people are locked Halloween biome is nice place for hunting. With only 45 people, some highly desired eggs stayed for 1-2 seconds, while the 2:45:00 drop lasts until 2:46:55. (Note to myself: I really need to focus on one thing and not post this sort of thing after half an hour.)

I don't know what to think about visited hatchlings re-dress. It's nice to see more wizard robes on all the differently colored hatchlings, but they also looked great as ghosts. Sadly I didn't printscreen them yesterday.

But still it's wonderful event. I'm getting attached to my hatchling companion, now dressed in Slytherclaw colors. They just go very well together. I personally consider myself Ravenclaw, but were sorted into Slythering a few years ago. (Because when given magical powers, I want to show what's in me. Really ambitious and Slytherinish.) And I love green color. (As much as orange, these are simply the best...)

Thank you SO MUCH for this event, TJ & staff! A very relaxed but super cute event minigame plus the ability to get past CBs - this is perfect!!!

So I just got a treat that I think is a towel or some piece of cloth, but at first glance I thought it looked like a bag of drugs:blink:

Edited by Ripan

Crap, it's after 1am here, didn't realize it was so late. I really should go to sleep soon... But I can get another piece of candy in 23 minutes...

Does... this rerelease mean... that I can finally possibly maybe verily kinda sorta perhaps probably... get my own CB radiant angel?

Are my prayers answered?

I wouldn't get your hopes too high, Halloweens don't have a CB per scroll limit and that is possibly why a Halloween biome was included

Depressing.

Also I haven't seen a single Vampire egg and that's really the only one I want. I know they're dropping because I've seen new vamps in hatcheries.

As those hatchlings CB and not bitten? As far as I've read no one has reported getting a vampire egg....

2 minutes ago, Redds said:

Again, depressing. They're a Halloween dragon, why wouldn't they drop.

Because they're available year-round

Yes!

I am in ravenclaw and got the ravenclaw robes!

and they match the marrow's body colour really nicely

3 minutes ago, Rexsaurus said:

Because they're available year-round

Not the CB ones. But I get what you mean.

10 minutes ago, Redds said:

Again, depressing. They're a Halloween dragon, why wouldn't they drop.

Technically they are no longer a Halloween dragon, the fact they are not apart of the trick or treating event seems to tell me they won't be making an appearance

Edited by Cecona

Wouldn't you technically be able to get a CB vampire with cave as biome if you bit another of the halloweens dropping now?

It will have a "bitten by" then, however.

2 minutes ago, Ripan said:

Wouldn't you technically be able to get a CB vampire with cave as biome if you bit another of the halloweens dropping now?

It will have a "bitten by" then, however.

Yes that's what I'm looking for, a master vampire will be a CB that isn't bitten by any other vampire. As such I only possess three 2nd gen vampires.

So I guess that's one that will remain unobtainable.

Ik people don't see the big deal in it because it's available all year round or they just don't care for it. But I do, which is why I was pleased that they finally released a progeny page.

Edited by Redds

Maybe if enough people want it, they could bring the halloween biome back next year and drop vampires too. The idea of a CB non-bitten is pretty cool... and if we can get cheese and paper from the caves... then why not vamps?

As someone mentioned, highly doubt that people care enough about master vampires or their progeny to want them to be rereleased. That they are available all year round is enough, apparently.

25 minutes ago, Redds said:

Does... this rerelease mean... that I can finally possibly maybe verily kinda sorta perhaps probably... get my own CB radiant angel?

Are my prayers answered?

I hope so. I am hoping for CB Holly and Yulebuck.  While new holiday dragons (other than Halloweens) are limited on how many you can grab that first year the site does allow you to get more bred eggs in following years. I guess it will depend on whether the coding prevents another CB being on the scroll permanently or whether it was time limited to the duration of the initial release. Plus for those filling in gaps, we may have no CB anyway of certain breeds so would that mean we could grab one or two if they dropped, even if we had non-CBs on the scroll? With no precedent for this happening I am still hoping that we might be able to get another shot at other CB holidays we missed.

7 minutes ago, FullMoonDreams said:

I hope so. I am hoping for CB Holly and Yulebuck.  While new holiday dragons (other than Halloweens) are limited on how many you can grab that first year the site does allow you to get more bred eggs in following years. I guess it will depend on whether the coding prevents another CB being on the scroll permanently or whether it was time limited to the duration of the initial release. Plus for those filling in gaps, we may have no CB anyway of certain breeds so would that mean we could grab one or two if they dropped, even if we had non-CBs on the scroll? With no precedent for this happening I am still hoping that we might be able to get another shot at other CB holidays we missed.

Perhaps the rule would be that should we want to get CBs but bypass the scroll limit, we would need to let go of our existing one(s). I wouldn't mind. Not sure how that would affect breeders and hoarders, but thankfully, I am not one of them. I just want a clean, viable pair of each. To this date, I still have not completed my xenowyrm set.

A CB sweetling is also one of my wishes. I seem to have to stupid luck of always missing male valentine dragons' years.

Edited by Redds

That might be an idea for other holidays: the limit is still at two CBs but if you missed out on getting CBs from previous years you'd get a new chance to grab so you have only two CBs. Still no limit on bred holidays.

Pretty sure it's been suggested somewhere before...

Edited by Ripan
fixed some awkward wording

I just want to say how much fun this year's halloween-event is. Not only because of the Halloween-biome, but also because of the Trick-o' Treat collectibles, and the sweet sweet hatchling-dressup. I can't wait to see what different costumes we can buy with our candies.

It would be nice, though, if sometimes we would get a little "read on" in the story, too... if our dragon likes his/her costume or if she/he wants to get re-dressed at time... but that is just an idea, maybe for next year or so.