TJ09

2017-10-25 - Halloween Event

I made the mistake of clicking into the AP even though I won't be unlocked for 10 more hours. Uggghhh! So many purty eggies!

Is anyone else compulsively refreshing their DC pages even though they are also egglocked, just found a ToT treat (or have them all), and still on cooldown to find candy for the hatchling?

I found a rather interesting ToT 

Spoiler

A QR Code? Has anyone tried scanning it?

So I want to express my appreciation for this event and for all of the improvements the site has experienced in the last year or so.

I missed the entire last year of holidays due to my life getting extremely hectic (see signature, haha) and I don't even know how many regular releases. At some point, my dragon collection (2,675 at the time of this writing) had gotten out of control - hundreds without names, hundreds for my seawyrm army unrecorded, lineage projects all over the place perpetually getting forgotten. After I missed a couple of holidays I started feeling like it was pointless to continue playing since I'd never get those CBs. I was reminded that the Halloween events were coming when someone made a request from one of my lineages, and actually logged in to see what the event would be this year. My jaw almost dropped off my face when I saw the Halloween biome announcement! Unexpectedly being able to catch those eggs in the cave renewed my interest in the game, and over the past two days I've been utilizing the improvements that occurred during my hiatus - groups and a vastly improved mobile site in particular - to make my collection manageable again.

Tl;dr: the Halloween biome made me actually start playing for real again. Thank you, TJ and all contributors to the event. (y):lol:(y)

Edited by LibbyLishly
Typos

I definately need to plan my zombifications better next year, I am so scroll locked with all my hidden hatchies that have not died yet lol... plus getting old CBs destroyed my breeding plans, so I only bred one so far, caught a lineaged in the AP and got me a second Marrow Pair and a Pumpkin, so happy about that opportunity :D Can always breed stuff next year XD

Edited by Kiwiana

3 hours ago, Asketil said:

Just like how we visit other dragons and it gives us a candy, the dragon we visit gets a a candy to. So some hatchlings visited you!

Oh yay! I love getting, as my family calls it, spooks! Thanks for answering me!

4 hours ago, songwithnosoul said:

It means that other users visited you for trick-or-treating! When you go trick-or-treating the random person you visit gets candy too, so if you're the random person somebody else visits then you get candy without having to do anything.

Looking! So fun! Thank you as well gothe insight. (Apologies for double post!)

@LibbyLishly Well welcome back! You used to be a very familiar face around here, glad to see this event has pulled you back in!

@Asketil Yup! I keep refreshing the hatchling's candy page even though I have like 30 minutes left before I can get more.

39 minutes ago, inlaterdays said:

I have a Shadow Walker, and I got Hufflepuff.

Also: hooray, finally got all 50 ToT items! I am really enjoying this year's events.

Same here ( both TOT and Hufflepuff/ "Black" with Shadow Walker)

The free color is completely random, just a 1/4th chance to get a color so... you'll find a lot of people that got the same color with the same breed.

Just now, StarSea said:

The free color is completely random, just a 1/4th chance to get a color so... you'll find a lot of people that got the same color with the same breed.

This. Any 'patterns' you think you see are just chance.

Also I'm really excited to have CB Pumpkins for the first time. And to get a second pair of Marrows.

My firsr wave of eggs will be hatching soon. I totally forgot witchlight eggs blink at you! I love it! :wub:

Oh my gosh this event is so adorable! And I am so psyched about the Hallowe'en biome. AAAAAAAA! :nyan:

I realized I hadn't seen any ToTs in like 20 minutes, so I counted mine and apparently I have all 50! Didn't realize I had anywhere near that many. I know sometimes in past years a few extra treats were introduced later in the event, I wonder if that will happen this year?

11 hours ago, Kovia said:

Whichever one of you lovely people made the cricket treat, I love you. XD

I thought it might be a potato bug or a weta. Both of which a dear friend thinks should get exactly that treatment!

On 25.10.2017 at 6:03 AM, Marie19R said:

HOLY CRAP!!!!!! Old Halloween dragons in the biomes again?!?!?! Omg omg omg omg!!!!! *freaks out!!!*

WOW

Thanks for the fun event!  I love the nod to Harry Potter... even if my default color scheme was Gryffindor.  My Shadow Walker and I are more comfortable now that she's in her proper Slytherin garb.  (y)

lol went into the Ap and there sits a pumpkin :wacko: but I need a CB lol every one is in there and despite a faster internet my reflexes are too slow to get it I guess 

However  I am giving it my best lmao cause I love this and Dragon Cave

OMG can finally have marrow dragons T.T thank you TJ!!  also looking forward to the trick or treat basket sprites!

Edited by FireMercury

My Scroll is happy stuffed with SWs and Pumpkins - I'm a happy camper! Now to hatch them.

I had recently used a few of my red dragons for other eggs before the event and now I don't have anymore able to incubate. I need more red dragons but I forget who my breeding pairs are.

Edited by Cecona

Anybody know when we're gonna get the next costumes in the store? I was hoping to see some more today.

I would assume at midnight Eastern time.  That's when the others came available last night, and when the event started the night before that.

3 minutes ago, TwilitProphet said:

Anybody know when we're gonna get the next costumes in the store? I was hoping to see some more today.

I would guess probably at midnight cave time, since that was around when the wizard costumes unlocked today.

Edit: whoops, ninja'd.

Edited by songwithnosoul