TJ09

2017-10-25 - Halloween Event

Oh my gosh! This makes me so happy! I happened to have had the horrible luck of juuuusst missing my two favorite holiday dragons on two separate occasions but now I can have Cb versions of my own! iieeeeeee thanks TJ! 

Yay!  Got a pair of cavern lurkers, the only Halloweens that I never got as cbs.

I also makes me happy that I will be able to have more Marrow CBs, they remain one of my favorites(and is why my dress-up hatchling is one).

Hey I'm curious, within the early hours of the event I took my lurker baby out trick or treating, getting my first piece of candy. I come back 10 minutes later and I see I had gotten a second piece of candy! I wasn't sure if it was possible for people to visit randomly or only when you clicked get candy. It hasn't happened again- I think, but I was wondering if anyone else has experience this.

Edited by Cecona

8 minutes ago, Cecona said:

Hey I'm curious, within the early hours of the event I took my lurker baby out trick or treating, getting my first piece of candy. I come back 10 minutes later and I see I had gotten a second piece of candy! I wasn't sure if it was possible for people to visit randomly or only when you clicked get candy. It hasn't happened again- I think, but I was wondering if anyone else has experience this.

It hasn't happened to me, but I think your dragon may have went to someone else's scroll to visit and get candy. 

20 minutes ago, Cecona said:

It does say, "Each time, both you and the randomly-selected visitee will recieve one piece of candy."

So that would mean when you go trick or treating, you are getting a piece of candy, as well as giving a piece of candy to the scroll you are visiting. 

If you click on the hatchlings in the list of hatchlings youve visited, you can see whose hatchling it was, and who you gave candy to. Or who has visited and given you candy. :)

Edited by Tiki G

CB pumpkins, pumpkin hatchie to go trick or treating with, and even a pumpkin treat!

All your CB Marrows are belong to me, mwuhahahah!!!

No, seriously, give them all to me.

This is the awesomest Hallowe'en yet. I'm not usually this emotional, but I actually caught a CB Marrow just now & almost started crying. I'm just so happy, you guys. :lol:

Sorry this has probably been answered before but has there been any confirmation that the CB re-release will happen again next year?

I think the return next year thing was referring to the new Halloween dragon that has yet to come out. They come back each year whether there is a halloween biome or not. However I think if the biome is a success they might bring it back. I don't know if they will do it for valentines or holidays though since CBs are restricted to 2 per scroll unlike Halloweens

To me, it seems like it refers to the new dragon returning net year, as in you'll be able to grab it next year because of the Halloween biome.  Fingers crossed that that will be the case <3

I thought the QR code treat was part of an ad lmao 

It's really dope you're allowing the return of older halloween dragons to be caught as cb thank you! Hopefully this will happen with the christmas dragons? (One can hope) 😁 lol

I'm blown away by the re-release! Thank you so much! :D

And here I thought it was going to be a normal holiday season. Kinda regret not checking this news thread before jumping in this morning. I can hardly wait until I have space for CBs! ^-^

Thank you SO much TJ for making them all available again!!! I appreciate it very much with what I'm doing with my scroll.

Are there absolutely no breed limits on any right now?

OMG this is excellent!!! Thanks so much for the Halloween biome! Oh so happy <3
And the event is adorable :3

29 minutes ago, perzephone said:

All your CB Marrows are belong to me, mwuhahahah!!!

No, seriously, give them all to me.

This is the awesomest Hallowe'en yet. I'm not usually this emotional, but I actually caught a CB Marrow just now & almost started crying. I'm just so happy, you guys. :lol:

I know the feeling! I had zero CB Pumpkins from the original release, and seriously teared up a bit when I managed to get one earlier today. This is just beyond my wildest dreams!

16 minutes ago, Drachenlied said:

Thank you SO much TJ for making them all available again!!! I appreciate it very much with what I'm doing with my scroll.

Are there absolutely no breed limits on any right now?

Right now, Halloween dragons are the only holidays without breed limits, so you can catch all you want.

PSA: Ward your babies if you plan to leave them unattended.

3 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

Right now, Halloween dragons are the only holidays without breed limits, so you can catch all you want.

PSA: Ward your babies if you plan to leave them unattended.

Awesome, thank you!

Grave and Marrow dragons seem to be very popular for this advent, at least out of the other hatchlings I have seen trick-or-treating.

I have seen all hatchlings but witchlight and desipis during the event

Maybe this has been asked, and I haven't read far back enough: 

Spriters, are the new CBs you're picking up this year becoming spriter's alts on your scrolls? And how awesome would that be, if this is the case?

Edit: @Odeen, @Infinis, @PieMaster, @birdzgoboom, @aangs-sister, @JOTB, @Nakase, @Fiona, @seiss, @Marrionetta, @Dovealove, @Kuraianubis, @Komodo Gallant. Yes, I did just go to the wiki. 

Edited by Toyo

Found a small glitch thing with the event (and possibly a second one as I was fiddling around with the first one). I threw a sheet over my little Grave dragon, since it's the only costume available on short notice, and I decided that I liked seeing the un-sheeted dragons, the art is super cute! If I remove all of the three pieces, however, it won't save. The save thing just keeps spinning. If I add something, it saves in 0.3 seconds as it normally would. I normally play in Edge but pulled up Chrome and the same thing happens on both.

The second little issue, I see that we can see the users who are watching the hatchlings that visit us/we visit. I hover the mouse over the hatchling and yeah, link shows and clicking takes me to the viewing page. However, there's one little hatchling that I either met early on or maybe the user had the same idea I ended up with. It doesn't have a sheet over it's head and, oh, such cute art! But I can't see who's caring for it! No clickability at all. Maybe it ran off and got into a candy stash and that's why it looks so happy and cute. I really do love the art, all I can manage to say is that they all look so cute, lol.

It looks like the linkage is connected to the costume or something? I'm super excited to see more costumes soon, I'm eagerly waiting for the server time to hit midnight.