TJ09

2017-10-25 - Halloween Event

I now have two Shadow Walker pairs, one Pumpink pair and one Black Marrow pair. I am so deliriously happy, I can't even express how much! This is more of a present than Xmas and Easter together...

I hope that I manage to get another Pumpkin pair, before the new ones drop... :)

Are there Vampires in the new Halloween biome? I haven't seen any and they're the only ones I need to have a complete CB collection.

This event is so much fun! I'm so glad I got the Slytherin outfit for free. It looks great on my Pumpkin. I've seen 3 Cavern Lurkers, 2 Witchlights, 2 Graves, a Caligene and a Pumpkin while Trick or Treating.

I love that we can get CBs from the Cave now! I never got CBs of Pumpkins, Cavern Lurkers, or Graves so now I finally have a chance! Plus, I previously had 2 CB Marrows but they both gendered female, so now I have the chance to get them mates!

I love this event, thanks to TJ and everybody else!

3 minutes ago, Raikielia said:

Are there Vampires in the new Halloween biome? I haven't seen any and they're the only ones I need to have a complete CB collection.

No vampires are not dropping in the Halloween biome. It is assumed that since you can get a CB bitten vampire that they did not get added.

I've missed those pretty green eyes peering out from the eggs. <3 I love witchlights.

1 minute ago, Raikielia said:

As far as I know, there won't be any. Because any vampire that you create basically *is* a CB... At least, I think so.

3 minutes ago, Raikielia said:

No, there aren't.  Since they are now available year round, they are not really considered a Halloween dragon anymore.

Okay, thanks. I've been considering my bitten CBs as CB but it kinda would have been nice to get some without the 'Bitten By:' on their page. I'll grab more Pumpkins and Marrows, then.

Woo! First time I've gotten to enjoy the Halloween festivities on Dragon Cave, I love it! :D

Happy Early Halloween and I hope everyone has good luck trick or treating and finding eggs!

44/50 treats.

Though I've seen people saying that they're not finding more than 47 at present.  Is that still the case?

1 minute ago, Data_Girl_3 said:

44/50 treats.

Though I've seen people saying that they're not finding more than 47 at present.  Is that still the case?

No, you should be able to get all 50 now

2 minutes ago, Data_Girl_3 said:

44/50 treats.

I found all 50.

42 TOTs on mine and haven't had a drop in 3 hours. Friend of mine hit 42 5 minutes ago, we're matched on every item and waiting to see if she gets anything else. 

Shout out to fellow Caligenes! 

Okay, I have influenced all 5 of my Grave eggs to be male, because apparently I have way too many females and I had no idea. They should be able to hatch around 9:30pm my-time... Assuming hatcheries are better at giving views right now then they have been recently.

Already can't wait for the first batch to hatch in like 26-27h. I really want to hunt some more CBs I never had a chance to get - and ideally get a pair of each. Got 2 Pumpkins/Cavern Lurkers already, so that leaves 1 Marrow/Shadow Walker to get. And possibly 2 Graves to get my usual/hoped for 4 pairs of CB...and another Witchlight to get the extra a mate....might barely work out with the necessary slots :D

At least I can gather more candies and Treats in the meantime...to get more beautiful costumes for my little Grave :wub:

I love that we can get past CB's. Hopefully after my internet upgrade today it will be faster and I can get my 2 cb pumpkins

Love getting the candies. costumes, treats etc. also this is so much fun!

Hey, time for treat collecting again already? I love those things. And take a hatchie trick or treating? Have to look into that. Sounds intriguing.

:wacko: Not a huge fan of the return of the old dragon eggs though. Unless it is once every 10 years or something.

Still excited about new dragons but, hey, if I miss them, I can get them next year, and the year after....:blink:

(in a few months, maybe I will get a cave born Holly)

Wondering why we bother breeding the old ones, by the way? It use to be to give folks a chance to get old ones.

26 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

Okay, I have influenced all 5 of my Grave eggs to be male, because apparently I have way too many females and I had no idea. They should be able to hatch around 9:30pm my-time... Assuming hatcheries are better at giving views right now then they have been recently.

Hatcheries are in overdrive. My babes have been sick throughout the day and I only have them in EATW.

@dtd Some people still do want bred Halloweens and it's a whole lot easier to get those than to camp in one biome and hope for the best.

The same reason we bother breeding ANY dragons...?  By that logic, there'd be no reason to breed ever, at all.  It's to make lineages, and to help people with less time and luck, who don't care about CBs, to grab a dragon they want.

I think this is one of the best things the cave has done for a LONG time.

With the return of the past CB Halloweens, I'm wondering if that courtesy would be extended to Valentine's Day and Christmas... OMFG I WANT A CB HOLLY! :D

7 minutes ago, dtd said:

Wondering why we bother breeding the old ones, by the way? It use to be to give folks a chance to get old ones.

You could make the same case for regular dragons - why bother to breed those when we can find them all cave-bred?  But people still like making (and collecting) lineages, so I don't think they'll stop wanted to breed their 'Weenies (and maybe other Holidays?), especially since they only get one week a year to move their lineages along.  And of course the people that breed messy lineages just 'cos will probably carry on doing exactly that, nothing stops them!  We probably won't see a big change this year because the Halloween biome took everyone by surprise, but I wonder if next year we'll see a change in the composition of the AP if the Halloween biome returns (and I hope it does, I doubt I'll manage to bring up my Halloweens to my scroll goal minimums this season!).

I personally don't care about having CBs (except for getting the two CB Pumpkins I grabbed yesterday), so I'd much rather hunt the AP and grab lineaged eggs then refresh and spazz-click for hours and hours in the one biome without successfully getting anything (took me over five hours to get my first CB Pumpkin yesterday). The biomes, the re-released CB Halloweens, are totally awesome for people who have the time, patience, fast connection, and/or fast reflexes to hunt there exclusively, but many of us still prefer the AP.

5 hours ago, VixenDra said:

Random, I got Hufflepuff (how the game KNEW?!)

OR

depends on the hatchi's breed? Lurker here

Interesting theory, I have a grave dragon

2 minutes ago, kyleedj said:

Interesting theory, I have a grave dragon

I have a Shadow Walker, and I got Hufflepuff.

Also: hooray, finally got all 50 ToT items! I am really enjoying this year's events.

I'm really excited that we can catch CBs of the old Hallowe'en releases; I always wanted to be able to catch my own CB Marrows and create my own lineages with them, and it lets people who missed them previously catch their CBs too! I love the trick or treating event too; dressing up the hatchling is fun :D