Kaini

Raffle Discussion

1 hour ago, Predat0rs said:

I just want to wish everyone good luck in tomorrow's drawing!

I second that. This is my first monthly drawing since I came back from a break, so I'm pretty excited!

I don't expect to win, but the new blood will open up even more trading and more lineages

Edited by Looti

50 minutes ago, Looti said:

I second that. This is my first monthly drawing since I came back from a break, so I'm pretty excited!

I don't expect to win, but the new blood will open up even more trading and more lineages

I probably shouldn't get TOO excited.... though there is still a part of me that hopes for luck tomorrow.

I want a birthday month prize, honestly :P But it'll never happen.

I will not win. I know this. :lol:

i never expect to win, and so far haven't been disappointed lol. It'd be NICE to win, there are lineages i want that i can't get because no one wants to trade 2nd gens except for other 2nd gens xD but i never hope or expect to win anymore, that way i'm not disappointed month after month

1 hour ago, Kaini said:

ACTUALLY.... yes, just YES to this. ALL my yes to a BIRTHDAY prize! That'd be an AWESOME birthday present. XD

1 hour ago, Kaini said:

In the same boat. I would be ECSTATIC, but I can't get my hopes up. :lol:

I don't know if this is a suitable place to ask this, but on the topic of raffle, on the day/night of the drawings do you get NOTICE of winning, and the egg will be dropped on your scroll in X hours? Or does it instantly appear on your scroll? Asking because of egg limits—it would REALLY suck if someone won but they were egglocked and it got passed on to someone else.

2 minutes ago, Toasttt said:

In the same boat. I would be ECSTATIC, but I can't get my hopes up. :lol:

I don't know if this is a suitable place to ask this, but on the topic of raffle, on the day/night of the drawings do you get NOTICE of winning, and the egg will be dropped on your scroll in X hours? Or does it instantly appear on your scroll? Asking because of egg limits—it would REALLY suck if someone won but they were egglocked and it got passed on to someone else.

You get an email, and then you don't get the egg until you claim it on the /raffle page. Here's from when I won Icarus:

498392761_PRIZEWIN.png.86ec1cd374e013038c1ebdb391d44186.png

If you don't claim the egg before the end of the month, it just goes away. There's no re-draw, and it doesn't get passed on to someone else.

1 minute ago, Kaini said:

You get an email, and then you don't get the egg until you claim it on the /raffle page. Here's from when I won Icarus:

If you don't claim the egg before the end of the month, it just goes away. There's no re-draw, and it doesn't get passed on to someone else. 

Oh, that's really convenient! Whew XD Thanks for the information!

Good luck, people of Earth!

The chance of winning is probably somewhere between 1/100 and 1/1000, but with enough raffles you might possibly win.

I'm pessimistic by nature, but I'm hoping to finally win one so I can start gifting people 2nd Gens.

18 minutes ago, Dohaerys said:

I'm more likely to get pagination than win a prize xP

Pagination is inevitable. The trade hub cannot be shackled by the tyranny of max 20 viewable items forever.

Edited by osmarks

1 hour ago, osmarks said:

The chance of winning is probably somewhere between 1/100 and 1/1000, but with enough raffles you might possibly win.

I think you're being optimistic considering how many users we have xD Though I have no idea.

6 hours ago, JavaTigress said:

I probably shouldn't get TOO excited.... though there is still a part of me that hopes for luck tomorrow.

This, every time.  But realistically I know I won't see a surprise email in my inbox tomorrow.  😛

2 hours ago, osmarks said:

not really xD since people can win multiple times, and the player base just continues to grow, it more is like each year it becomes less likely we'll win =.= though i've been trying since when prizes first came out, and were holiday rewards for contests you entered, so i am admittedly quit pessimistic about it now after all these years

Edited by Sirithiliel

3 hours ago, Kaini said:

What would happen when you try to claim the egg while egglocked?  Auto-abandon the prize?

@Kaini  Good to know!  Thanks. :)

Edited by teresadurfin

1 minute ago, teresadurfin said:

What would happen when you try to claim the egg while egglocked?  Auto-abandon the prize?

No, it won't let you claim at all.

44 minutes ago, Kaini said:

I think you're being optimistic considering how many users we have xD Though I have no idea.

I would go by how many people clicked the new releases, which is currently 1,117 clicks for the first Spot Hatch from active IPs.

Assuming not every active player clicked the new hatchlings, we can guess winning chance is 60/1500, which comes out to 4/100 = 4%

This is just an ill-informed guess, however, so maintain some hope.

1 minute ago, Looti said:

I would go by how many people clicked the new releases, which is currently 1,117 clicks for the first Spot Hatch from active IPs.

Assuming not every active player clicked the new hatchlings, we can guess winning chance is 60/1500, which comes out to 4/100 = 4%

I don't think that's an accurate way to guess how many people might be entering the raffle, since in order to see/click TJ's new releases you have to have a forum account, and there are a ton of users who don't. I'd actually hazard a guess that the majority of active players are not active on the forums. According to AoND there are currently 3,273 scrolls that have dragons on that one specific hatchery, so there are at *least* that many active players, most likely at least double that. Of course not all active players will enter the raffle, but that seems to be a much more accurate way to measure things.

4 hours ago, Looti said:

My own guess came out to about 1%, so, I like yours better lol.

Couldn't trade prize eggs, oh.

And I thought if I (ever) get one, I could trade it for a rare Z-code egg XD

Goodluck guys, I'm egglocked because of Xenowyrm hunting (yes they're starting to become more common than Balloon dragons)

See you guys in the congrats thread!

Edited by BlueLatios
Additional statements

11 minutes ago, BlueLatios said:

Couldn't trade prize eggs, oh.

And I thought if I (ever) get one, I could trade it for a rare Z-code egg XD

Have you never had a Z-code egg before? They are by far less rare than a CB prize dragon. 

Just shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to help you get one.

Raffle in half an hour!

Edited by Looti