TJ09

2017-04-16 - Festival of Eggs

Just thirteen to go! (I think)

Well I'm guessing this is the last day to collect eggs... Oh well. smile.gif I've been gone all weekend at a lake with my bf so I didn't have any time for egg hunting (much like 2013). Nbd. We have some lovely eggs this year!

Whew! I finally got this year's collection completed. As usual, thanks to our fine artists, it's wonderful! Thank you all so much. wub.gif

Well I'm guessing this is the last day to collect eggs... Oh well. smile.gif I've been gone all weekend at a lake with my bf so I didn't have any time for egg hunting (much like 2013). Nbd. We have some lovely eggs this year!

To my understanding, and according to the calendar, tomorrow is another day of time for completing the collection.

Missed 2 days of the event because of real life, ouch. It would be cool if eggs dropped more frequently on the last day, and again as the end of the event approaches, so that those running late can catch most of them.

Edited by Ashywolf

To my understanding, and according to the calendar, tomorrow is another day of time for completing the collection.

Ooog, I hope the eggs will still be there tomorrow, I only started collecting this evening and I'd love to be able to collect all the pretty sprites. :-)

Thank you to TJ and all the spriters this year for a wonderful event.

I really love the banner!

Thanks again everyone.

Not much to tell, it's an obvious egg:P (still, being me, I wrote an essay about it, which I'm pasting below xd.png)

user posted image - My simple (yet time-consuming to sprite to me:P) tribute to 2 of the games I really enjoyed playing - the Witcher 2 and 3 (W3 is the best game of the genre also to me^^). The aim was to make a generic Witcher 2&3 egg based 100% on this version of the wolf school medallion (W2 actually xd.png it's because this game introduced me to the masterpiece of W3 which doesn't exist to me without its predecessor - team Triss here;); Still, I call it a W3 egg for my love for this game:P). The egg's white colouration is a reference to one of Geralt's nicknames, the White Wolf, to indicate it's his medalion in particular. The egg placement is not only the most convenient for the medallion's open jaws, it also references the fact witchers were made out of young boys (egg) in pain and in high danger of death in the process and later while doing their witcher jobs (bite&fangs). The medallion is also so big because I wanted to have room to work on details and used my space for this tongue.gif And that's it.

I'm glad you guys could finally see it! ;A;

I love the cockatiel egg so much, it looks just like the one I had when I was younger. Her name was Sunny and she was sweet but also a little bitey. She would lay eggs, but we were pretty sure they were unfertilized because while our other bird was male he was a mustache parakeet (Red-breasted parakeet is another name); not the same kind of bird as Sunny (Someone let me know if those two breeds of birds can make babies). So my dad took them and ended up making tiny fried eggs.

Edited by Cecona

Since Pie posted the credit list...

user posted image - A few people already guessed it, but it's a super excited baby chocobo hatching out of an egg. World of Final Fantasy had such a cute style for them, so it was inspired by that.

I only had time to make one egg this year so I had to make it count, and chocobos are one of my favourite things ever. ;y haha.

Ahhhh I love that happy face <333

Aaaah, I should have guessed Process did the lovely crystal egg! <3

That one, the cactus, and the cockatiel are my favorites this year. <3

Everyone did such a beautiful job this year, though! Thank you all the artists who participated, and big props to Shajana for that beautiful banner/separator. <3

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

your boy finally got eggs in again this year...

user posted image

the first one was based off of the teddy bear i've had since i was born! her name's Baby Bear, she's an old eden thermal pastel teddy bear (not a pic of mine.)

user posted image

the second one is a Chao Egg from sonic adventure 1 & 2 which i didn't see anyone get the reference to WHERE MY REAL SONIC FANS AT

OH man, I spent so much time raising Chaos with my cousin when I was little, but I totally forgot what the eggs looked like! X'D

your boy finally got eggs in again this year...

user posted image

the first one was based off of the teddy bear i've had since i was born! her name's Baby Bear, she's an old eden thermal pastel teddy bear (not a pic of mine.)

user posted image

the second one is a Chao Egg from sonic adventure 1 & 2 which i didn't see anyone get the reference to WHERE MY REAL SONIC FANS AT

I THOUGHT that was a Chao egg! biggrin.gif

Little sad the animation on the digiegg didn't make it onto the site for some reason - but it isn't a big enough thing to worry about. Well, at least you guys get to see what it was supposed to be here.

And I don't need to explain the references, you guys got them just fine: Digimon (digiegg of courage) and Cthulhu.

IT'S YOU!

THE OTHER DIGIMON FAN!

Thank you so much! It's super lovely! I didn't think we could get away with making digiegg/digimental because copyrights. You didn't make the egg upside down though.

- I'm so sad the animation didn't work for the digiegg; that would have looked so cool.

Speaking of digimon..My egg contribution:

user posted image - The Digimon Crests on a "Tag" Egg: Courage, Friendship, Love, Knowlege, Sincerity (Purity in Jap & Tri), Reliability (Sincerity in Jap & Tri), Hope, Light, and Kindness.

There was severe lack of digimon eggs in the Festival of Eggs. I was aiming to fix that. Good thing I wasn't alone! biggrin.gif

Edit: I forgot to mention this, but a big thanks to Toodles on the #arts IIRC for helping me get the sizes for these guys right, especially for the crest of courage! And thank you to Doomslayer on #arts for their advice!

Edited by Shokomon

LOVE that one that's kind of flashing\moving coloured dots (by Anonymous?) wub.gif

And, of course, the Where's Wally one. laugh.gif

What's that blue one with the fish falling down in front of it (by Odeen) about? ninja.gif

Would be great if someone could post an explanation\reference to each of the eggs, as there's some that just go over my head. unsure.gif

What's that blue one with the fish falling down in front of it (by Odeen) about?    ninja.gif

I don't know for sure but to me it looks like the falling whale from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

I'm probably wrong! smile.gif

LOVE that one that's kind of flashing\moving coloured dots (by Anonymous?) wub.gif

And, of course, the Where's Wally one. laugh.gif

What's that blue one with the fish falling down in front of it (by Odeen) about? ninja.gif

Would be great if someone could post an explanation\reference to each of the eggs, as there's some that just go over my head. unsure.gif

It's a reference to Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy, I had to watch the movie to understand it myself

I don't know for sure but to me it looks like the falling whale from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

I'm probably wrong! smile.gif

Ahh, thanks Vespurrs, and Cecona thumbs_up.png

Edited by Frodo