TJ09

2017-04-16 - Festival of Eggs

user posted image I didn't think to explain mine, but better late than never. It is Myu, a character from my webcomic, The Stars Shine Bright. I didn't choose her to advertise myself like some apparently thought, I chose her because she looks like a regular mew (even if my style admittedly muddles it a bit), and if you're a fan of Pokemon, you can enjoy that without reading the comic.

I am happy with the few of you who do read it though. ;w;

All of my eggs are references this year as usual because I'm trash.

user posted image

This egg is kind of obscure, it was meant to reference a pickup in one of the levels in Jazz Jackrabbit but I recolored it to be more orange because I like orange.

user posted image

This egg started off as a simple Doomslayer helmet from Doom 2016 but then I decided to recolor it to resemble the skin I use in classic Doom multiplayer.

user posted image

This egg is just Sammy Samuel Hayden from Doom 2016 but with red lights to symbolize Argent Energy.

HI, how much longer till event ends? I just got my first egg lol totally was busy for Easter this year sad.gif

HI, how much longer till event ends? I just got my first egg lol totally was busy for Easter this year sad.gif

About 22.5 hours. Good luck!

Woooo hoooo. I got all 56. I hope it's still 56 that we need to catch. blink.gif

Thank you TJ and artists and everyone for this really special event. It was a lot of fun.

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE

About 22.5 hours. Good luck!

Ah, really? That's a relief. I was wondering the same thing since I only have about half of the eggs so far, and was worried that I wouldn't be able to get them all in time. I'll be doing lots of hunting tomorrow, I suppose.

In other news, I just got the One-One egg, hehe.

Got all 56 eggs - I hope it stays at 56!

Thank you all for the nice event and congratulation to the spriters for the wonderful eggs!

user posted image - I'm a Slytherin. I debated making the other houses, but I only had 3 entries available and no time to make all 4 house eggs anyway. Sorry.

user posted image - Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, featuring the improbable sperm whale and bowl of petunias. Douglas Adams is bae, and that book is all kinds of perfect.

user posted image - This was for my youngest cat, Loki.

Loki was born with an enlarged heart. He was given to me by his breeder free of charge - because this particular defect never goes away, is very expensive to monitor/treat, and can kill its victims without warning long before their time. He also happened to be the sweetest, gentlest, most loving little poodle cat in the universe, and every person who met him wanted to steal him. He knew how to sit, shake hands, and fetch, loved to shove his head into your hand for pets, and would purr so hard he'd almost start whistling. He loved sleeping under the covers right against my side with his head on my arm, and most of my time in front of the computer was spent with him curled up in my lap. On March 18, four days before Loki's 3rd birthday, his heart condition claimed his life.

Please cherish every moment you have with your pets. They are truly priceless.

user posted image

Oh, Odeen, I'm so sorry. I just read back. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you were able to give him a wonderful and a loving and happy life. That egg is such a beautiful tribute to Loki.

The Digimon reference eggs brought me back to my childhood and made me cry a little bit. wub.gif

user posted image - This was for my youngest cat, Loki.

Loki was born with an enlarged heart. He was given to me by his breeder free of charge - because this particular defect never goes away, is very expensive to monitor/treat, and can kill its victims without warning long before their time. He also happened to be the sweetest, gentlest, most loving little poodle cat in the universe, and every person who met him wanted to steal him. He knew how to sit, shake hands, and fetch, loved to shove his head into your hand for pets, and would purr so hard he'd almost start whistling. He loved sleeping under the covers right against my side with his head on my arm, and most of my time in front of the computer was spent with him curled up in my lap. On March 18, four days before Loki's 3rd birthday, his heart condition claimed his life.

Please cherish every moment you have with your pets. They are truly priceless.

user posted image

Odeen I so feel for you. Our bestest cat ever, the companion of my heart, vanished, never to be seen again. He was 4, and a rescue job whose insides were a mess; we were sure he had all kinds of adhesions - he was found by the RSPCA or someone as a kitten, having been almost flattened by a car. They spent hundreds putting him back together- he was so lovely, they felt they had to ! And we got him - sheer luck he was there the day we "needed" a cat. He never walked quite right and he had flatulence issues like you wouldn't believe - but he was the most affectionate and at the same time wildly independent cat ever. We HOPE he was out hunting one day and something inside sort of gave out. There are a couple of other possibilities too awful to contemplate.

We still miss him beyond measure - we'd had one more since him, and now, the way we live, we cannot have another - and it breaks my heart.

Cats are just so special. ((((Odeen))))

Is that Loki in my sig ?

Updated Egg References and Credit List Here. Click if you want to know who made what and what we know currently about each egg.

(On a side note, the Credit List is also found on the 2nd post of the First page.)

In case, you are curious to some of the egg references.

user posted image This one is a reference to Doctor Strange- Featuring the cloak of levitation and loosely based off the Eye of Agamotto.

Aw yes I called it (though I never posted my guess)!

I love that movie/character.

@Odeen I am so sorry about your cat. I know very well what it's like to lose a beloved pet, because no matter if they stay with us for just a month or all their lives, they claim our hearts and the pain over such a loss never really goes away. Thank you for that work of art, I don't think that I'd ever be strong enough to bring my lost pet back to life like that and share that with anyone.

Edited by *Silver Fox*

I'm not a fanatic poster here, but I just wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss Odeen.. My cat Wilbert (who was the first cat I got when living on my own, so my spoiled little baby) had the same kind of heart condition. His heart muscles kept growing and he had to take all sorts of medicines to keep him around as long as possible. He got those for about 7 months before he passed away 2 years ago. He was only 2,5 years old and I still miss him a lot.. So I know how terrible you feel *hugs*

biggrin.gif Finished collecting all fifty three eggs!

sad.gif Odeen, I am sorry for your cat. Cats are cuddly and affectionate pets indeed. You grow to be connected and bonded with cats that it gets emotional to see them go

Okay, 55 eggs so far, one more to go. Oh boy, can't say I like last minute additions. >_> [i mean the timing of it, the egg itself is lovely]

EDIT: and got 56. Hope that's all.

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

ohmy.gif What?! There's more?

I do hope Hufflepuff egg is one of them.

Edit: Ravenclaw and Fetddubsie too I suppose...

Edited by georgexu94

Got all 56 eggs. I love the Pyukumuku egg, it's adorable laugh.gif

I also like the purple one and the one with the red flowers and of course all the references (I got, at least; I'm curious to see what the others are xd.png )

Thanks for the event!

ohmy.gif What?! There's more?

I do hope Hufflepuff egg is one of them.

Edit: Ravenclaw and Fetddubsie too I suppose...

No - Odeen said she only did the one house.