user posted image - Shokomon

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image - Starscream

user posted imageuser posted image - Switch

user posted image - Tehpikachu

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image - TheCompleteAnimorph

user posted image - Thuban

user posted image - VixenDra

user posted imageuser posted image - xDragonia

Since i'll no longer be on DC, might as well post what my two eggs were based on.

First was the aquarium egg - consists of a bobbit worm, tuxedo urchin, brittle starfish, fire shrimp, and anemone (specifically condylactis since I like the colors). All of these are creatures that i've either owned, or at one point really wanted to own (bobbit worm, my dream sea critter. The horrific rainbow.)

Second was the bee egg. It's literally me wanting to make an egg relating to bee memes, and wondering "what if the egg WAS bees?" what if bees cannot into poland?

Also, Japanese Honeybees are pretty cool.

I have three eggs in here.

I base my eggs off of my interests or hobbies. Things that I really feel, and really love. I am very glad I made it in this year and Thundercracker gets in. I wanted him in last year but I was late.

1. I have a shiny purple chrome egg -  that was based off the Colours used in the Decepticon Insignia. It is perhaps not my best egg, but it was interesting to try to tackle that.

2.  Thundercracker -  which completes the trine of Decepticon Seekers - I released Starscream in 2013 and Skywarp in 2015. There are more Seekers in the works.

3. The last one which is grey with a sort of swiggle of blue down  the middle is based on a Maxima Clam. I've always wanted a maxima clam, its the lack of space and they have very intense care.

{Shokomon: Unwhited, since credits are revealed}

As we are about half way through the event I feel comfortable revealing my eggs are some of the domes of St Basils Cathedral.

your boy finally got eggs in again this year...

user posted image

the first one was based off of the teddy bear i've had since i was born! her name's Baby Bear, she's an old eden thermal pastel teddy bear (not a pic of mine.)

user posted image

the second one is a Chao Egg from sonic adventure 1 & 2 which i didn't see anyone get the reference to WHERE MY REAL SONIC FANS AT

user posted image

My first egg is inspired by the chandeliers in the Broadway musical Natasha, Pierre, and the Great Comet of 1812. I added the dark circle in the background so that it would be more visually appealing on a light background. I do still prefer how it looks on the darker site themes, though.

user posted image

Also a musical reference, my second egg is a nod to the musical Curtains, a really great whodunnit. Hence, the egg depicts a curtain and a fedora, similar to some of the official artwork.

{snip}

Explanation for my eggs:

1. April the Giraffe ! (if you don't know, google will help you. But you've missed an awesome in that case.)

2. VFA-22 mascot. Fighting Redcocks - the design is roughly taken from a drawing one of the squadron members did for their "cruise video" of their fairly recent deployment to the Persian Gulf. My "baby" was part of that squadron at that time, serving her country.

3. VX-9 patch. Vampires. Her current squadron. They test a bunch of stuff to make sure it's ready for the rest of the fleet to put it to use defending our country. <-proud mama.

Since Pie posted the credit list...

user posted image - A few people already guessed it, but it's a super excited baby chocobo hatching out of an egg. World of Final Fantasy had such a cute style for them, so it was inspired by that.

I only had time to make one egg this year so I had to make it count, and chocobos are one of my favourite things ever. ;y haha.

Well, since the credits have been listed... biggrin.gif

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

I did the Paladin, Dragoon and Ninja soul stones from FF14. The reason I picked those three was because Process, birdzgoboom and I played together, and those are our main jobs in the game. <3

But those are not the only ones I made, I did make one for every job, but that is WAY too much to put into an event on here. So I'm going to post the others in my signature so that others can use them for their signatures if they so choose. : )

Edit: Okay, that was a lot and went over the character limit. xd.png  SO I posted them in an image all together that links to an imgur album containing them individually. >.>

Yay! Egg Explanation Time!

user posted image Cactus! No particular reference here, just a prickly pear cactus C:

user posted image This one is a reference to Doctor Strange- Featuring the cloak of levitation and loosely based off the Eye of Agamotto.

I guess I could do an... eggsplanation as well.

user posted image -It's just my take on what I thought a 'TJ egg' would look like. Pretty straight forward. When I was looking around in baskets I didn't see one and though "why not?" and thus a TJ egg was born. Or laid.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image - TheCompleteAnimorph

So, my eggs are a reference to Ea, Gilgamesh's world-ending weapon of the gods from the Fate series:

user posted image

And Maribel and Renko, two of my favorite Touhou characters, trying to explore and falling into a different world! I also have bonus content related to those two eggs!

user posted image

I made this as part of the process to assemble the eggs. Fun fact: the little dimensional portal is a pygmy egg.

EGG-splanations:

user posted image - Elder Scrolls egg - Oblivion/conjuration symbol, soul gems, and a magicka circlet.

user posted image - I just like poppies and wanted something more simple.

I think my favourite is the cockatiel but there are so many I love. <3

user posted imageuser posted image - aangs-sister

Little sad the animation on the digiegg didn't make it onto the site for some reason - but it isn't a big enough thing to worry about. Well, at least you guys get to see what it was supposed to be here.

And I don't need to explain the references, you guys got them just fine: Digimon (digiegg of courage) and Cthulhu.

With the publication of the credits, I should probably leave the explanations for my submissions.

user posted image

We had cockatiels in our family when I was younger. When a dragon based on a cockatiel was suggested, not only was I inclined to sketch for it, but having been invited to the festival only a few days later, doing a cockatiel egg was about the first idea that entered my mind.

The reactions were surprisingly positive - I am very glad about the joy it brang to some of you!

user posted image

Apparently it is not yet included in the credit list, but this is the second egg I made for this year's festival. The reference has been guessed correctly:

Months ago, a very good friend showed me a minisode of a cartoon called Infinity Train and made me very excited for hopefully seeing more of it one day. More precisely, the egg is supposed to depict the character One-One, consisting of Glad-One and Sad-One.

Many thanks to all others who contributed to this event's final product! Among the new eggs are plenty that are easily among my most favorite ones of all years.

Not much to tell, it's an obvious egg:P (still, being me, I wrote an essay about it, which I'm pasting below xd.png)

user posted image - My simple (yet time-consuming to sprite to me:P) tribute to 2 of the games I really enjoyed playing - the Witcher 2 and 3 (W3 is the best game of the genre also to me^^). The aim was to make a generic Witcher 2&3 egg based 100% on this version of the wolf school medallion (W2 actually xd.png it's because this game introduced me to the masterpiece of W3 which doesn't exist to me without its predecessor - team Triss here;); Still, I call it a W3 egg for my love for this game:P). The egg's white colouration is a reference to one of Geralt's nicknames, the White Wolf, to indicate it's his medalion in particular. The egg placement is not only the most convenient for the medallion's open jaws, it also references the fact witchers were made out of young boys (egg) in pain and in high danger of death in the process and later while doing their witcher jobs (bite&fangs). The medallion is also so big because I wanted to have room to work on details and used my space for this tongue.gif And that's it.

I'm glad you guys could finally see it! ;A;

{snip}

Speaking of digimon..My egg contribution:

user posted image  - The Digimon Crests on a "Tag" Egg: Courage, Friendship, Love, Knowlege, Sincerity (Purity in Jap & Tri), Reliability (Sincerity in Jap & Tri), Hope, Light, and Kindness.

There was severe lack of digimon eggs in the Festival of Eggs. I was aiming to fix that. Good thing I wasn't alone! biggrin.gif

Edit: I forgot to mention this, but a big thanks to Toodles on the #arts IIRC for helping me get the sizes for these guys right, especially for the crest of courage! And thank you to Doomslayer on #arts for their advice!

user posted image - I'm a Slytherin. I debated making the other houses, but I only had 3 entries available and no time to make all 4 house eggs anyway. Sorry.

user posted image - Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, featuring the improbable sperm whale and bowl of petunias. Douglas Adams is bae, and that book is all kinds of perfect.

user posted image - This was for my youngest cat, Loki.

Loki was born with an enlarged heart. He was given to me by his breeder free of charge - because this particular defect never goes away, is very expensive to monitor/treat, and can kill its victims without warning long before their time. He also happened to be the sweetest, gentlest, most loving little poodle cat in the universe, and every person who met him wanted to steal him. He knew how to sit, shake hands, and fetch, loved to shove his head into your hand for pets, and would purr so hard he'd almost start whistling. He loved sleeping under the covers right against my side with his head on my arm, and most of my time in front of the computer was spent with him curled up in my lap. On March 18, four days before Loki's 3rd birthday, his heart condition claimed his life.

Please cherish every moment you have with your pets. They are truly priceless.

user posted image

user posted image I didn't think to explain mine, but better late than never. It is Myu, a character from my webcomic, The Stars Shine Bright. I didn't choose her to advertise myself like some apparently thought, I chose her because she looks like a regular mew (even if my style admittedly muddles it a bit), and if you're a fan of Pokemon, you can enjoy that without reading the comic.

I am happy with the few of you who do read it though. ;w;

All of my eggs are references this year as usual because I'm trash.

user posted image

This egg is kind of obscure, it was meant to reference a pickup in one of the levels in Jazz Jackrabbit but I recolored it to be more orange because I like orange.

user posted image

This egg started off as a simple Doomslayer helmet from Doom 2016 but then I decided to recolor it to resemble the skin I use in classic Doom multiplayer.

user posted image

This egg is just Sammy Samuel Hayden from Doom 2016 but with red lights to symbolize Argent Energy.

I made those three eggs:

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image and none of them have references this year. I just wanted to make some pretty eggs. (Oh the last egg is transparent  laugh.gif )

I hope you all had a nice easter!

lol No one was right about Piemaster's Curtains egg though.

Edit: Adding more quotes thanks to a helpful PM.

Edit (4/18): Adding another artist ref.

Edited by Shokomon

To my understanding, and according to the calendar, tomorrow is another day of time for completing the collection.

This is fantastic news. I needed that extra day!

I've already gotten a whopping 14 total. xd.png

Edited by Earth Gurl

I just got the Chao Egg; made me happy to see! The good ol' days of All-S breeding and Chaos Chao shenanigans, ahhhh.

Edited by Natakiro

When I got the 'Where in time is Carmen SandiEGGo' I had the best wave of nostalgia. Please tell me that the red egg by Process really is a piece of my childhood and I'm not just making this reference up. Going through the whole thread is hard on mobile. >. <

Time to see what references I get, now that the credits are all up :0

aangs-sister has a Digi-Egg of Courage and Cthulu

Adraks are FFXIV job crystals! I spy a NIN, DRG, and PLD.

Birdz has a choco chick, so cute ; w;

Corteo's look like maybe the tops of churches in Russia?

Fiona's first egg is possibly April the Giraffe? Or just a giraffe

Fire-Ice looks like a cactus and a Dr Strange

Infinis has an adorable little squiddie

irrelevantindigo's is maybe.... that blue pattern that you see on all the paper cups and plates?

Odeen's look like Slytherin, Hitchhikers Guide, and not sure what that middle one is but holy cow it's beautiful.

PieMaster's second one looks like Nightmare on Elm Street? - not sure about the first

Process has Carmen Sandiego and Waldo! Not sure about the last one.

Shokomon has the various crests from the Digimon series

xDragonia has a cockatoo and maybe a turret from Portal?

Lots of beautiful eggs this year ; w;

EDIT: Having read some of the official descriptions now, I was way off on some of my guesses xd.png

Edited by Daypaw

So there are only 56 and i cannot pick up more. I am happy to have them all, so far, but sad that the search for eggs is over for me this year.

And i fear there could be added a last minute egg or even more last minutes eggs...

This game is made for people who like to collect and some of them, and not only me, like to have each and every single item that they can pick up and collect.

irrelevantindigo's is maybe.... that blue pattern that you see on all the paper cups and plates?

Omg I never thought of that berfore. xd.png

I love it.

PieMaster! What is the one with the fedora hat signify?? Inquiring minds want to know. happy.gif

Here you go:

user posted image

Also a musical reference, my second egg is a nod to the musical Curtains, a really great whodunnit. Hence, the egg depicts a curtain and a fedora, similar to some of the official artwork.

Shokomon quoted the credits (which are in the second post of the thread) and all the references explained so far at the top of this page (on default posts per page). :3

And if I recall right, they pop up every 5-10 minutes? Or was it just 5? If so, I got plenty of time to get them all. I can't believe I forgot about this!

Here you go:

Shokomon quoted the credits (which are in the second post of the thread) and all the references explained so far at the top of this page (on default posts per page). :3

Thanks I actually just got back far enough to see it. Lol happy.gif

And if I recall right, they pop up every 5-10 minutes? Or was it just 5? If so, I got plenty of time to get them all. I can't believe I forgot about this!

5 - 12/15 minutes, yes.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

user posted image - I'm a Slytherin. I debated making the other houses, but I only had 3 entries available and no time to make all 4 house eggs anyway. Sorry.

user posted image - Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, featuring the improbable sperm whale and bowl of petunias. Douglas Adams is bae, and that book is all kinds of perfect.

Loki was born with an enlarged heart. He was given to me by his breeder free of charge - because this particular defect never goes away, is very expensive to monitor/treat, and can kill its victims without warning long before their time. He also happened to be the sweetest, gentlest, most loving little poodle cat in the universe, and every person who met him wanted to steal him. He knew how to sit, shake hands, and fetch, loved to shove his head into your hand for pets, and would purr so hard he'd almost start whistling. He loved sleeping under the covers right against my side with his head on my arm, and most of my time in front of the computer was spent with him curled up in my lap. On March 18, four days before Loki's 3rd birthday, his heart condition claimed his life.

user posted image

Edited by Odeen

I kind of thought it looked memorial-ish. :c

Sounds like they were such a sweet cat, I'm glad they'll be remember in the egg baskets.

Edited by irrelevantindigo

Oh goodness, I'm so sorry for your loss Odeen. What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful kitty.

I finally got the Carmen Sandiego one and the Cthulhu one, and I now have 33. I've been so busy offline! I'll get them all though, sooner or later.

Since i'll no longer be on DC, might as well post what my two eggs were based on.

First was the aquarium egg - consists of a bobbit worm, tuxedo urchin, brittle starfish, fire shrimp, and anemone (specifically condylactis since I like the colors). All of these are creatures that i've either owned, or at one point really wanted to own (bobbit worm, my dream sea critter. The horrific rainbow.)

Second was the bee egg. It's literally me wanting to make an egg relating to bee memes, and wondering "what if the egg WAS bees?" what if bees cannot into poland?

Also, Japanese Honeybees are pretty cool.

I had never even heard of a bobbit worm before now but I am very, very glad you introduced me. Nature is so amazingly horrifying! :'D

user posted image

Odeen what a beautiful remembrance for your dear little Loki. Thank you.

user posted image

I'm so sorry for your loss, Odeen, seems like he was a precious sweetie and was taken far too soon. The egg you made is a wonderful memoriam.

Words are weak but I'm sorry for your loss, Odeen. It's a special type of heroism to take care of an animal born sick. His soul will always be with you.

Missed 2 days of the event because of real life, ouch. It would be cool if eggs dropped more frequently on the last day, and again as the end of the event approaches, so that those running late can catch most of them.

I'm right there with ya. Its warmer, so I have way more work to do and have been working 8-12 hour days on top of a 90 minute drive to work. I pretty much only work and sleep at this point.

And I've now found all the eggs! Thanks again to TJ, the egg sprite artists, and everyone who helped with the event.

An extra big hug to aangs-sister, Odeen and Shokomon. Always nice to see another Digimon/Hitchhikers fan.