TJ09

2017-04-16 - Festival of Eggs

*checks credits list* I guess we'll have to wait for TCA to pop in and explain. The yellow bit looks like a crumpled wrapper to me, but the egg doesn't look like chocolate? :confused:

it looks 'techy'

so it's probably based off of a sci-fi show/movie/comic

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image - TheCompleteAnimorph

So, my eggs are a reference to Ea, Gilgamesh's world-ending weapon of the gods from the Fate series:

user posted image

And Maribel and Renko, two of my favorite Touhou characters, trying to explore and falling into a different world! I also have bonus content related to those two eggs!

user posted image

I made this as part of the process to assemble the eggs. Fun fact: the little dimensional portal is a pygmy egg.

So, my eggs are a reference to Ea, Gilgamesh's world-ending weapon of the gods from the Fate series:

user posted image

And Maribel and Renko, two of my favorite Touhou characters, trying to explore and falling into a different world! I also have bonus content related to those two eggs!

user posted image

I made this as part of the process to assemble the eggs. Fun fact: the little dimensional portal is a pygmy egg.

that's so cool!!!

EGG-splanations:

user posted image - Elder Scrolls egg - Oblivion/conjuration symbol, soul gems, and a magicka circlet.

user posted image - I just like poppies and wanted something more simple.

I think my favourite is the cockatiel but there are so many I love. <3

Edited by Phioxse

I'm on schedule to collect them all this year. I wish there was a chance to get previous year eggs that we might have missed. I have a couple years where I didn't snag them all, but I know that's probably never going to happen.

Edited by Barb_

my favorite is the cockatiel

and for those who didnt know, i did create a cockatiel dragon, (with help from xDragonia TheCompleteAnimorph, and other great artists!!), it's currently in progress, and i hope i'll see it in the cave!!

Got them all. Thank you, TheCompleteAnimorph, for the explanation.

And Fire-Ice, I love the Doctor Strange egg!

Thank you for the explanations, spriters!

I have thirty one eggs so far. Must leave to do some erranding, but I'll be back soon to get more!

@everybody who answered me

I'm not saying that I don't like it, I was just asking if there was anything else to them since I've never done an event like this. Reviewing my post, I realize that it does sound like I was complaining, though.

Edited by Peachycupcake525

Woop I am done collecting biggrin.gif

Thank you so much Fire-Ice for the Doctor Strange egg wub.gif

And thanks Odeen for the Hitchhiker's egg wub.gif

Fantastic job all of you!

Just got the Douglas Adams egg! I only have 26 though; I hope I'll be able to get them all. I enjoy seeing what the artists have come up with.

@everybody who answered me

I'm not saying that I don't like it, I was just asking if there was anything else to them since I've never done an event like this. Reviewing my post, I realize that it does sound like I was complaining, though.

its okay. lines of text can be confusing as for tone. Yeah, all we do is try to come up with cute eggy designs - and its amazing what can be done with the simple shape.

Glad to get some of the references this time around.

I almost have them all! biggrin.gif I like the Hitchhiker one, as well as the others done by Odeen.

Edited by Choppedmint

I'm on schedule to collect them all this year.  I wish there was a chance to get previous year eggs that we might have missed.  I have a couple years where I didn't snag them all, but I know that's probably never going to happen.

I too am someone who would like a chance to get previous years eggs, seeing as I did miss a few years but yeah, i don' think it'll happen either.

Edit: I just got my 56th! Are there anymore or is that all of them?

Edited by Erinthebookworm

user posted imageuser posted image - aangs-sister

Little sad the animation on the digiegg didn't make it onto the site for some reason - but it isn't a big enough thing to worry about. Well, at least you guys get to see what it was supposed to be here.

And I don't need to explain the references, you guys got them just fine: Digimon (digiegg of courage) and Cthulhu.

Collected all the eggs and I wish there was more. It was fun seeing all of the amazing designs. Don't have a favorite because I liked them all. Thank you artists and TJ for a really great event!

I love seeing the artists coming in here to explain their eggs, the red egg with the hat had everyone guessing what it was, but I don't think anyone got it right.

With the publication of the credits, I should probably leave the explanations for my submissions.

user posted image

We had cockatiels in our family when I was younger. When a dragon based on a cockatiel was suggested, not only was I inclined to sketch for it, but having been invited to the festival only a few days later, doing a cockatiel egg was about the first idea that entered my mind.

The reactions were surprisingly positive - I am very glad about the joy it brang to some of you!

user posted image

Apparently it is not yet included in the credit list, but this is the second egg I made for this year's festival. The reference has been guessed correctly:

Omg, an Infinity Train egg? Did anyone else get that reference?

Anyways, happy easter everyone!

Months ago, a very good friend showed me a minisode of a cartoon called Infinity Train and made me very excited for hopefully seeing more of it one day. More precisely, the egg is supposed to depict the character One-One, consisting of Glad-One and Sad-One.

Many thanks to all others who contributed to this event's final product! Among the new eggs are plenty that are easily among my most favorite ones of all years.

user posted image --- this is the cutest thing I've ever seen wub.gif

Just snatched that one. I swear I can hear it singing, chirping.

I love DC holidays. These eggs are fantastic.